Sithtrooper Helmet - Draft CRL Development Discussion

On 1/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, nanotek said:

The Phasma bucket has that similar ledge. The Phasma CRL says that it is flat on the bottom, which I don't think is an accurate description. For the Sith Trooper I have proposed the following:

• The bottom of the helmet has a black ledge that runs the perimeter of the helmet that extends back into the interior
    • is about 3/4" to 1" wide
    • matches the angles of the helmet, most notable is the jawline

works for me.  I'm happy with this section of the CRL now. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

With blu-ray released and a few pending CRL updates cleared, lets focus this down to completion...starting at the top (helmet) and then moving down.

Review current text draft and if we need to make adjustments lets do so to get this CRL to the finish line as efficiently yet accurately as possible.

Please keep in mind...Level 1 basic is the general look of the costume.  Level 2 includes the accurate details that are slight and barely noticeable (especially during a GML review of front and back full body shots only).  Neither Level needs to touch on actual unseen construction methods that are hidden.

Topic is unlocked and ready for replies @nanotek @gmrhodes13 @JoeShoe @rickyboyblue @ukswrath and others.  Once we feel it is set we can move on to next piece and add this to finalized text proposal section.  Thanks all!!!

• Like 2
On 7/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, Spiel said:

Hi guys! 

While I've been working on details of the helmet I noticed one minor detail of the brow. 

I don't see it in the draft, so I thought to propose it))

I'm talking about small recessed line at the bottom of the brow line, at the center of the front area. Not sure about the length, might be one inch or somerhing. 

Hope to help more! 

Denis

1r48fn3.jpg

sWXMCCO.jpg

oT2VExC.jpg

SyNVnVd.jpg

Oh yes, I discovered imgur))) lol))

This has highlighted detail is missing from the text. Can anyone help transcribe to descriptive text? I believe the whole brow is quite complex and requires a bit of thought. It's possible we could make some of these details L2. 

@Raider, none from me outside of the ledge detail discussed here, and I mentioned to you separately.

This has got to be one of the most text-heavy bucket descriptions in the CRL world.  I support the move to bucket (no pun intended) Level 2 items for this piece and move on to the next. ;) 

Thanks.

• Like 2

This looks good to me now @nanotek and it seems none present have anything to add.  Will worry about bullet formatting and any punctuation checks in final pass.

When you are ready you can move this finalized proposal text (and others as we move) here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/6780-new-crl-proposal-sith-trooper-tros/

Can edit and hijack my original post to drop text in.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Raider said:

This looks good to me now @nanotek and it seems none present have anything to add.  Will worry about bullet formatting and any punctuation checks in final pass.

When you are ready you can move this finalized proposal text (and others as we move) here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/6780-new-crl-proposal-sith-trooper-tros/

Can edit and hijack my original post to drop text in.

Awesome, locking this thread and marking as complete

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Apologies on digging this up, I proposing to make a couple of minor changes to this section of text. When I was looking at some of the references I had forgotten this costume is made up of components. The top of the helmet is separate from the lower half which forms a seam starting from below the traps, extending diagonally towards the back and terminates at the horizontal line at the back.

I then realised that the line was not referenced in the text and that the seam should be added for L2.

• A  line starts at the bottom-back of the trap extending horizontally downwards to the back, intersecting with the diagonal line that extends from the brow and interacts with the horizontal line that separates the mohawk lines from the 5 recessed lines at base of the back.

Level 2 addition:

• The line that runs from the traps/brow to the back is a seam.

References:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.27.15 am.pnghelmet line.jpg

Helmet

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
  • Lenses are black in color. They may be bubble in shape or flat and must be sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes
  • The lens frame extends back underneath the trap and terminates about 1cm from the back of the trap
  • The brow extends out from the lens forming a significant overhang
    • There are two recessed lines that run parallel to and are above the brow
    • The bottom line recess extends above the clip greeblie running parallel to the trap and connects with the recess at the rear of the helmet
    • The top recess terminates where it intersects with the bottom recess line
  • A "Mohawk" section runs along the centre from front to back but is not raised.
    • 16 recessed lines run parallel to the "Mohawk"-like section from front to back on each side
    • The mohawk starts from the 2nd brow line and extends toward the back, terminating in the recessed lines at the back
  • The frown is semi-gloss black with the following features:
    • The mouth has one centre "tooth" that connects to the snout and is separated by a detail that has greeblie section that has 14 "ribs"
    • The mouth has 4 teeth either side of the centre “tooth"
    • There is no hexagonal mesh in the mouth area between the teeth
    • The area from the bottom of the mouth extending to the tears has hexagonal mesh
    • The centre tooth is the width of the bridge and has 14 little ribs at the top
  • The jawline is angular and has the following
    • flat trapezoidal section the extends 3/4 way down the jawline from the frown
    • flat triangular sections one each side of the trapezoid
    • 10 recessed lines extend from the base of the flat triangular section
  • Each tear (area beneath the corners of lens frame)
    • is angular
    • solid matte black
    • recessed circle in the bottom most corner
    • has 3 recessed lines separating the top tear from the bottom section
  • Face plate is two separate angular pieces that mirror each other with
    • 14 recessed lines on each
    • Curved lower section that starts from the tear and curves towards the front of the jaw forming a filleted ledge. The ledge is more pronounced at the tear end smaller towards the frown.
    • Faceplates are separated by a channel that runs vertically along the bridge of the nose between the lens and frown
  • The bridge of the nose has 10 small rectangular ribs from frown to lens frame with one larger one at the top
  • The side of the jawline has
    • Seven rectangular cut out vents/tube stripe slots are on each side of the helmet. They have the appearance of being black at the base of each slot
    • 5 recessed lines extend from the front of the jaw and terminate in an angled manner below the trap. There angle of termination is complementary to the black trapezoidal shape
  • Two helmet clip greeblies are present over the traps on each side
  • Directly below the traps is a detail comprised of a vertical alignment of shapes in the following order
    • a small raised circular shape
    • a recessed B shape
    • a small raised circular shape
  • Below the traps toward the back and base of the helmet is a small black trapezoidal stripe
  • A  line starts at the bottom-back of the trap extending horizontally downwards to the back, intersecting with the diagonal line that extends from the brow and intersects with the horizontal line that separates the mohawk lines from the 5 recessed lines at base of the back.
  • There are 5 recessed lines at the back forming a trapezoidal shape. The angle at which the recesses terminate are complementary to the rear black trapezoidal shape
  • There is one slightly wider recess channel that extends all the way around the base of the helmet
    • The base of the channel is black is about 8mm wide by 8mm deep
    • matches all the angles of the helmet as shown
  • The bottom of the helmet has a black ledge that runs the perimeter of the helmet that extends back into the interior
    • is about 3/4" to 1" wide
    • matches the angles of the helmet, most notable is the jawline

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Lenses are bubble-like or bulbous in shape
  • Lens frame has 4 recessed notches near the top of the tear
  • The Brow has the following details
    • There is a cutout section under the brow
    • There is a raised section underneath the brow that has a pattern comprised of 62 recessed pill shapes
  • The teeth are are metallic black or a very dark grey
  • Faceplate pieces are visibly separate pieces, 4 slots under each faceplate for covering the teeth
  • The tube vents are a solid backing and painted black. No mesh or cloth is present
  • The helmet clip greeblies are the correct clips (refer clip greeblies diagram)
  • The line that runs from the traps/brow to the back is a seam.