Ensi's Mudtrooper Build [Jimmiroquai]

Ensi

Completed the yugo buckle respirator straps. The way I have it threaded here makes the frontmost buckle lift a bit. I added a blob of E6000 and clamped it down overnight to make it stay.

bqhHFxC.jpg

Did my helmet strapping. Rectangle rings onto webbing onto leather which were E6000'd into the helmet.

nmQkkJE.jpg

I have a large head, so I had given up on the bike/skate liner. But I was browsing a hardware store and found a helmet cheap, it fits and sits really well but does make the helmet sit a bit too high for my liking. Nothing bad though!

fjZhU3F.jpg

Installed into helmet using velcro, sits like a champ.

jo5dq0P.jpg

My chinstrap consists of a buckle on one side and velcro on the other. Making it removable.

RyAI7Tw.jpg

Of course, couldn't resist trying it on.. Gives you a real motivation boost :D 

BWKMzCt.jpg

PS: Nike pants are not approvable sadly

Hose connection on the respirator. I designed this up and added it with two M4 screws. Available free here (fits Jim kits):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D_WbICFH2OioMPttiAMBTItbyOhGKLcZ?fbclid=IwAR26xrHC4HazSuDbQqPaSabhfSdpfAq3IPJ2hRXAM1AxbiCa9bpKRBgLVQY

PuwI36I.jpg

Same thing on the back, but with a single M8 screw. Have it not tightened 100% and it swivels! Here you can also see my resp strap. 

39tgeTQ.jpg

Cut the hoses to length

v9D6LIK.jpg

For the updated telemetry unit I decided to mess it up. I mixed some 5min epoxy glue and dabbed it on with a crunched up paper towel. Looks real good, this will need a few coats of spray putty to get rid of the print lines.

fXCcsSX.jpg

Also sewed on the connecting buckles onto the plash, makes it sit at about mid-calf length. This is for safety when trooping. Will get some better pics of the plash later if anyone wants.

AcEnDKn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been going at lightspeed the past week, been busy and haven't had the time to update the thread.. 

But I can announce that Mudtrooper #26 has been approved! The first in Nordic Garrison (Norway, Sweden, and Finland)

TX-61514 ready for flying in no time!

2Ixp6rT.jpg

OpKkP1f.jpg

uPZm7QB.jpg

3PWXdej.jpg

Still a couple of kinks to work out, upgrades to do etc. Finish the E-10.. Can't allow myself to use that ANH E-11 :D 

But pretty happy! Will post the few updates I have after my vacation :) Will also add a table of contents for easier navigation.

• Like 3

Awesome build Ensi, impressive attention to detail! Congratulations on your approval!!!

How did you find out that you’re number 26? I was kind of curious if I had the only mudtrooper in my area but couldn’t find a way to tell on databank.

Congratulations  @Ensi!!!  Looks great!  Let me know when the WIP thread is fully complete and I will pin alongside Ricky's and Jasper's.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:23 PM, 87ninefiveone said:

Awesome build Ensi, impressive attention to detail! Congratulations on your approval!!!

How did you find out that you’re number 26? I was kind of curious if I had the only mudtrooper in my area but couldn’t find a way to tell on databank.

Thanks man! :D 

If you log onto the main 501st website, go to "Membership DB" on the left side, click costumes total, then click "click here for table view", then click on TX Special Ops, you can see the total number approved. I checked it before my GML approved me and after :D 

On 6/24/2019 at 4:08 PM, Raider said:

Congratulations  @Ensi!!!  Looks great!  Let me know when the WIP thread is fully complete and I will pin alongside Ricky's and Jasper's.

Thanks man! I'll tag you once it's done, still need to take some pics and write up the table of contents! :) 

On 6/28/2019 at 12:34 AM, Blackwatch said:

good news! congratulations!~  

I love the look of these when they are clean and shiny, Garrison-fresh.  Love that color!

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't go overboard on the weathering. You can always add more later! Think I might do that soon..

I've been on one troop so far with the costume, and it is really comfortable. Only qualms I have with it is wearing the respirator on your face, it's a bit hard to move your head with the hoses. Might have to replace the hose connectors with swivelling ones or something, but it's not terrible. Also I want the version of the helmet which is longer, I can't really see out my goggles as the helmet sits too far up. I can either get a new helmet or remove the bike liner, but have to think about that for a possible level 2.

StNDOiX.jpg

u5JIfWv.jpg

Q0tV9AK.jpg

0wA9xEh.jpg

(ps: I am using an ANH E-11 at this troop pls don't kill me, working on the E-10)

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Wow I kinda feel bad for abandoning this thread ?

I'll get back to this soon, i'm working on my E-10 at the moment. Can't really walk around with the ANH..

Some pics:

aMvrg82.jpg

XoiQLDc.jpg

ZBC0YgN.jpg

UzzTjVf.jpg

PVvYFkZ.jpg

For wrapping up the armor portion of the thread, would videos be of interest? Would it be easier to understand how I made things go together, or are pictures adequate? :)