000 progress

Allan1313

That is awesome! How long that take to print? Looks great.
That's a quick one. About 7 hours with a filament change for color about halfway through.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

While I try and find some time to do some more sanding I figured I would share this. I had a batch of these made in anticipation of finishing. Its a real motivator as I don't want to fail now haha

hUa8gqNvmpVhH1MRiDeyDBQ8e83Enqr5aYLrpMfl

I am hoping to have a few parts with primer on them by next weekend. Also looking to finish with the epoxy on all the large parts. Just have the right legs and arms to epoxy before sanding. 

• Like 2
The coin is sickkkkkkk! About how far out do you think you are? Gonna be awesome when you get to suit up for the first time [emoji4] 
Just depends on the time I can get to sand and prep for painting. There are just so many parts haha. With things like the fingers, all the little arm greeblies, etc. I am hoping for about 2.5-3 months. I am going to put some primer down on a few parts this weekend and see what issues are still there. I also plan to put epoxy on the rest of the large parts this weekend. At that point only small parts will remain for epoxy and I can really concentrate on all the sanding and prep.

• Like 2

So yesterday I did a little test fit on the helmet. I had never worn it with the eyes and stuff hooked up. It was pretty good, I am just going to have to put some padding on the front half so that my eyes line up in the right spot to see through the pin holes of eyes haha

35jGt1v4z65V67KSHNMw8jxRW80xlJrMgrE1Pwkf

I am going to eventually repaint the front half as there is some orange peel that I want to get rid of.

Today I got adventurous and laid down layer of black on the chest and back. 

uaLZES9iMkQh9-DQahz30kBBMbqmHAy5EW5GOhcW

i75ZnUZw0OWnES1jnndgkKFGtIGZSwfGGG1AIMyE

There are definitely some problem areas which I expected there would be some, and few drips here and there. I am about 70% happy with it. I knew the first shot wouldn't be perfect. I am going to fix the issues and do another coat. I want to get a coat on all the parts first and then fix what needs it and then do 2-3 light coats after that. 

Some progress which is always fun. Next weekend I plan to put epoxy on all the large parts that still need it and start sanding the lower half.

• Like 2

How does that mask feel overall? I'm not claustrophobic but I feel like I might be in that one.

Good job on the black paint! That seems to be the hardest for me when it comes to getting right.

• Like 1
How does that mask feel overall? I'm not claustrophobic but I feel like I might be in that one.
Good job on the black paint! That seems to be the hardest for me when it comes to getting right.
It's definitely the most claustrophobic helmet I have been in. What makes it even worse is the very tiny field of view. I am not bad with stuff like that so it's not a big deal, but I know this could turn a lot of people off. There is very little space between my eyes and the backside of the eye lenses. Once I get the padding right and it doesn't shift it will be golden.

Yeah you can't hide anything with black paint, it shows every little blemish. I feel it's the hardest to paint with as well. Once I do some clean up on this coat and lay down 2-3 more light coats I think it will look nice.

• Like 1

So I wanted to see how the legs would fit together. Did a little test run. The left shin was just taped together as I don't have the hinges glued in yet. The right shin fell apart from the tape before I could get walking (good help is hard to find haha). Wanted to make sure it was all in proportion. 

000 Test

It went ok, once I get the hinges installed and the shin doesn't fall off it will be good to go. I did have 1 issue when I was putting some the stuff on. 1 of the shoes covers broke :(

I will just have to print another and re-enforce where you have to pull it "open"

MQQBNo58KQ6fraU-tBNO33Av9MMzbZ4YumIx1Edk

• Like 2

Damn, don't even have to pretend to walk like a droid ? Good thing you had a lil helper there!

That is a bummer about the shoe cover. How long does that take to print?

Damn, don't even have to pretend to walk like a droid [emoji1787] Good thing you had a lil helper there!
That is a bummer about the shoe cover. How long does that take to print?
Haha yeah. I see why Anthony Daniels walked like that.

My helper is always super excited to play along haha

That shoe cover took about 30 hours to print.

