Rat's WTF Crimson Stormtrooper Build

1 hour ago, IcyTrooper said:

Looking good! How does your hand feel? ?

Pretty good Ryan I cheated and used my belt sander. The teeth and eyes were dremeled and then I used an exacto toclean it up more. Need to get pics as I have since I have questions about the bucket. Plus I think it is ready for construction.

• Like 1

Looks like you're on a roll. I haven't done a helmet "yet" from scratch for the stormtroopers so I'm not sure on that one. I think Walt has a video or something about doing the helmets if I remember right. They can be tricky from what other guys in my garrison told me. I have to get my Magma together still, I'm just past the trim phase.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Looks like you're on a roll. I haven't done a helmet "yet" from scratch for the stormtroopers so I'm not sure on that one. I think Walt has a video or something about doing the helmets if I remember right. They can be tricky from what other guys in my garrison told me. I have to get my Magma together still, I'm just past the trim phase.

Yeah I've gotten to the trim part and just getting to where I'm gonna be sizing.

• 2 weeks later...

So just getting ready to start cutting and I'm sizing things up. I am realizing that unlike my Anovos TK this is going to require far less trimming and shaping. The Anovos was a bit large in both the forearms and thighs, this will not be. From my understanding Walt's kit is roughly 90-95% the size of most other kits. It is definitely making me think before cutting.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've taken a bit of a break from the bucket to concentrate on the rest of the kit. I've finished most of the trimming still need to take a bit off of the shoulder bells but the rest is done. Sizing, fitting and gluing now.DOr1MvA.jpg

DFFTqUN.jpg

kSMQ1Dg.jpg

FCjt4MW.jpg

lMAMSxG.jpg3joqo1K.jpgZCZmwOc.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

3uWW8Hu.jpgSo I've been sidetracked with a commission build for a future garrison mate. I did however manage to get the TD trimmed and mocked up. Need to get it painted and some flat aluminum for the brackets though.

• Like 2

Thanks Ryan. I'm working on the bucket as well, but having a hard time with getting it aligned properly. I'm sure it is mostly from the trimming. So I'm working on that and all my clamps are in use on my commission.

Working on the bucket now. I'm pretty sure I've got the alignment right. I'm not sure if I need to trim a bit more or some reshaping needs to happen though.nBDc5QF.jpg

This is where the shaping May need to happen. Lots of resistance trying to put them together.EnDJ7uw.jpgj4ENh7b.jpgiH2kxVl.jpg

I'm hoping I can get it all riveted together this weekend.

So took the plunge and got the alignment sorted and added some screws for a temporary hold while I get it all straight for rivets and proper fitting.VgxcmuE.jpg

Might want to get that right side shaped just a bit more for a better fit.WcFR6aC.jpg

The left side isn't too bad and fits well. I suppose the wonkiness applies to all the different buckets.Hm8LFkK.jpg

The hovi tips are good I think, but I'll be adding some washers for good measure and a bit of extra support.aqE25eA.jpg

• Like 1

So I didn't get the rivets in, but I noticed I may need to trim the cap a little more as it seems to not fit quite right under the ears. I will do what I can to get it done especially since I need to work on the commission bucket for this weekend when I'll do another test fitting and turn that over so she can do the electronics. So I'm hoping to get the bucket together and painted this week.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay update time

So I'm pretty sure my paint match is much better and my GML is okay with it, still off but much better than the two colors of plastic.qDGAiK5.jpg

The bucket is almost complete. Need to do some paint touch up and add the mesh to the hovi tips, but other than that it is done.kbRpxZm.jpgCcrayOr.jpgAus7rw1.jpg

I did finish off the buttons, just didn't get a photo of it..AvV6XtY.jpg

rp6K99D.jpg

sJcUC1p.jpg

e2AjQN3.jpg

So progress is made. Also I'll be able to focus on this as my commission is nearly complete.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Devolver said:

That bucket is coming along very nicely! Not much left to do now.

Thanks. Yeah I want to repaint one of the rear traps as I'm not happy with it and the lines on all of them need touch up work. But it is almost done.

7 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Great work!

Thanks.

• Like 1

So got the rivets into the ab and kidney, hand plates done, TD almost done. Will get photos later. Pretty much need to cut cover strips and start gluing.

• Like 2