Phase Zero Dark Trooper Build

• 6 months later...

Thought I’d pop in and give an update. I am still working on the armor, and am working to get it all finished up. Now that things are finally beginning to sort of settle down and my house is kind-of-sort-of together, I’m hoping to get back to work on it.

The “break” has given me time to look at some things and redo a few problem parts. For one, I’m completely remaking all of the lights so that they’re easier to manage and also won’t need so many batteries. The lights on the knees also had the problem that sometimes the battery compartment would wiggle loose when I walk, and I’d have to twist it back together, but I won’t have that problem anymore. Now the lights will be wired together and have a battery box hidden beneath the armor. This also means I can get rid of the seams that were on the knee and chest “bolts” as I’ll no longer have to unscrew the two halves to put the batteries in. 

I also had a delay on finishing the armor because, well, I’ve actually been losing a bit of weight. So hopefully I might, with some luck, be able to trim the armor extensions down a little bit… Maybe… :)

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

Hello! I’m still here, just got sidetracked with not-so-fun housing stuff. Since I moved, I no longer have a dedicated crafting room, so I had to set it up in my garage, and organizing the garage largely by myself was an enormous project. 😅 But thankfully I’m finally almost done getting the garage together, I just need to set up the air conditioner and get my painting booth going again, so I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel there. And then I can finally do the last few minor things to finishing the armor. The outfit is like 90% done.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Blue Hatter said:

Hello! I’m still here, just got sidetracked with not-so-fun housing stuff. Since I moved, I no longer have a dedicated crafting room, so I had to set it up in my garage, and organizing the garage largely by myself was an enormous project. 😅 But thankfully I’m finally almost done getting the garage together, I just need to set up the air conditioner and get my painting booth going again, so I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel there. And then I can finally do the last few minor things to finishing the armor. The outfit is like 90% done.

Glad to hear you're doing well! I know the joys of home ownership and moving, all too well. Keep your head up!

Can't wait to see this awesome armor again :) 

17 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Glad to hear you're doing well! I know the joys of home ownership and moving, all too well. Keep your head up!

Can't wait to see this awesome armor again :) 

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to getting the costume completed. Getting the house together just took much longer than I had hoped, but I can finally see the finish line…

• Like 1