• 2 weeks later...

just ordered my helmet tomorrow i order my pants and tunic

left to order is :

shoulder pouch  ordered from ebay 20 bucks

gloves  ordered from amazon for 26 bucks

chest plate

jacket

paint

gun ( much much later and not needed for approval )

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been watching the Korso build come together and have been actively trying to source more information on this character. I'm glad to report I have 'some' information that will help shape the build and there are some significant differences to the Mudtrooper.

The chest plate is 100% same as the Range Trooper including the same lights.

As already suggested there is a pipe coming off the left of the chest plate, just above the elongated rectangle indent.

Whilst the goggles are the same as the Muddy the strapping is completely different. No elastic appears present, it is all webbing. There is no large buckle present.

The belt and boxes are the same as the Muddy but he wears the rivet on his right.

The gloves are the same style as the R1TK and Shoretrooper. This glove variant was also seen on Muddys.

The tunic is black and a different style to the Muddy.  There is no central zip. It is more a classic officer style tunic.

The pants differ from the Muddy. They don't have the reinforced thigh panel.

The boots appear to be calf length rather than knee height. They also have a textured heel. They appear to be jackboots, more inline with the classic TIE style boots.

I can share some reference images in due course but thought I would share this info ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

I promised some pics and here they are. Apologies for the delay!

Chest Plate
50208047623_09e50c0750_o.png

Boots and Coat Layers

50208047843_cdc22e79cb_o.png

Goggles

50208572161_a68e3ccc5d_o.png

Tunic and Belt

50208851867_5f039e6f16_o.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Raider said:

Great @JAFO  Whats the source for these shots?

Only one belt eh?

I want to say that I saw it in the "Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide" book back around release when I saw it at Barnes & Noble.

well that does change some of my build but not to much i have a black officer tunic no biggie there the pants i still need a definitive answer on 

i need more info on the google straps as well

nice attention on the belt ,,thanks for catching that one

is it possible he is a navy officer ?

thus the pants are straight leg black officer pants as is the tunic , that would make sense with the helmet as well if that is the case i just need the chest plate and jacket as the gun is not needed for approval.

The boots (budget aside) are what 100% has kept me from this.  I cannot wear Officer boots.  But jacks, thats a different matter.  

Plus Korso is more my speed anyway. 

I had a Navy Trooper helmet but got real hard up for money after getting laid off, it was a Tambo so it looked a bit different, but it was huge even on my shoulders.  With the straight legs, I think the Imperial NCO would work as a base (version 1) https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black_nco

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, mike ford said:

can anyone get a better look at the goggle straps and buckles by chance

The buckle is the same as the standard Mudtrooper. The most available ‘close enough’ buckle is used on Gentex chin straps like the HGU-55.

The straps appear to have a pretty specific weave.

41D0B79D-8443-4FFA-9B0E-CAEF9D21BEB3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, ImpOfficer said:

R1 Navy trooper + Range trooper chest + officer black trenchcoat + mudtrooper belt, goggles and pouches. Easy peasy. The only thing that will never be possible to never know: did he have the back of the armor?

Since the back is hidden there really isn't a definitive way for us to say what he had on his back. If anything to make it work we could come up with something that would be "assumed" per say but be within the optional category.

50 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Since the back is hidden there really isn't a definitive way for us to say what he had on his back. If anything to make it work we could come up with something that would be "assumed" per say but be within the optional category.

The IOC had a similar quandary with the Mimban Officer but they settled on a backplate not being required to meet CRL. Most Mimban Officers have Criss straps that hold the breastplate in place.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@mike ford following up to see how you are progressing.  also, can you please start compiling all of your reference pictures (and those in this thread) into one zip file for me and I can direct upload everything to the forums in a nice tidy thread?

Edit: I took care of the pics.  Check the thread.  If anyone has more to add, please upload them here and I can direct upload them.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2020 at 1:19 AM, JAFO said:

The IOC had a similar quandary with the Mimban Officer but they settled on a backplate not being required to meet CRL. Most Mimban Officers have Criss straps that hold the breastplate in place.

thats a thing we could discuss...an optional backplate

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well today is a good day i finally got a 3d file for the chest plate and a friend is printing it for me this week

the belt is done

the googles just need to be finished up and the proper spreader and straps figured out

got the fabric goods figured out just need to save up for a new navy trooper dress uniform

and then that 300 dollar jacket but i did find a maker

the helmet and gloves are also done and now that we are saying (so far) that the back and shoulders are option due to the jacket i am getting closer

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...