LoneRanger's Mudtrooper build/interactive thread

I know some Deathtroopers and Shoretroopers with similar shoulder straps which aren't functional. Once the length and fit has been decided they create a Velcro connection underneath so the armour can be easily donned and doffed.

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

I know some Deathtroopers and Shoretroopers with similar shoulder straps which aren't functional. Once the length and fit has been decided they create a Velcro connection underneath so the armour can be easily donned and doffed.

The maker got back to me and told me how it works, so we're all good, I got it now. Thanks! Gonna paint these over the weekend when I have time. Really wishing I had my shins and back plate right now. ?

When you come to affixing the boxes make sure you have the medium boxes the right way up [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Belt boxes painted!

1392e7f26e.png

They're not attached to the belt yet, turns out my belt is a bit short. I need to lengthen it.

Also that little silver dot on the far left belt box is a chip in the paint, that is all. If need be, I'll cover it over with more paint.

I do find it amusing I accidentally managed to chip a perfect circle in paint.

• Like 1

Great to may some paint down. Always feels like the true start of a project.

Don’t worry about chips...you’ll want plenty more of those to add to the weathering [emoji1787]

25 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Great to may some paint down. Always feels like the true start of a project.

Don’t worry about chips...you’ll want plenty more of those to add to the weathering emoji1787.png

Wait until you see my Officer belt that I stole off my AT-ST driver costume. I think I did fantastic with that one. Got it to look like mud splattered on it and everything. Hang on, I'll get a picture ?

It looks fine. I’ve never been a fan of the cuffs but they will be ok. The material is the same bull denim I’m having my jacket made from so it will be Lvl 2 ready.

In regards to the neck, it’s simple, just don’t zip it up all the way. The opening doing should start just below the neck of the armour do you don’t see it.

Excellent. Do you also know where I can find the correct patches? I can't seem to find them in proper 3D vinyl.

Jim Lau does fantastic patches. You’ll find him in the Mudtrooper Builder group in Facebook.

His are same quality as Anovos but cheaper and slightly bigger

32e49f7d182561aacdd1b8ceff0702b5.jpg

19 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

I tried to join that group, but they never let me in. ?

Unusual. Maybe try again! 

For Jim try sending an email to: eastasiasupplyco@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
Well, as much as I hate to say it, this project is indefinitely on hiatus. The sellers for my tunic and backplate/shins won't respond to my messages, and have left an extremely poor impression on me.

Who is the maker? I see you have 850 listed for armour. What about soft parts?