Sith Trooper reference pictures

I have to say I am really interested in the back/chest armour. There are a couple of things that stood out for me. First is that there are overlaps where the back overlaps the sides:

lF4r3bW - Imgur.jpg

Then there was a couple of things that @gmrhodes13 pointed out in the videos where it appears that there are two layers to the chest/back:

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.43.25 pm.png

Above I have tried to illustrate the point he was making by highlight the front and back of the chest/back armour. It's kind of like a poncho idea that was used with the Deathrooper except that it forms part of the armour. I am thinking that the chest and back are the same piece but with two layers. What does everyone else think?

On this image if you look at the bottom edge under the back plate you can see a little black area, this could be Velcro (or just a shadow) which could mean the back plate attaches to the back/side wings.

lF4r3bW - Imgur.jpg

In the middle image below we can see the back plate appears to be attached to the sides. You can also see the chest plate has the shoulder straps attached. I think the two poncho style areas just sit on each other under the chest and back, but why not make them one piece?, I'm wondering if the front poncho has that ridge detail seen on the top front of the chest, but again with no other references it's really hard to tell. Be glad when the evolution of stormtroopers video is released for a better look, still won't be able to see all the details though.

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.43.25 pm.png

It's definitely not straight forward. 

• Like 1

Having another look at the stage video from the other side and it appears each set of armor only has 1 gasket, the other image I posted makes it appear that there are two but I now think it's two hung sets, the gasket could have been hung on the coat hanger sideways, if that makes sense, so the square cut out can't be seen from the side.

Next image under we see the armor sets hung from the other angle, each with an undersuit and only one gasket

RIZdMY1.png

The gasket could also have the square detail section seen at the top behind the chest plate. 

I also noticed in the video it shows the chest could be in pieces, the centre section is seen as grey with the chest sides red, perhaps it was a trial fit but there is definitely a gap between them.

fUQPZfl.png

I'm still not convinced with the back, if the back is actaully separate to the sides/wings, small dark areas can be seen at the bottom which could be Velcro? also gaps in the sides.

Image under we can see gasket/rubber material under the should straps and a gap under the backplate at the top.

xm2e4Wh.png

So I think the gasket is one piece and has the stepped areas seen around the neck and also the square details on the front behind the chest. 

• Like 1

Found another side photo with the gap between the back plate and sides. I'm wondering if the chest/sides are one piece (one each side) and the back plate just attaches over the top. Looks to be a separation on the shoulder strap to backplate tabs and they may slip into the tabs on the back plate.

8gj1X08.png

I think this image definitively shows the detailed small squares section around the front of the neck is not attached to the chest, it is in fact behind and part of the "poncho" "gasket". Notice the trooper on the right his chest is not central to the detailed section behind.

i7hRlaf.png

Also the chest is up higher on the first trooper covering the square details compared to the rear trooper

wF101hh.png

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No join between chest and sides, could be one piece (per side) with only the back plate and mid chest section holding the sides together.

8pmKj6k.png

This was one of the reasons I was holding off on the chest and back CRL, it appears that that the chest and back are one piece joined at the back, however they are two layers with the "poncho".

That top left picture is very telling! On the side show toy there is a small seam, but on the real world suits there is none. Did you notice the little ledge on the abdomen towards the back to keep the belt aligned?

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.00.23 am.png

• Like 1

Based on what you're saying @gmrhodes13 and what I can see here is my closest representation of the chest/back armor with the poncho

Chest-back-front-clean.pngChest-back-back-clean.png

Chest-back-front.pngChest-back-back.png

The green represents the "poncho" and the blue represents the outer armor. Judging by what I can see the outer armor is one piece that sits over the top of the "poncho" to give the appearance of one piece then overlaps and closes at the back (solid blue). The irregularities that you are seeing around the neck are probably due to the way they were fitted or difference in actor body shape around the shoulders. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nanotek said:

Did you notice the little ledge on the abdomen towards the back to keep the belt aligned?

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.00.23 am.png

I did notice that, it was next on my hit list, can see it further around the ab too and I thought the same to keep the belt from going upwards.

4 hours ago, nanotek said:

Based on what you're saying @gmrhodes13 and what I can see here is my closest representation of the chest/back armor with the poncho

Chest-back-front-clean.pngChest-back-back-clean.png

Chest-back-front.pngChest-back-back.png

The green represents the "poncho" and the blue represents the outer armor. Judging by what I can see the outer armor is one piece that sits over the top of the "poncho" to give the appearance of one piece then overlaps and closes at the back (solid blue). The irregularities that you are seeing around the neck are probably due to the way they were fitted or difference in actor body shape around the shoulders. 

