Blackwatch Imperial Army Engineer Build

my backpack is ready to cut out of Sintra, ill do that this weekend.

Here is my shovel, and the template I made it from. Based on the side of my box, and the way the shovel overlaps the boxes my shovel is 21 inches long. 

https://i.imgur.com/JDZ1Xxz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gI7pQLq.jpg

• Like 2

Ok got more work done:

I started building the pack from 3 and 6MM sintra based on the drawings int he forums, and measurements I made from the source art.  Also got my harness laid out completely with the dump pouch, small pouches, twin MP40s etc.  I condsider it done.

ficL9ro.jpg

x3yI5Iy.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

you know, i honestly dont know.  A shovel could be cast up, as long as there is a mold.  A toy sand shovel may not be a bad starting point.   

There is plenty of evidence for flat stamped shovels (CHEAP EMPIRE!!!) and some that look like they may be tubular.  Its a shovel.  I went with Sintra because I have so much of it , its black, and it weighs nothing. My entire pack is 3MM and 6mm Sintra and its fairly light.  But anything can be molded, as long as enough silicone is bought to make the mold. 

My engineer was pretty well disassembled at a recent con.  I paid for my ticket and came in the front and they went through each pouch AND pocket (as well as all bags, purses, carrages etc).  I held up the line a while as I removed all the stuffing from my pouches on my hips. Some of the stuffing and foam is glued in and they were satisfied that I was nto going to attack anyone with my glued-in pouch stuffing.   Shovels----thats different. The new Security Forces Im starting to see at some of these cons will be able to feel it and determine it is not harmful.  

but anywhoo heres my shovel. i weathered it in the mud where my front yard used to be before the Parish contractor destroyed my yard and my street for road improvements. 

URSzLWz.jpg

YElmNrl.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive added the straps i made to the pack and I am working on the explosives.  Slowly getting there.  Helmet is being fabricated.  With the interest in the tan army trooper we are also making a slighly smaller helmet for the Garrison ladies that want to do this.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

got my helmet completed today and the goggles were finished earlier this week.  

I made hearing protection, and I mounted a hard hat suspension in my helmet. 

UScKtFZ.jpg

yrnpDut.jpg

JTQdNfy.jpgPo

Posting this I realized that I need to get screw cap covers and add them to the helmet. Otherwise it is done. 

zTSJ7V7.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, Toda said:

Blackwatch,

What pouch did you use for the large back one?  A gas mask pouch? 

@Toda Todd its a gas mask pouch, with all the velcro taken off and added two snaps painted black. Its held on with black zipties. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Condor-Modular-Gas-Mask-Pouch-Black-MA11-002-MOLLE-PALS/331581643684?epid=9013992227&hash=item4d33ce5ba4:g:WRgAAOSwcUBYL3yM:sc:USPSFirstClass!70706!US!-1:rk:3:pf:0

On 1/21/2019 at 9:03 PM, Blackwatch said:

Good to know.  Thank you David!

• 2 weeks later...

Todd were you able to pick one up? 

today I got a notification on my FB feed that I had posted my first, sloppy shot of my Engineer one year ago.  I was drowning in that thing! 

• 2 months later...

ALRIGHT!

SO!

Major update time. I have looked over Neals first pack that he received from Crookknight, and following that , I completely tore my pack apart, cut the boxes almost in half, completely rebuilt my explosives and got a scope bag for the side pouch.  I kept the original straps that I made since they are supposed to the L2 style with the ajustment straps built on top of the actual strap. 

Here is what it looks like tonight. Ill permanently mount the shovel tomorrow and touchup paint as needed.  This is a framelss slab of 6mm sintra for the back plate and the boxes are made out of 3mm black sintra. GzMpQCR.jpg

• Like 2

In this pic i had just got it together. The clips are black now and I cut1" slots in the end caps which  are floor sliders. Drill 4 holes in a rectangle and use a heavy duty box cutter to open the holes and back with sheet plastic.   The bottom charge is the same pipe and Christmas tree balls from HL.  Grind the hanging tabs off, grind the hemispheres to shape and back with plastic for the depression.   Easy!  

• 6 months later...