New CRL Proposal: Imperial Army Officer (Various Sources)

On 10/23/2018 at 8:24 PM, Blackwatch said:

The goggles used for the ATAT Commander should be the same as we see here.  You can clearly see UVEX in the CRL photo, and these look like Uvex saftey goggles. 

CRL photo from the ATAT Commander

typ9CAQ.jpg

and the Uvex safety anti fog goggle.  this is Uvex part number   11250810 

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/04498929?cid=ppc-google-New+-+Safety+-+PLA_sQuL1uGuI___164110844835_c_S&mkwid=sQuL1uGuI|dc&pcrid=164110844835&rd=k&product_id=04498929&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjbveBRDVARIsAKxH7vkOEVmxkPNcOSgz93k5G4rIHE7D07P71bJ7AV24Ut1GTeS9NfwXSwkaAkgCEALw_wcB

This is well defined for what it is, and these goggles are about ten dollars on the 'bay.  Clearly, the lens needs to be tinted for our use.  The goggles can be painted with vinyl paint. 

Just ordered two pair of these from MSC Uvex welding goggles (for the dark lens). Used coupon code SWEB30 to get them at 15.32 each free shipping.

• Like 2

Jumping back into this. Still trying to readjust to life after Chicago ?

@Blackwatch the crl looks good and makes sense to me (a neophyte when it comes to this kind of stuff)

It will be slow going due to funds but I hope to have this costume done soon

Steve I see your points, and considering that this is art, and is based on the established canon Veers armor we are reusing the text of that armor.   The ATAT Commander armor CRL text has been copied and pasted here, with the only difference being the color. It can be added, but this is not mentioned in the In-Use CRL, and is not deifined in the CRL photos attached to that CRL. 

Ill add a line that says ATAT Commander style armor to the chest armor. 

On the panel i will redefine it.  The art is based on the behind the scenes shot of veers without the ab plate, and the tunic flap terminates about 3" to the right of the centerline.  We cannot see the top, nor side of the flap in the art, and must work from the front visual. It will be up to the wearer to determine how high it will rise, since if we make it very specific, the LMO may not agree, and a GML would be free to refuse if it were not created as a Officer blouse style flap.  we simply do not have evidence of that in the art. 

zFEnObQ.jpg

cn5vkcD.jpg

Chest discussion:

The Snow Commander CRL, which was not part of the discussion with the LMO last year, mentions this. I can add the text of the snow commander as an option for attaching the front and back.

For consideration, as copied from the AT AT Commanders CRL:

Mid-chest/Rib strapping to back plate.

• made of nylon or poly webbing with no distinguishable stitching at least 30mm wide. Elastic is Authorized.
  • No noticeable stitching is present.
  • Strapping from backpack is connected to chest armor via a metal wire-like, squared off "U"-shaped fixture. Fixture is secured via two rivets (Split or saddlers OR any flat-cap style), one over the other, and is attached to the inside of chest armor, protruding outwards.
  • Hardware is silver

Proposal: 

(to be added to front armor text)

Front to back webbing connector may be made of grey elastic or webbing 1"-1.25" (25mm -32mm) wide passing under the arm  connecting the back armor to the front armor. 

No noticeable stitching is present.

Strapping from front armor  may be connected to back armor via a squared off "U"-shaped silver wire fixture. 

The wire fixture will be secured via split rivets or saddlers OR any flat-cap style rivets,  one over the other, and is attached to the inside of chest and back armor. The loop may protrude past the armor edge. 

Hardware is silver. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

There is a silver popper on the webbing, approx 1" from the Back Armor.

Black rubber trim, in the neck-line of the Back Armor.

Edited by Blackwatch
Forgot to add L2 text from ATAT CMDR CRL
  • 2 weeks later...

We are trying to use as much of the previously approved text from the commander crl, and that's what they call it. I have a picture of it but I'm not near my computer so I can't post it right now. Because the text of the Commander references the snow Commander I went to look at that crl and it shows a picture of the wire fixture it's literally a coat hanger bent to fit and riveted with Split rivet. 

