Sith Trooper Build

D&D...? Which edition? I would suggest the incredible hulk series. It's my current work series.

-iz

Our current campaign is 4th edition, but there's been a strong push from everyone to go back to playing 3.5. The only problem with that is finding rulebooks for everyone as we don't have enough to share and they're hard to come by since 4e came out. We might just switch to playing the Pathfinder RPG. And I'll have to check out the Incredible Hulk

Yeah, I would definitely pick a show. I am fortunate in that i couldn't possible run out of movies to watch or rewatch. I think I would need to watch 1 every day for 3 years to cover them :D . Are you looking to buy. Amazon is your friend. I could suggest a bunch of stuff, but its hard without knowing what you have watched. Firefly?

Yeah, I would definitely pick a show. I am fortunate in that i couldn't possible run out of movies to watch or rewatch. I think I would need to watch 1 every day for 3 years to cover them :D . Are you looking to buy. Amazon is your friend. I could suggest a bunch of stuff, but its hard without knowing what you have watched. Firefly?

Haha, yeah I've already watched all of Firefly. And the movie. I'm caught up on all the shows I watch. I'm pretty much constrained to whatever is on Netflix instant stream though. And whatever else I can find online. I just started watching One Piece. Seems good so far, if different from most other anime I watch. I wish there were more episodes of The Walking Dead!

Alright, finished the right half of the helmet. Actually managed to get the size right on only the second try.

helmetdown.png

helmetside.png

helmetback.png

helmetonside.png

It's still a bit floppy, especially as it's only half the helmet. But it came out way better than the first one. I'm fairly pleased with it :)

Well due to snow and cold I'm not going to try any fiberglass or bondo today. I printed out the left half of the helmet but honestly, I just don't have it in me to do any more pepping right now. I did do a little bit earlier, trying to figure out the correct collar size. Back to the first one too big, second too small routine until I get it figured out.

largee.jpg

largea.jpg

Fortunately, the weather for tomorrow and the following days is predicted to be in the 70's. Even if it doesn't get that high, I'll be able to start fiberglassing the helmet and doing bondo work on the arm.

Didn't do much today. But I did start a painting :D Of a costume I'll be making (hopefully) soon for my girlfriend. Believe it or not, she actually chose this costume. No persuasion needed!.

Awesome! I chose that one too! I'll start on it right after my Slave Girl Tarkin is completed! :teehee:

Umm... Going to post pics? :woot:

-iz

(Bad izzi! Act like a responsible DL! :verymad:

Awesome! I chose that one too! I'll start on it right after my Slave Girl Tarkin is completed! :teehee:

Umm... Going to post pics? :woot:

-iz

(Bad izzi! Act like a responsible DL! :verymad: <--Putting my Serious Face on.)

Haha, that thread will be on the Flagship Eclipse forums. But I'm just researching everything right now, so you're gonna have to keep that responsible DL face on for a while longer lol. In other news, it's an absolutely beautiful day to go do some bondo work! :D

Second half of the helmet is about 30% done. No work tomorrow so I'll probably stay up and work on it. I've started bondo work on the elbow, hand and shoulder pieces. Still lots of sanding to be done so no pics yet, but hopefully tomorrow. I've never worked with this much bondo, I've just filled in seams in armor. Anyone have any tips?

Didn't get nearly as much done so far today as what I thought I was going to get done. I made the mistake of watching Religulous and Jesus Camp and kept getting distracted and didn't do any work. :pinch: Also, I've been planning on doing Shae Vizla as my next armor costume project (not for me obviously) but then I found this picture. TOR Bounty Hunter

So now I'm definitely thinking of doing both a male and female version. Too many costumes, not enough time!

Fortunately, tonight is DnD so I won't have the computer to distract me while working.

Well here it is. It's not perfect, but I can work with it. Also, always try to get other people to take pictures of you as it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a good shot of your head when you can't see lol.

sithtrooperhelmet1.png

sithtrooperhelmet2.png

sithtrooperhelmet3.png

sithtrooperhelmet4.png

sithtrooperhelmet5.png

sithtrooperhelmet6.png

After a bit of tape to pull pieces into place, I'm still not perfectly happy, but I'll be able to fix almost everything I don't like with Bondo and sanding.

sithtrooperhelmet7.png

sithtrooperhelmet8.png

sithtrooperhelmet9.png

sithtrooperhelmet10.png

sithtrooperhelmet11.png

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. Hopefully I'll have access to an actual camera soon so I can take better pics. I know it's hard to see a lot of the detail in these pictures.

Looks like a perfect fit! Well done!

Thanks all! It's somewhat strange in that it's only kind of a perfect fit. There's at least one inch of space between my head and the top of the helmet, but almost no room on the sides. I also found that I can just barely squeeze my head in with the neck piece closed on all sides. As I have a much larger noggin than most and a somewhat ridiculous amount of hair on top of that, I think it's the perfect size. Now I can start working on the collar. Once I have the collar the right size I can fiberglass the helmet and use the collar to make sure the rest of the armor is the right size. It's another beautiful day (I think spring is finally creeping into Colorado...although it did snow last night :teehee:) So i'm off to go bondo while I can! Oh, and Darth Emphatic I can show you whatever you need to learn here. It's honestly not too hard. This is my first time doing this and I feel like it's coming out ok. And once I finish this costume, I should hopefully have more than enough experience to tackle Shae Vizla's armor.