Ricky's Mudtrooper Build aka Mad Mud Mods (Photo Heavy)

Fantastically detailed thread Ricky. I’d expect nothing less.

This will provide an invaluable resource for all recruits if the 224th Imperial Armoured Division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

i really love well illustrated WIP topics.  Well done.  Your magnet solution is exactly what we are thinking of doing to Royal Manticoran Marine skinsuit armor backplates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, djrue said:

Salamat @rickyboyblue! Have the same kit and will be following this thread closely in hopes to complete by SWCC.

You’re welcome, kapatid!  Feel free to reach if you have questions.  I’ll try help as much as I can.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

i really love well illustrated WIP topics.  Well done.  Your magnet solution is exactly what we are thinking of doing to Royal Manticoran Marine skinsuit armor backplates. 

Thanks.  I have a garrisonmate who is a member of the Royal Manticoran Navy.  Glad to have given you an idea for your suit. ;)

• Like 1

THE FINAL STEP (They'll have us flying in no time)...

Every Star Wars costume builder's journey ends with preparing and taking photos for their formal application.

Every foolish Star Wars costume builder's journey ends with taking photos ahead of a CRL approval.

With a wonderful build group, awesome counsel from a trusted few, and a belief in a well-researched and well-written proposed CRL, I went ahead full gear, and had my submission pictures taken.

What's the worse thing that could happen, I make mods and take photos again.

Suiting up Star Wars.  That's what we like doing anyway. ;)

Here goes nothing!!!

d0ftAnv.jpg

bVWlKmH.jpg

TqjdxK8.jpg

JOrYZWt.jpg

JITm3J2.jpg

K7w7WZ0.jpg

3h7Kn4V.jpg

• Like 3

THANK YOU!!!!

Now that the CRL has dropped, the journey for this 501st Legion character has begun.

Any of the 13,299 active members worldwide who might have been building this character could have been model for this costume.  My take on this character was deemed by the powers-that-be as deserving to be representative of its CRL.  I'm humbled.  It was my privilege.

With this achievement, i feel honored to have represented my unit, the Golden Gate Garrison.  I'm stoked that I'm now part of the awesome Spec Ops Detachment.  I'm proud to also represent all the short troopers of the world -- short peeps can rock the Imperial runway too! ;)

Thanks to my Legion friends who helped me achieve the highest level my character could have achieve -- Darren, David, Sebastian, Jim.  You guys were amazing!

Now let's continue building, troopers.  Let's unleash this character to the entire Legion, to the galaxy -- from Mimban and beyond!

rq1TGtF.png

TrHKq5P.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
THANK YOU.
Now that the CRL has dropped, the journey for this 501st Legion character has begun.
Any of the 13,299 active members worldwide who were building this character could have been model for this costume.  My take on this character was deemed by the powers-that-be as deserving to be representative of its CRL.  I'm humbled.  It was my privilege.

With this achievement, i feel honored to have represented my unit, the Golden Gate Garrison.  I'm stoked that I'm now part of the awesome Spec Ops Detachment.  I'm proud to also represent all the short troopers of the world -- short peeps can rock the Imperial runway too! [emoji6]

Thanks to my Legion friends who helped me achieve the highest level my character could have achieve -- Darren, David, Sebastian, Jim.  You guys were amazing!

Now let's continue building, troopers.  Let's unleash this character to the entire Legion, to the galaxy -- from Mimban and beyond!

rq1TGtF.png&key=c75bee402b09805702926587802abd5ed9770e02d2999d589282a9f3f223c505
TrHKq5P.jpg&key=e069ce5ffa36d658186f6df7eec552befcc58e9bb92466a0702e52fe615c170a

Absolute pleasure to have been on the journey with you Ricky. You were always willing to listen to feedback, and actively added your own creative solutions to the build. A job VERY well done [emoji1303]

• Like 3

Serious Grats on getting this approved, and being the "first".  That is a great feeling! This was a tough build, a long haul, but in the end its worth it! 

• Like 1
On 1/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, JAFO said:

Absolute pleasure to have been on the journey with you Ricky. You were always willing to listen to feedback, and actively added your own creative solutions to the build. A job VERY well done emoji1303.png

Phenomenal work to get this to the end.  Thank you!

If you end up making a personal patch…remember me…I got trades.  Just sayin lol.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

MUD IMPROVEMENTS -- LOWER BELT:

I lost one of my belt boxes during Celebration Chicago.  It took awhile before I got my replacement box from Jim.

And it took a loooonng while before I got the chance to work on the lower belt box.  

das5JIol.jpg

Weekend of August 24 was that window of opportunity for me, so here's my improved lower belt.

First improvement was giving the webbing the zig-zag stitch treatment

jIwMPtel.jpg

Proceeded to prime and paint the new box

tYw5zedl.jpg   

zVVxC22l.jpg

TdA0qW5l.jpg

Comparing it to my original box.  Noticing that my weathering for the boxes were just splatters of black acrylic paint, I went on to apply my mud details to make the boxes consistent with the rest of the armor.

t8G1fUyl.jpg

And to make sure I don't lose any boxes again (fixed the "hinges" on my long box as well)...

gPukmfJl.jpg

d0huaZBl.jpg

QcBx8wel.jpg

Here's my improved lower belt rig.  I like it. :)

JRDQQwoh.jpg

MUD IMPROVEMENTS -- MUD MEDIC:

I've been in possession of a spare bicep armor for a good number of months.

NBV9PStl.jpg

This obviously was with the intention of making this into a Medic bicep.  I used this same weekend to finally do it!

As with most of my JIm kits, I start the armor prep by sanding the interior and applying Plasti Dip to temp down any loose fibers.

This also gives the surface a nice rubbery feel.

deeWwVkl.jpg

Proceeded with priming the armor piece...

ZS71e8Um.jpg   wreSCENm.jpg   uoIlwa3m.jpg

After priming, went and blasted it with white flat spray paint.

7LtvW81m.jpg   Qu019qNm.jpg   4opuTRdm.jpg

E6'd the piece overnight.

WGDw63fl.jpg

DQscCDPl.jpg

Following day, I taped the piece in preparation for spray painting the red and yellow markings.

72SiJQfl.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, ukswrath said:

Wow! Can't say this enough, this is one fantastic thread, makes me want to build one. Don't try and convince me Ricky, I still have three other armors I have to finish first ?? 

Do eeeet!