PROPOSED CRL MODIFICATION: Shadow Stormtrooper

I'd say for the detonator we'd probably want to keep it close to Rocket Trooper with a few additions/changes:

• Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned half way between center of detonator and the end cap.
  • The detonator is attached to the canvas belt with 1" (25mm) black metal or metallic-appearing clips.

I don't really see anything that we need to change for the belt from the L2 stuff we have above. I can't really compare it to the Rocket Trooper because we did a lot of funky things with that one based on the game images (i.e. longer belt boxes, skinnier plastic part, etc.)

I also don't have any recommended changes for the thighs.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'd say for the detonator we'd probably want to keep it close to Rocket Trooper with a few additions/changes:

• Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned half way between center of detonator and the end cap.
  • The detonator is attached to the canvas belt with 1" (25mm) black metal or metallic-appearing clips.

I don't really see anything that we need to change for the belt from the L2 stuff we have above. I can't really compare it to the Rocket Trooper because we did a lot of funky things with that one based on the game images (i.e. longer belt boxes, skinnier plastic part, etc.)

I also don't have any recommended changes for the thighs.

Reading it through again, I think we will leave all parts as is.  Calling text complete unless any other typos are noticed.  Wait for pics.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Raider said:

Reading it through again, I think we will leave all parts as is.  Calling text complete unless any other typos are noticed.  Wait for pics.

Okay yeah now that I look back I think I was originally against the painted detonator clips because of the upkeep required to keep them black since they flex.

Sorry for the late question, newly approved Shadow TK here, but curious as to why the new Level 2 return edge requirements for the biceps, chest, and back plates? I'm still exploring the forums here but couldn't find anything.

27 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Sorry for the late question, newly approved Shadow TK here, but curious as to why the new Level 2 return edge requirements for the biceps, chest, and back plates? I'm still exploring the forums here but couldn't find anything.

The proposal was initially presented in the CRL team staff area.  I can let @NINJAM0VE explain in more detail if he is able but essentially the requirements are MAX limits to prevent extremely thick return edges.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Raider said:

The proposal was initially presented in the CRL team staff area.  I can let @NINJAM0VE explain in more detail if he is able but essentially the requirements are MAX limits to prevent extremely thick return edges.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I've minimized the return edge in some places on those parts for comfort's sake, so just wanted to make sure that was still going to be ok for Level 2. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Halycon said:

Would there be an option to add some binoculars?

There are as of yet no references that depict that...and it's ANH TK counterpart that we could potentially align off of do not allow for those either...so unfortunately no.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, Scimitar said:

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I've minimized the return edge in some places on those parts for comfort's sake, so just wanted to make sure that was still going to be ok for Level 2. 

Hi, return edges that impede mobility or impose discomfort in some areas of these armor parts can be minimized and still qualify for level 2. My only concern of maintaining the majority of return edges is that these parts does not look flat but with depth. Cheers.

• Like 3

Doing a run through review of this...with pics nearly complete...want to make sure our text aligns to references one final time.

• Like 1

Looking at the primary references (the official comic/card art...not action figure paint applications), I would like to propose that the interior of the mic tips for Level 2 must be white OR black...leaving only the silver option eliminated at Level 2.

I am unsure if we need to specify colors for the vocoder for Level 2.

• Like 1

I don't think we need to specify the vocoder colors but I'm all for removing silver from the tip interior. White and black would be good for the reference we talked about in comic and gentle giant.

• 2 weeks later...

Discussion for this update is locked.  Publishing with pictures is underway.  Thank you to all for your input.  Special thanks to @NINJAM0VE for the initial proposal writeup, @IcyTrooper @Blackwatch for the managing of the CRL edits, @ukswrath for the great new photos, and @rickyboyblue for the photo edits.  CRL will officially go live for GML review on 1/27/20.

• Like 1