WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Thanks mate, I'm a little concerned about the widths of each band as well as the gaps. The back of both is also continuing to be a pain, due to the mismatch between pics of the front and back. It's gotta look good when it's finished, hopefully that day will be soon :)

th_RightShinComplete.jpg th_RightShinComplete2.jpg th_RightShinComplete3.jpg

All that is missing are the Knife and it's sheath (going to be one solid piece, no need for a real knife ;) ) a round greeblie on each side at the lower cutout, and the thruster. Left shin is almost complete, pending getting the taper correct on the top half.

• 3 weeks later...

More progress from yesterday. Took one step forward and two back. The good news, Got my helmet molded and it's now ready to have the prototype pulled. The bad news, I left the tapered shin in my car and ended up with a piece of PVC pipe and a puddle of melted plasticine in a plastic bag :( So back to the drawing board on that one. The other piece of bad news, I'm not making headway with the pelvis armor, so I'm going to have to scrap it and start again with a lifecast for the base. Newspaper under a duct tape cast just moves too much and won't let me get the shape right.

So the helmet was a pretty big win, hoping to have it finished off and painted for a big troop at the end of Feb. Might even have the backpack to go with it. While it was annoying to have to start the shin and pelvis again, I'm not overly concerned, because neither was working properly and I felt I was putting too much effort into something that I might have had to re-do anyway. Onto the chest and back while I decide what to do with these two pieces.

Yeah, it was annoying, but I'm looking into an easier alternative at the moment. Sculpting the taper to be the exact depth at each point was getting tiresome and very tricky, so I figure just shoving a chunk of wood on a lathe might be the easier option in this situation. Just need to get me access to a lathe, and a chunk of wood.

Also, just thought you should know this is one of my favorite builds to follow! :salute:

Cheers mate, slow and steady wins the race :) Hoping to have the helmet and backpack ready to show off at the big Dreamworld Troop next month. I want to have the rest of the costume done my October for a big convention in another state, but we'll see how I go. Fingers crossed I get it done well before October :thumbsup:

Sorry mate, been a bit held up by these floods, trying to use my half built armor to help out the affected people of Queensland. Also, the postal service is down for the time being due to the floods... so you might have to wait a little longer :teehee:

Sorry mate, been a bit held up by these floods, trying to use my half built armor to help out the affected people of Queensland. Also, the postal service is down for the time being due to the floods... so you might have to wait a little longer :teehee:

Prayers are with you and the rest of those effected by the flood. Looked real bad on the news man good luck down there :yes:

Waters peaked at 4am yesterday at 4.6m and receding since then, so the major event is over. The city is getting into clean up mode now, probably going to take a few months to clean everything up, but there's an army of tradies, earth moving equipment and volunteers all pitching in to make sure the clean up is as quick as possible. I was lucky enough to be one of the unaffected people, but I know plenty of people who were affected, going to try my best to help them out to get back on their feet ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...