OK! I got a minute to get a photo of it.  This is the wire loop fixture, common to the Snow Commander, and while it is seen in the Ground Commander CRL photos, it is not defined, other than saying that the Commander uses the same chest plate as the Snow Commander, featuring this wire fixture.

88erYfr.jpg

I have put it together to a point that we can see what it looks like.   I have two versions:

1:  Armored Commander style ribbed shoulder bridges, and black goggle strap.

2: Smooth shoulder bridges (intended for L2) with optional tan goggle strap.   

I know there are issues with this setup, it was literally the first time putting it on, and I have fixed how the legs fit into my boots. The black trim and the rank tiles are missing, they have not been fitted yet.  The smooth shoulder bridges need to be re heated and re formed, they gave us a lot of trouble during this photo setup. 

if you want to see the whole album, its a ton of files:

Dewkas Army Ground Commander files, first look.

G1rd1MP.jpg

CGKdZZL.jpgdQ8Ah5Y.jpg

6eNGDKm.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 5/15/2018 at 3:19 PM, izzi said:

I am interested in making an imperial army trooper variant of this. I have seen some images of imperial army troopers that appear similar to this but with shoulder bells and in some instances ALICE pistol belts as opposed to leather imperial belts

Edited by That one guy
I decided to make my post more detailed
4 hours ago, That one guy said:

If it would be helpful I have found some photos that closely resemble the original reference pictures. (Unfortunately the files were too large and I was only able to upload on reference photo but I will attempt to shrink the files and try again)

A9DAE163-7E45-42CC-AB83-187B9C37B8A1.jpeg

The main issue is...the references we use MUST be official references from LFL/Disney sources...not fan art, fan films, fan-made digital skins, custom figures, etc.

Thats why I ask the where the pics are coming from because if they arent coming from an official LFL/Star Wars source, we cannot use them

• Like 1
Just now, RAIDER said:

The main issue is...the references we use MUST be official references from LFL/Disney sources...not fan art, fan films, fan-made digital skins, custom figures, etc.

Thats why I ask the where the pics are coming from because if they arent coming from an official LFL/Star Wars source, we cannot use them

ah ok. thanks for letting me know. I had better keep looking for some better references 

Just now, RAIDER said:

ok so I think I have found a reference image that is canon. this comes from fantasy flight games which as far as I know has a license with Disney  

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/imptroop.jpg

3 hours ago, That one guy said:

ok so I think I have found a reference image that is canon. this comes from fantasy flight games which as far as I know has a license with Disney  

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/imptroop.jpg

From what I saw in that link…it's a custom action figure…and while we can use action figures as a periphery reference, we would need screen or print references.  Again, just be sure 100% that what you're looking for isn't some custom job.  The internet has so much out there, it's easy to be misled.  Really, the most reliable reference to use for something like this would be the Battlefront 2 character skin…BUT…it's an officer and so you would first need to check with the Imperial Officer Corps Detachment if they'd take this costume or if you should pursue it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, RAIDER said:

From what I saw in that link…it's a custom action figure…and while we can use action figures as a periphery reference, we would need screen or print references.  Again, just be sure 100% that what you're looking for isn't some custom job.  The internet has so much out there, it's easy to be misled.  Really, the most reliable reference to use for something like this would be the Battlefront 2 character skin…BUT…it's an officer and so you would first need to check with the Imperial Officer Corps Detachment if they'd take this costume or if you should pursue it here.

Oh ok. Thank you for the pointers 

After all the work I had put into this , we had to shelve  it.  The soureces we originally worked off of just did not pan out and turned out to be largely fan art, and one wikipedia image of Colonel Veers, which is what I modeled my officer after.  At this time, this costume just does not have enough official sources. 

i have a nice one-off, and I can wear it on my own terms because I love the look of this, but I cannot use it for official events.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2