Yes and no, I think the neck and back section is "poncho" for sure but the front centre section between the chest I believe is still an armor piece which fits on to the back of the chest/side pieces and goes over the "poncho", that section is seen separately on the chest in the stage video, also if you look at the image below it is not in center alignment with the "poncho" neck details. as the chest section is off centre it should be trying to push the poncho into the same alignment and there is no bunching.

zrTQ15s.png

4kiEIrK.png

There is also a gap between that centre chest section and the "poncho" ;) 

CYIjIWC.png

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I did notice that, it was next on my hit list, can see it further around the ab too and I thought the same to keep the belt from going upwards.

Yes and no, I think the neck and back section is "poncho" for sure but the front centre section between the chest I believe is still an armor piece which fits on to the back of the chest/side pieces and goes over the "poncho", that section is seen separately on the chest in the stage video, also if you look at the image below it is not in center alignment with the "poncho" neck details. as the chest section is off centre it should be trying to push the poncho into the same alignment and there is no bunching.

zrTQ15s.png

4kiEIrK.png

There is also a gap between that centre chest section and the "poncho" ;) 

CYIjIWC.png

So we are saying that the Chest/Back armor is comprised of 3 components: Poncho, Center-Chest Plate and a Back/Yoke?

If this is the case then maybe the CRL should be written with the Chest/Back as one section that can easily be divided into L1 - L3, I would expect that this level of detail will be L2/L3

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nanotek said:

So we are saying that the Chest/Back armor is comprised of 3 components: Poncho, Center-Chest Plate and a Back/Yoke?

If this is the case then maybe the CRL should be written with the Chest/Back as one section that can easily be divided into L1 - L3, I would expect that this level of detail will be L2/L3

Sounds like a good idea.

3 components as a group but 5 actual pieces.

1 Chest - consisting of 2 parts x chest/sides and 1 x centre section

1 Back/yoke

1 poncho

I'm still looking into the shoulder straps, they appear to be on the front chest sections and go into blocks on the top of the backplate, there are clear separations there.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Sounds like a good idea.

3 components as a group but 5 actual pieces.

1 Chest - consisting of 2 parts x chest/sides and 1 x centre section

1 Back/yoke

1 poncho

I'm still looking into the shoulder straps, they appear to be on the front chest sections and go into blocks on the top of the backplate, there are clear separations there.  

I have not been able to find any separation between the chest and back. The shoulder seems to morph from the chest into that termination block at the back. I also cannot find a decent enough pic to confirm the separation between the termination block and the back. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, nanotek said:

I have not been able to find any separation between the chest and back. The shoulder seems to morph from the chest into that termination block at the back. I also cannot find a decent enough pic to confirm the separation between the termination block and the back. 

I think it's on the back of the shoulder straps, the straps appear part of the front chest/sides. Some images of the separation.

GFIp7jJ.png

• Like 2
12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I think it's on the back of the shoulder straps, the straps appear part of the front chest/sides. Some images of the separation.

Thanks mate I think you're absolutely right. Based on that last square in the bottom right corner, the way it has been "joined" is slightly off:

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.27.20 am.png

• Like 1

aGBiJth.jpg

There are a few us out there who collect Lego and many wouldn't have been able to purchase the SDCC exclusive Lego Sith Trooper Bust, so for anyone with a lot of red and black Lego looking to make one you can download instructions here: https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/6294948.pdf

• Like 1

There are a couple of things with the shoulder gaskets, at the top of the shoulders you can see on both the stage and floor troopers that the flat side section of the gaskets is being pulled out, I believe this is because of the arms pulling the gaskets down, they are also bunching up under the armpit. I have a rough idea how the angle should be on the shoulder gasket compared to the FOTK. 

Xt0Jace.jpg

Now I've done a real rough edit but if you pull the arm upwards the gasket appears to follow the angles of the chest lines, which is how I think it was supposed to work and not be pulled outward and downwards.

xXsJFaa.png

This one took a while, doesn't help when your image software crashes just as you are about to finish , short gaskets, very little rear details can be seen, the Hot Toys appear to be angled but the stage and floor troopers appear straight on front. Although I did find one image from the stage trooper with some horizontal lines in the top right corner, nothing there on the floor troopers though.

sfObyFQ.png

• Like 1