weathering a scout armor and helmet

There is actually no real weathering on most Spec Ops kits. The only ones that I know of that are to be weathered a bit is the EVO and Imperial Comando. The others are generally very clean.

e458d707cf9859b8173446a9358daaa0.jpg

fbd259adee72d08765018f781e5fa96d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

thanks for the info ...

i looked into the crl for the shadow scout and a couple others and didnt see anything about weathering

im not sure how to get something like that approved for the costumes but, i think it would be nice addition .. some flat black blaster marks .. maybe, even go down to the basecoat and show some grey in the mark

i guess the natural weathering im picking up from building the costume will work too ;)

Most people get approved first then do any alterations they want to do after.

alright, i guess this is where im not understanding some things with the crl & gml

so...some help/info on this to clear this up for me, please

~ the crl is a minimal guide and the things pointed out in it are needed for approval? correct?

~ but, the gml can allow different things, ie: weathering, even though its not in the crl list? right?

~ a member, once approved, can mod/customize his/her costume outside the crl guideline?

- does the gml need to know the mod/customization being made? or can the member just mod/customize however they want?

?

The CRL is there as a guide for both the GML to follow to be initially approved. There is no alternate interpretation to it you either build it to the specifications of the CRL and be approved or don't and not be approved.

There is no inbetween wiggle room or room for loose interpretation.

I hope that clears it up.

My suggestion build it to the CRL specifications and get approved first before experimenting.

Also look at others build threads here for a clear view of what you need to do.

alright, i guess this is where im not understanding some things with the crl & gml

so...some help/info on this to clear this up for me, please

~ the crl is a minimal guide and the things pointed out in it are needed for approval? correct?

~ but, the gml can allow different things, ie: weathering, even though its not in the crl list? right?

~ a member, once approved, can mod/customize his/her costume outside the crl guideline?

- does the gml need to know the mod/customization being made? or can the member just mod/customize however they want?

?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...