Best Death Trooper kit

Hello everyone,I apologize for my inactivity the last month,it's been a pretty busy month of exams but I finally got some time,I decided to get my clearance as soon as possible so I'll start with a bridge crew,I only need the hat and making some minor modifications and I'm all set for clearance to start trooping as soon as possible (this pic is from my first time wearing the flightsuit in an unofficial troop a few days ago),after this I'll most likely go with a TI,then an ST and the death trooper.I already got my friends' help for assembling a kit so I'll buy the finished helmet from ArmoryShop first,and then the 850 black kit and boots from Dr Martens,all soft parts will be made by my friends and I.Wish me luck!

73388450_2453383638320011_4641670855863042048_n.jpg

• Like 1

Also,what is the "proper" height and build to wear the death trooper? I don't want to look like a black armoured jawa.I'm 5'9" and about 170 lbs,a bit taller than the national average and the second tallet of my group just behind that TR,is that an "acceptable" height?

On 10/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, Arminius said:

Also,what is the "proper" height and build to wear the death trooper? I don't want to look like a black armoured jawa.I'm 5'9" and about 170 lbs,a bit taller than the national average and the second tallet of my group just behind that TR,is that an "acceptable" height?

For the 501st Legion, there are no height or weight restrictions. Anyone can wear any kit they want.
With that said, I think the shortest Death Trooper on screen in Rogue One was 6'4" but most of them were around 6"7'. On the bright side, the screen shots of Death Troopers from the Mandalorian are looking like the heights are a bit shorter and more varied. Some behind the scenes and trailer shots I've seen make some of the DTs look around 6'0" to 6'2" in height by my guess.

I am a Death Trooper and stand at a little over 5'10" completely barefoot out of costume. Your boots will add almost an inch and your helmet (with extra padding to the top) can add up to two inches of extra height. I also use internal lifts inside my boots that add about another inch of height. After all is said and done, I end up at around 6'3" which is plenty tall enough considering most people who will see you are shorter than that. It's rare at this point that a fan is eye level with me.

If you're going for a great presentation in costume, I would say attempt to be taller than the Stormtroopers around you but shorter than the Vader you troop with.

Ultimately though, as long as you're happy in your kit, it doesn't matter! ?

2 hours ago, Devolver said:

For the 501st Legion, there are no height or weight restrictions. Anyone can wear any kit they want.
With that said, I think the shortest Death Trooper on screen in Rogue One was 6'4" but most of them were around 6"7'. On the bright side, the screen shots of Death Troopers from the Mandalorian are looking like the heights are a bit shorter and more varied. Some behind the scenes and trailer shots I've seen make some of the DTs look around 6'0" to 6'2" in height by my guess.

I am a Death Trooper and stand at a little over 5'10" completely barefoot out of costume. Your boots will add almost an inch and your helmet (with extra padding to the top) can add up to two inches of extra height. I also use internal lifts inside my boots that add about another inch of height. After all is said and done, I end up at around 6'3" which is plenty tall enough considering most people who will see you are shorter than that. It's rare at this point that a fan is eye level with me.

If you're going for a great presentation in costume, I would say attempt to be taller than the Stormtroopers around you but shorter than the Vader you troop with.

Ultimately though, as long as you're happy in your kit, it doesn't matter! ?

Thanks,I'm about 5"10" too and taller than the average so I at least look tall,fortunately I'm the second tallest of our patrol just behind our TR (the idea to start as a TR was to be in a pair,ironically he wants to make a Vader) so I guess I have the "minimum acceptable height",seeing that I'll be at least 6'0" in full armor.Was thinking of buying pading for the helmet as well.Also one of the reasons I want to buy the Armory Shop helmet is for presentation and because I really want one to add speakers to.Really want to make this but it might take me years though.?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Arminius said:

Thanks,I'm about 5"10" too and taller than the average so I at least look tall,fortunately I'm the second tallest of our patrol just behind our TR (the idea to start as a TR was to be in a pair,ironically he wants to make a Vader) so I guess I have the "minimum acceptable height",seeing that I'll be at least 6'0" in full armor.Was thinking of buying pading for the helmet as well.Also one of the reasons I want to buy the Armory Shop helmet is for presentation and because I really want one to add speakers to.Really want to make this but it might take me years though.?

Yeah, I'm sure you can hit at least 6'0" easily. You could definitely push it like I did and I don't see why you couldn't hit 6'2" if you wanted to.

Regarding the speakers, you can put a sound system in ANY kit. There are a few ways to do so depending on preference so it's no big deal which maker you go with. With that said, you can't go wrong with an ArmoryShop helmet.

It won't be a big deal how long it takes you, the most important part is that you have fun doing it. The Legion will be around years from now, it's not going anywhere and will waiting for a new Death Trooper... You!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Arminius said:

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement,I already started saving to buy the kit from 850 and the helmet.This death trooper will be made no matter what!

I look forward to seeing your progress and having another Death Trooper in the ranks!

• Thanks 1

I have to second the DT kit from Denis/Armory Shop! I'm 6'4", so this was a no-brainer.

Just got mine in last week and did a test fitting. So far it's going great! Just have to set my straps and elastics. Right now I just blue-taped it together for a rough idea.

I did get the fully finished kit. It's not cheap, but I don't have a ton of time, and it was money well spent.

Someone said the forearm bands were included? I didn't see any in my kit. Everything else appears to be there.

• Like 2