Shadow's General Weir Build

My mom work on the right boot today. She did the ALL the sewing with a needle and thread!!! :o:o

She is going to have the left boot done tomorrow sometime!!!!

RightBoot7-19-10.jpg

After that glue down the flaps and add the holster ( working on that tomorrow night!).

I'm off thursady and if everything works out I hope to go outside for a quick General Weir photo shoot!! :D:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boots are DONE!!!! Just waiting on the flaps to dry.

Boots7-21-10.jpg

Tomorrow adding the holster and fixing a "few" things. With luck and no rain I could have some outside pictures tomorrow afternoon!!!! :D:D

General Weir is almost here!!! B)

Sweet! I can't wait to see it in the forums awaiting LMO approval! Once it's done be sure to get your GML on it right away! :D I'd love to have it official and in the 501st Legion Photo at CV!

-iz

Got the holster on the boot this morning!!! :)

Bootholster7-22-10.jpg

I am editing the photo shoot now. Just have to load them and post them soon!!!!! Heat index during the shoot....103!! :o

Prep for the Orlando heat!! :lol:

izzi, I don't know if I'm ready for approval yet. I don't have a scout pistol right now due to CV funds. NOW, this has been something I wanted to bring up and that is in the comic General Weir is always using what looks like an E-11. So, the case could be made that the pistol and the E-11 would work for him. This would, of course have to be worked out during the process of approval I'm sure. The only BIG thing that I have to fix is the collar on my coveralls. I have a piece to make a closer, but havn't had a chance to sew it on. Once that piece is on I will try sending in pics. Will I need to send anything else?

Weir may not be "offical" yet but he WILL be at CV!!!!

Okay...pictures coming soon!! ;):D

OKAY here are the PICS!! This took me 5 months to build. (Really 2 years ;) )

I give you.....GENERAL WEIR!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Front-1.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Around-tree.jpg

Skywalker.jpg

Helmetoff.jpg

I had to do this! ;):D

comictogether.jpg

Nice! Submit that suit! The only things I could see the LMO say, is to drop the bandoleer strapping a bit more and paint the belt to match the comic reference. Crazas and I will make sure the figure references are also posted (and noticed) when it gets to the GML forum.

Can't wait to see it in line for approval! (And to see the first General Weir!)

-iz

I know they need something against a plain background, but that just might be for the profile shots. You could send those in and see what your GML says. Just plan to take some plain background shots ASAP.

-iz

hmm i can easily make parts to swap out to be a shadow scout to a general...just make a template that can place over my belt piece and make straps and a cover lense on to the front of my mirror lense hehe...possibilities!

Soooo, work has me on overtime ALL week and on Saturday. Doesn't look like I will have the time to submit Weir for 501st aprroval before CV. I just have to much to do before I leave. Don't have the time to take new pictures. So, Weir won't get the stamp of approval before CV...BUT the good news is Weir WILL be at CV!!! That was my goal from the start of this costume. Once I get back I will work with my GML and get this costume APPROVED!!! :D:D:D

Now, let's get ready to CELEBRATE!!! B)B)

Thanks for all the comments and the GREAT help while working on this costume!! :D

I'll watch for it in the GML forums and make sure all the right references get posted to help expedite it :D

-iz

EDIT: BTW, approved or not, I expect your Weir to be in the Spec Ops photo. Be there!

I'll watch for it in the GML forums and make sure all the right references get posted to help expedite it :D

-iz

EDIT: BTW, approved or not, I expect your Weir to be in the Spec Ops photo. Be there!

Is the Spec Ops photo after the Legion photo? If it is and Weir is not approved, then I will be in my Snowtrooper. So, I don't know how this will work. I REALLY want to be in the Legion pic, first time for this. ;)

Just wanted to give you a heads up. Just in case. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to ask about a few things... there seem to be inconsistencies between the weir of the comic and the weir of the Hasbro figure.

1) the comics usually show a grey tbit, and yet at other times I've seen red. You've obviously chosen red...(although I thought earlier in the thread you'd said grey?)

2) where does the E-11 gun go? Do you have a holster for it? I see the ankle holster for a scout blaster.

3) In the comics, the cod doesn't look like flight suit alone... it looks like there's armor or?

4) What is sticking out of Weir's left side? Baton or?

Here: http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/ShadowTX7763/General%20Wier%20Shadow%20Scout/comictogether.jpg