Sith Trooper Build

Haha, looks more fun then a barrel of monkeys....wait... :thumbsup:

So...tedious...gah.

Finished half the shoulder. Started the other half then ran out of tape. It's raised up more than it will be once the other side is connected, but you get the rough idea.

largec.jpglargevj.jpg

*whispers* bucket :whistling:

Haha, the bucket will come soon. I'm working out some problems with unfolding it, as the fold and cut lines are coming out wrong. So for now I'm working on the calf then the forearm. But the bucket will definitely come after that.

Also, I've decided to sell the pep files for the Sith Trooper. Apparently, fiberglass, resin and mold-making materials are expensive. Who knew lol? I'm roughly basing prices off SPC's prices for his pepakura costume files. $4 for a piece or $30 for the whole thing. The pieces are:

-abdomen plate

-back plate

-calf

-chest

-collar

-head

-arm

-shoulder

-thigh

PM me if interested.

Alright, clearly I haven't been posting enough actual work as this is my 5th post in a row lol. So don't hesitate to comment now! :D

Setting up for fiberglassing

largera.jpg

First coat of fiberglass resin (I've done 2 now but I only took pictures after the first coat. I'm thinking I'll do 3 or 4 coats total)

largevf.jpg

And finally, I worked all during my DnD session tonight on this :teehee:

largeq.jpg

I didn't finish it as it's too small but it's given me some good practice and a good idea of how the pieces fit together.

Still working on the new helmet. I have a feeling already that it might be a tad too large but I'm gonna finish it all the way to be certain. I would've had a lot of time to work on it today but a squadmate and I drove up to the Far Away Creations studio (hurray for 4 hours of driving lol). Totally worth the time and gas though. Seeing all of the molds, armor kits and other costuming bits and bobs lying around was definitely worth the trip. Didn't get anything as I'm focusing on this (and another secret project from TOR :whistling:) but it was fun. Hopefully I'll post with a complete half helmet soon! Hmmm. Odd contradiction in that statement.

The progress is looking awesome. I wish I could do something like that, but I just don't have the patience.

Yeah, it's pretty freaking tedious. Unfortunately, I have almost no patience either. But I've found that if I watch a movie or build the paper pieces while playing Dungeons and Dragons, it's not too bad. But now I'm running into the problem of running out of stuff to watch lol. In only the past few days I've watched all three Ong Bak movies and various television and anime shows. Any suggestions?