Lt. Dan´s Death Trooper WIP

Whoomp, there it is!?

First complete suit up today! I must say, its a pain to put on all the stuff. 30 minutes in it and I was completely sweaty?With time, one becomes business-blind, but I hope that I have considered everything. Comments are much appreciated! Fire at will!

20210827_115927f.jpg

20210827_120056f.jpg

20210827_120016f.jpg

20210827_120041f.jpg

20210827_120114f.jpg

20210827_120126f.jpg

• Like 7

@Lt. Dan

Looks awesome Dan!!!! Great job on your build! Get used to sweating, this costume is hot! When I was in Hawai'i I would have my wife or daughter pour a bottle of water inside the back of my neck seal to cool me down during outside troopings.

A few things I noticed which are not "glaring" but if tidied up, would make your build look more movie accurate.

Your two hard square boxes on your belt look like they are on your hips and basically on the center side of your belt. They should each be moved backward just a little but more.  From the CRL "There are two square boxes ...... attached on either side of the belt in a location between the wearer's hip and kidney." Also by moving them backward you are less likely to have them scrap against your forearms.

If possible, the boot covers where they cover the toe are angled up just a little bit. Its not a CRL requirement but should you submit for Level 2 in the future the Level 2 CRL requirement is The rectangular panels shall not be wider than the width of the top of the shoe and will lay as flat as possible against the shoe with the front edge not extending past the upper and sole seam.  You could use small Velcro pieces on the corners to pull them flat against the sides of your boot or some folks put a piece of wire in the end to make the cover curve.

Since your belt top is attached along your posterior piece top edge, and your lower back piece is under your posterior piece, I would recommend (if you haven't done it already) to put a piece of felt or soft material on the inside top edge of your PA so that it doesn't rub and scratch your lower back piece. since your tow pieces will float up and down the scratches/rub marks will be very noticeable. Also make sure that the top of the belt covers and hides the upper top edge of the PA, in your right side arms up photo you can see it has slid down. Velcro strips will hold the two aligned and together.

If you get pinching in the groin area, you have enough space at your knees that you can lower the thighs an inch or two and it will still look correct.

Your SE-14R holster may need to be reconfigured. The upper snap strap is good, (I can't tell if the lower loop strap can be rotated) but the lower snap strap is turned so that if the loop is around the scope it will twist the vertical support strap. (See photos for reference) If that makes sense 

6D6QJYY.png

IEw4Cu2.png

That's all I noticed! You did an amazing job!

Screenshot (176).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@ChaosThanks Chris for your comments, much aprreciated!

As for the belt boxes: on the right side just behind the belt box I have placed the hidden adjustable buckle of the webbing. There´s no space left to reset the belt box. Therefore I placed the opposite belt box on the same place because of the uniformity (I´m very picky with such things☝️?) When I draw two red lines on the hip and kidney, I´m still ...in a location between the wearer's hip and kidney... I would think. Otherwise I´ll have to redo the whole belt!

20210827_120041fred.jpg

20210827_120126fred.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Your SE-14R holster may need to be reconfigured. The upper snap strap is good, (I can't tell if the lower loop strap can be rotated) but the lower snap strap is turned so that if the loop is around the scope it will twist the vertical support strap.

All good Chris! The lower loop is just twisted, just missed it but thanks!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

@ChaosThanks Chris for your comments, much aprreciated!

As for the belt boxes: on the right side just behind the belt box I have placed the hidden adjustable buckle of the webbing. There´s no space left to reset the belt box. Therefore I placed the opposite belt box on the same place because of the uniformity (I´m very picky with such things☝️?) When I draw two red lines on the hip and kidney, I´m still ...in a location between the wearer's hip and kidney... I would think. Otherwise I´ll have to redo the whole belt!

20210827_120041fred.jpg

20210827_120126fred.jpg

I'm with @Chaos on this one, they shouldn't be directly on your sides like that. They should be more towards the back of the belt covering the kidney area. And yes, where they are positioned you are either going to damage the boxes or damage your forearms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

When I draw two red lines on the hip and kidney, I´m still ...in a location between the wearer's hip and kidney... 

You're correct you are good for CRL, I had to move mine back a little after my first couple of troops, the sharp corners of my boxes beat the hell out of my forearms and just wanted to pass on my experiences, just like the pinch area between the cod piece and thighs. Nothing worse than getting a good pinch in public and reaching down to sooth the boys. ???

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, nanotek said:

I'm with @Chaos on this one, they shouldn't be directly on your sides like that. They should be more towards the back of the belt covering the kidney area. And yes, where they are positioned you are either going to damage the boxes or damage your forearms. 

Thanks for the confirmation @nanotek! But I hope you like the remaining 99% of the build?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

With my 100th post I'm reporting for duty! Get approved today without any issues? 

Very proud to be a part of the Spec Ops now. Many thanks to all who followed my way and helped with advice and tips. Special thanks to @Chaos for your great and always fast feedback, it was much appreciated. Thanks bro??!

Now, looking forward for the first troop in it?

Daniel_Groebke_Pose.thumb.jpg.a99bea1035132dc40b33ace53abe1460.jpg

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...