PROPOSED CRL MODIFICATION: Crimson Stormtrooper / Magma Trooper

Im good with the weapons selectin as well. 

Guys maybe Im overlooking the obvous here, but Im seeing references to red color  matchng (belt, drop boxes etc)  but this text is further down in the discussion. 

Will there be a standard statement at the front of the  CRL regarding accepted shade and sheen?  There's a million reds and crimsons.    And we also dont want want a new builder doing a mix and match with various sourced bits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Im good with the weapons selectin as well. 

Guys maybe Im overlooking the obvous here, but Im seeing references to red color  matchng (belt, drop boxes etc)  but this text is further down in the discussion. 

Will there be a standard statement at the front of the  CRL regarding accepted shade and sheen?  There's a million reds and crimsons.    And we also dont want want a new builder doing a mix and match with various sourced bits. 

To date, the standard (unwritten standard?) has been that the red should be consistent.  I don't think we can nail it down to much.  Gloss red and leave it at that with a note that the color should be consistent throughout the armor?

• Like 1

And due to the fact that I've noticed that how the red is rendered varies greatly with the camera used. From that perspective I think we would be making it harder for the applicant and GML if they send pics in.

Consistent color amongst all armor pieces I feel is the most fair.

So the DLT-19 would be out? I've been working on one of those, but at least I'm good with using it for my clean TK. Happy to see the SE-14r on the board too. Now just to find one. 

I Will be going mostly from comic reference for my build so glad to see those elements being added or at least confirmed.

4 hours ago, Rat said:

So the DLT-19 would be out? I've been working on one of those, but at least I'm good with using it for my clean TK. Happy to see the SE-14r on the board too. Now just to find one. 

I Will be going mostly from comic reference for my build so glad to see those elements being added or at least confirmed.

Unless the DLT-19 was in the comic or on the toy I don't think it'd be at the CRL level. That's not to say you can't use it in troops at discretion of the garrison, but there wouldn't be any criterion here per say.

Here are the references from the toy for the E-11 and DLT-20a:

Crimson-Stormtrooper_Big_2.jpg

And the one from the comic for the SE-14R:

download.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Unless the DLT-19 was in the comic or on the toy I don't think it'd be at the CRL level. That's not to say you can't use it in troops at discretion of the garrison, but there wouldn't be any criterion here per say.

Here are the references from the toy for the E-11 and DLT-20a:

Crimson-Stormtrooper_Big_2.jpg

And the one from the comic for the SE-14R:

download.jpg

I'm considering going with a SE-14r if I can find files and someone to print it for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just noticed the holster section doesn't read as optional. If it will be an option then simply adding (If present) in the first line.

7 minutes ago, Rat said:

Just noticed the holster section doesn't read as optional. If it will be an option then simply adding (If present) in the first line.

Correct.  It will be moved to the optional section entirely.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In checking references one last time, noticed the aerator interior is listed as white.  Primary comic reference shows red interior with black outline...however, the vocoder is done the same way in the comic art (more than likely to show texture and depth).  Adding black as a Level 2 option for aerator interior.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Updated the thigh armor section under L2 to correct color of rivet/fastener to red from black:

The thigh ammo belt must be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted red in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. 

Note...update model photos have been submitted and under review. Publishing of the update is close.  Heads up to any builders out there.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update:  The text and pictures for this CRL update have been processed and published.  We do recommend GMLs provide a 2 month grace period on builds that had begun prior to this update if necessary but highly encourage any incoming applicants to meet the new standards.  Additionally, this costume will be getting a rename to "Crimson Stormtrooper" as was discussed in the members poll here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/7153-poll-magma-trooper-rename/

The Legion LMOs and Web Team are working to adjust the URL but it should be noted that the name has changed "unofficially" when viewing the CRL itself.  Thank you to everyone for your participation in the process.  Special thanks to @IcyTrooper for facilitating the discussions, @rickyboyblue and @SithThundercracker for the photo edits and CRL editing, and finally @Rat for providing our latest round of CRL model pictures using some of the new options available to this costume.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1