Mudtrooper / Mimban Officer Build - I think it's possible!

xAlpha

23 hours ago, weldingdude said:

off topic, but I really like that purple(? purple/blue? R2 blue?)  on those Fett buckets...

Thanks! It's a dark blue, and I'm going to add purple to the T. Should get back to that at some point.

Painting should be done by this weekend, then it's on to assembly and weathering. I'm trying to get it completed by my birthday next weekend. Would be a nice gift to myself to submit it.

• Like 1

Great work - it’s coming along nicely! Hope you’ve got your rigging solution sorted. If you’re still deliberating you’ll find lots of advice on Jim’s kit in the pinned build threads.

• Like 1

Some good news/progress:

VBaLn3G.png

IUiCLFU.png

StdmtF1.png

I'm pretty proud of my helmet setup. I used the d-rings for the straps, and then additional rings on the straps to clip the mask.

But, in bad news, the paint on my straps failed and I'll have to redo them:

ZghhEHa.png

• Sad 1

Looks like oils are still leeching from the rubber. Another big wash, dry and light sand should get you ready to prep with the adhesion primer and paint.

Yeah. Just sucks it couldn't happen before I got it permanently attached. Gonna be a lot of masking in my future (but I'll use plastic bags for the largest parts).

Now that I'm approved, I thought I would share my submission images folder in case they can be of any help to others: https://imgur.com/a/ZiaJFO1

Also, for the heavier mud, I used grey clay, water, and white glue. Once I got the mix sufficiently on there, I sprayed everything with a clear matte sealer to keep it there.