Chargrilled Imperial Army Trooper Build

Change of plan, just saw that Sebastian is back and working on orders. Good to see he's healing up and getting back to it ?

I've agreed with Mike that he'll hold onto the suit for the time being. On the 7th when I next get paid I'll be ordering the helmet from Jason.  DH-17 should also be finished soon so that I can have the custom holster made matching the comic references.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Helmet arrived from Jason on Friday. Been sprayed and telemetry unit screwed in place. Now just need another set of padding (used the one I had on my Navy lid) and to fit my chin strap and the black tubing around the rim and will be all finished.

Then it's just the jumpsuit and holster to wait for, which, all goes well, should be another week or 2 at most.10c5b742dec1375ecaf7c3a2148b3d69.jpg4aa42e08eb9ab04e6ce530d94c298364.jpg1c18fa8a15fbccb726f5d02d1b41919b.jpg103e5e74ab9f545c45da46a0a9e9044a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jumpsuit arrived and it's perfect! ?

Tried to get some pictures but the Autumn evening lighting + my phone's camera failed me. Admittedly it is a darker olive green than some other components, but it is still olive green and not the grey that it appears as in the pics ?? Best example is that the French Army olive green gloves look dark grey here too, so use that as a comparison.

This was just a very quick test fitting. The excess webbing for the harness needs to be trimmed at the front, and I still need to get padding for the inside of the helmet. Other than those 2 small things, the only thing I'm still waiting on is the holster and DH-17.

The last 2 pics you can see the actual olive green a little better.

wKevocn.jpg

6qhWZgB.jpg

uG1mepg.jpg

Me5v1TU.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

it has been a bit, but I ordered another pair of boots, tonight I ordered the Angelus Olive Green to paint them, and I got my 3d printed helmet comm/ rangefinder from Blockade Runner Supply.  This is a beautiful piece and only took 1 week to arrive. 

NOr2r1T.jpg

• Like 1

I have a couple of coats of paint on this now as primer before I lay on the final color coat. I'm going to tape sandpaper to the helmet so I can sand the shape true for a tight fit. 

• Like 1

Been quite a while since my last update, but I got the jumpsuit back not long after my last post with the correct collar.

Helmet padding is still in the bag and needs to be fitted.

The final component (holster + blaster) was finished and boxed up today. I think it's turned out fantastic. With some Montana Gold olive green it should fit the Trooper holster references very nicely. I was told it was quite a challenging holster to make with no existing examples.

Le6iyoh.jpg

T6i6YtS.jpgUHNUkPC.jpg

Trf7ylt.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, Chargrilled said:

Been quite a while since my last update, but I got the jumpsuit back not long after my last post with the correct collar.

Helmet padding is still in the bag and needs to be fitted.

The final component (holster + blaster) was finished and boxed up today. I think it's turned out fantastic. With some Montana Gold olive green it should fit the Trooper holster references very nicely. I was told it was quite a challenging holster to make with no existing examples.

Le6iyoh.jpg

T6i6YtS.jpgUHNUkPC.jpg

Trf7ylt.jpg

Any chance you could photograph the holster only on the mat so it lines up with the measurements? I'd like to see the size and scale of it so I may recreate my own in the future.
Working on the blaster now...

• Like 3
Any chance you could photograph the holster only on the mat so it lines up with the measurements? I'd like to see the size and scale of it so I may recreate my own in the future.
Working on the blaster now...
Don't have the blaster and holster in-hand at the minute. Pictures I posted were took by Burkbench who I commissioned to make it.
Once it arrives I can take some detailed pics with measurements etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I am working on putting together my Imperial Army Trooper Costume and am needing the L2 Harness. You mentioned Matt Nelson. Would you mind sending his contact information my way. My email is jordan.w.h.aggen@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...