Force Unleashed Jumptrooper CRL Discussion

Very nice! I will update the text at that start so that I can port it over to the wiki. I had an FAA inspection come up that takes place tomorrow (probably as result of us getting acquired) so that pushed me back a few days. I'll make a strong push starting tomorrow evening to get this rolling into the main CRL.

• Like 2

I have updated theĀ Helmet HoseĀ section to have to correction about red strip weathering. I have updated the Shoulder Armor as per Mark's feedback. I have also updated the Biceps text to shorten it and remove L2 requirement.

• Like 1

Thanks @IcyTrooper! Been busy with other stuff lately, and I'll be in and out the next few weeks. Just poke me if this discussion stalls again.

Anyway, I went ahead and updated the Shoulder Straps and Forearm sections per Mark's feedback. I have also added the weathering to each applicable section up to the Forearm section, following the helmet language, see below. I will be adding this section to each armor piece in a moment.

Ā 

• "ARMOR PART" is moderately weathered.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Weathering will match style seen in reference photos.
    • Heavier weathering is present around "ARMOR FEATURE"

Ā 

@nanotek I do believe, we are caught up and ready for you to look at the next section, Hand Plates. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

@FivezeroĀ thanks!

@nanotekĀ just did some updates to the CRL wiki, which ultimately will be reviewed by the LMO, to take over from what I currently did. I know that we are going to cross reference what we have pushed to the wiki and then update the first page of this thread. We are close!

• Like 2

Hey guys

Just went over this again with a fine tooth comb and have made some general changes to simplify where possible. For example instead of stating colour and weathering as separate line items, I have now integrated them together. I feel like this reads better "... is white with moderate weathering..."

Also seeing as the Abdomen and Cod are one item, I named them Abdomen & Cod which then led to the change for the Kidney & Posterior. This reduced the amount or repetition and also kept the flow similar to Ab and Cod.

With the Jetpack I might suggest some wording changes:

**There is a beveled and raised center section that is white in color which starts from the bottom whiteĀ band of the main fuel tank to half way between the upper two bands. This center section has two recessed rectangular sections.

to

**On the main tank there is a rectangular box aligned to the center of the tank that is white & moderately weathered. The box starts at the bottom band on the main tank and finishes approximately half way between the upper two bands. The top and bottom of the box is bevelled, with top edge appearing curved as shown. There are two recessed rectangular sections on the outer panel of the box.

@IcyTrooper

• Like 1

Thanks @nanotek! I'm currently getting ready for a show this weekend, but I should have some time to give it all a final look tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Real quick though, I do think we should keep the Kidney and Posterior separate from each other. This is how our other TK-based CRLs are constructed (I used the Shadow Stormtrooper CRL text as a base). And we have this line in the L2 requirements, so my vote is to keep them separate.

"The kidney and posterior armor shall be two separate pieces. (ANH style)."

I went and looked at my CRL pics, it looks these two pieces were assembled when I took the pictures. I can split them and retake photos if it would be easier than editing the original photo.

Ā 

Similarly, I think we should keep the Abdomen/Cod to just "Abdomen." It's the way our other CRLs are written. I only called out the cod specifically to highlight that it is not a standard TK sculpt. Overall though,Ā  I'm not too concerned with this piece.

Ā 

At a quick glance, it all looks good to me though! Like I said, I'll give it a good thorough read tomorrow and post any other thoughts if I have them! :teehee:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fivezero said:

Just went through it, made a couple small adjustments here and there. I think we're good unless you find something @IcyTrooper!

What did you change? I have to go back into the wiki to make the adjustments there as well, unless it wasn't on stuff that was already green?

• Like 1

Ty, it was noticed that this ammo pouch on the shin armor had a very long piece out of the back that we can't place on reference/game images. Not sure if it came undone?

See below:

1055930943_Screenshot_20221004-0015542.thumb.png.f0dfe681f84a0668fd80e2bcb9c8da24.png

• Thanks 1

Hey, yeah Mark sent me a message about this yesterday.

This is 100% intentional. It is a quirk of these TFU troopers (the TFU Shadow has the same quirk on the thigh belt). Both endsĀ  of the ammo belt do float, with the inner end being longer. It is very obvious when looking at the model, but can be hard to see looking at pictures. I've got some better pictures below, with a few highlighted as well.

Now with that said, my armor looks a little exaggerated for a couple reasons. My particular shin armor is fairly flat in the rear vs. the in-game shin armor being more rounded. Originally I had the end wrapped around closer, but it was putting too much force on the shin and making it way too hard to put the armor on. So I flattened it out a bit to help (still not easy to put on).

ga1AQW6.png

VMQ31c8.jpg

UIkNnlO.png

RsVMZ6U.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome great to hear! :teehee: Been too long, feels good to get another one knocked off the list. Thank you to everyone for the help and work to get this CRL through!

• Like 1