Death Trooper Audio File

Hey Chris, thanks for the files! I forgot tell you ages ago, but I downloaded them an altered them (I used to do my own audio engineering when I was a professional music producer). I removed a lot of the space between each chatter so that it was a little less random and a little more continuous. I removed the alarm signal that was at the beginning (because volume wise it's too loud - I'll explain) and then I increased the volume across the board, I could increase the volume a lot further without destroying the dynamics of the original performance. I'll forward you a copy if you're interested.

I didn't bother with any complicated setups for talking as I have found that every voice changer for DT is not even close (for my liking) and that it's easier to just talk. I run the audio file on my iPhone on permanent loop which is connect via Bluetooth to a portable 20w speaker I bought from Amazon for 20 bucks. The combination is very grunty, probably a little too much really. But better to have the headroom than be pushing something louder than it can go.

The Bluetooth speaker is velcro'd into my back armour facing outwards :) The speaker has it's own battery which lasts ages.

I switch the Iphone into airplane mode but switch the bluetooth on (so as not to get phone calls)

• Like 1

Geoff, I thought about TrooperTalk early on but after I figured out that I could play/pause the DT sound clips on demand and have my regular voice thru Tony's voice amp I decided to just keep my voice normal. Kept things simple for me. Post up a video of you using your set up. I'd like to see it in action.

• Like 1

Mark, good to hear! I would love to see what you did with the audio files. I only had the free version of Audacity to work with, Thank you! Post up a video of you using your set up. I'd like to see it in action.

• Like 1
Mark, good to hear! I would love to see what you did with the audio files. I only had the free version of Audacity to work with, Thank you! Post up a video of you using your set up. I'd like to see it in action.

I'll see what I can do this weekend if I get a chance! It's pretty simple :D

• Like 2

Hey, I hear there are at least two different troopers talking in the recording. Is there any way to separate a trooper to one track each using the timbre of the different troopers? I mean... it could definitely sound more awesome if each trooper had the same recording going on at the same time but each guy saying a different trooper dialogue at their respective times? Like one would have the first trooper but when that trooper finishes talking the other guys recording would say the answer and it goes back and forth? The only downside I see of this is that all recordings must start at the same time... it can also help to lengthen the response time of each trooper. Like... two troopers walking a bit far from each other yet they sound as if they are having a conversation...that is if you have the loop one. if it is the play and pause then it is easier.