• Like 1
WOW

so in the video you are in jeans, will you be in spandex under the actual suit when you wear it? 
No I am in my TX under suit. It may look like jeans because the 000 "shorts" were in a sanded phase and wasn't as black looking as the legs that didn't have much post processing done since being printed.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Been awhile since I updated this. real life has gotten in the way big time. Haven't had a ton of time to work on it. But recently things have eased up a bit. First thing is one of my buddies picked me up the Bandai 000 model at Celebration. It is super detailed and was a fun little build.

2LVdwvOvcl3NKi_fI0wNc1I82oaVtfRFpiqfEz49

ngO8qXshmfS8MO-y9RgL9VCBLOFGcgcFTCDQ8jiv

Z9b1pbc5sDmcI0yG5FbcBRqb5RowNPFF81cbvjIV

I did some more sanding and prep and resprayed the chest and back. They are not perfect but they came out pretty good. Up close you can see some imperfections but a few feet away it looks real nice haha.

EnekOUV_1Ew4Cj3PhAgZmZvMteN0eOE04yCCJA0f

DmnwB-svXTMLaMlCyVnGseic6O-X-WhiWQWfwTV-

Next I laid down a layer of primer on the arms, shoulders, legs, feet, and shorts. This shows me where any problem areas are and can get to sanding :)

CRe_gEdO5dYfl7Ev1XmEDUoLajhDjp0hSOS389lG

7JbyGeXHkyA_QzrZeIfwmGejRjuOpCNYHDClAtFS

46p4UkANKs65ogT1LUTLBc9Y5EGw5oZ_6iNHdG3C

blF1NEG6ndE0LEo_8U6gpMCR2qGrmf0D6YaTJL8p

gao-S78TK3FBuBaAUgSKJqmlxOUPIyhtG3MkhsQH

B44b9ESIE81jvar2WdXJA8BssaZ50hbkA6yOU_D9

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Ok so I have been a bit slacking on updating this post. I have completed my 000. Here are some pics of the finished pieces. Don't mind my messy kids toy room :)

JbMyeI1JCrRyjb9gUDBtA-Ry4cusqBC617A-6wWw

j5zvjG27tPLfl2VvXNToWyD_wxvBBRbB5bXjSnA8

FviL_fKhz01teffNMvAISJllcwAozjlV1a3TCAaU

jQUeTAo4owckOASpLLhOuv3p2kBWYK24h-ckPUjO

t00rkqwf_1o0fCiFNdN2UzejyVgx2zdKk13rrZNb

NjlbFiA_9vblvxCWGBik44vPdsWm-sZIfqURbcvh

lI4_dWeyxwgVs9v-NDY0RKOSFldGmVXq1YOif3kQ

htjdCThAp5ZRcFlJk3u3pGLOt9-BV01anJLYH_Tl

oApXiPvheMoKbrtY91DOmCXQaGcHyHNNxmfvGl5T

gbv3TWsXsCMSk46WvxytnfYU-msLLf7qB6gwYlx-

While trying it on completely for the first time I had a bit of a setback. My daughter was helping suit me up and let go of the back piece. It fell and broke.

yCJTkl99b8DcgptwyOcRfsfj1uLppPju3ExFa4w6

f2EoNTW1KC8KWbvl2SBmizW88zVgUQmjhgcgEtyH

• Like 2

I fixed up the busted back piece and tried suiting up again. Pretty pleased with how it came out.

apxc2-3X9LelivGPGGyjWyR08UuKcHSnAiFisHv0

amCLf9lhhdBJDxsYiZusoleX5ELnz4g8X8WIfdH_

UCXeuO6WZEcVMIS3VOo-XDA4PLyhe1vmDKIWRh9d

sfTBYpqDSoi31c8TTFIenPQmj5XV_fLimKENpHp7

Picture with my 000 coin :)

bUuUeixhJsuVxhPivKHJ_Ti9u0nronnFYS2VrGps

skMYgHDQLSbs-IJ62a6aVdNNyYVws761imwsQckY

Just waiting to hear back from the GML now.

• Like 2