Sergeant Kreel WIP. Comic Star Wars (2015) Issue #59&60

Shoulder bell cover

Ok, my first try with the shoulder bell cover. I drew this pattern, I think it is not bad, but maybe it could be better. What do you think?

spacer.png   spacer.png  spacer.png 

I'm not 100% happy how it looks in the back. But I made the pattern symmetrical.  So I don't know what I could do to make me like it 100% lol

spacer.png

03/05/2021

V2

spacer.png

______

03/11/2021

spacer.png  spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

04-05-2021

spacer.png

Build looks great so far!  Overall, this is kinda what I'm seeing on that shoulder piece, just a quick sketch below.  I think you're fine as is, but if you wanted to cut another pattern out, might try this and see how it looks. :duim:

5PecRiV.jpg

• Thanks 1

I agree w @Fivezero. the bell angle doesnt look as “steep”. also i think u can extend it a tad over the shoulder strap but with a curve out if that makes sense

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RAIDER said:

...also i think u can extend it a tad over the shoulder strap but with a curve out if that makes sense

Most references show that it is not on the shoulder strap, maybe yes, it is the effect of the curve in this reference that I used for comparison. 

I can make a slight curve, but, I am concerned about mobility if I do it like that.

As soon as I have the new versions, I post the results.  Again, thanks for the feedback, it is very helpful.

• Like 1

As you all can see, Michael has an incredible eye for detail and is very good at modding the armor to fit his project. (I am proud to tell you all that this guy is my Garrison GML)

Thank you @crazas for those words and trust me.

Continuing with the work, I made tests of the pattern on a 5mm thick foam. I shaped it with a heat gun (my wife's hair dryer lol)

It is flexible and holds its shape very well.  The plan is to cover it with orange faux leather, I hope to find the right shade. Inside or below, I will cover it with a soft black cloth. (gamuza, I don't know what it's called in English lol)   and wait for final results.

spacer.png   spacer.png  spacer.png

Additionally, I did tests to attach the piece to the shoulder armor with magnets. I had planned to wear snaps, but, these magnets are very strong and testing, mobility is excellent. The shoulder cover stays in place.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Updated the shoulder bell cover section.

I covered the foam design with a piece of orange faux leather. The only shade of orange I found. (I live in a not so big town, I didn't have many options) I wanted a slightly darker color, but I think it works. In the photos of it is clearer than in reality. 

Imperial cog I added it digitally to calculate the size. I'm going to order a vinyl sticker for this.

The magnets are already installed, I think it has worked very well. I must admit that I am not 100% happy with the finish, I want the edges to be smoother, later I will probably build another one.

But for now it works, what do you think?

spacer.png

• Like 3

It looks good to me! I took a look through the photos I have and I see the color as being anywhere from orange to a redder orange to a light red. So I think you'll be alright there. But I agree with you, a darker orange might be better. Color is always a tricky thing to get right, but I think it looks great. :duim:

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Updating a bit.

I ordered a Ben Kenobi lightsaber, 3D printed, I will use it as a base to recreate Kreel's saber.

I started with the ammo pouches, I am using black faux leather. The design shown by the references is very simple. But, it is a bit tricky to calculate the size and position, especially the ones on the left.  Drawing versus reality. The holster and shoulder armor are on top of their respective pouches and there may be problems when wearing them. But we'll see that later.

I started with the ammo pouch on the left thigh. The medium.

spacer.png  spacer.png  spacer.png

I should add an "accessory" in the center, a button or something like that.

• Like 1
On 3/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, darthRivera said:

Updating a bit.

I ordered a Ben Kenobi lightsaber, 3D printed, I will use it as a base to recreate Kreel's saber.

I started with the ammo pouches, I am using black faux leather. The design shown by the references is very simple. But, it is a bit tricky to calculate the size and position, especially the ones on the left.  Drawing versus reality. The holster and shoulder armor are on top of their respective pouches and there may be problems when wearing them. But we'll see that later.

I started with the ammo pouch on the left thigh. The medium.

spacer.png  spacer.png  spacer.png

I should add an "accessory" in the center, a button or something like that.

I found another type of faux leather, a little thicker and more "hard", I don't know the correct word. I am going to make another ammo pouch but with this material to compare.

I used it for the left hand communicator (Waiting for the led material to replace the "screen".) straps and I liked the finish.

spacer.png      spacer.png

• Like 2

Another little update.

I already ordered the boots, from Imperialboots. The lightsaber is coming soon, I already want to start working on it. lol

I finished the ammo pouches. They are not perfect, but I think they work. In a while I hope to have them made in real leather. A professional job.

spacer.png 

It is not very clear what accessory they have, but I used this as a reference for everyone.

spacer.png

The biggest ammo pouch of all had this detail.

spacer.png  spacer.png

While I wait for the lightsaber, I start with the installation of these little friends.

spacer.png   spacer.png

Greetings to all. Soon more updates, I'm about to finish the work, I want to see everything together.

spacer.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Are you using anything underneath the straps to keep them from sliding up and down the arm/leg?

Industrial Strength Velcro on the sides and in the center of the strap, luckily they are not noticeable, that had me worried.

For example, on the thigh, in the middle of the strap, there is a velcro square in the indicated part of the image and it is very little visible

spacer.png

On the left arm and left bicep, only on the sides it has velcro. 

• Like 2

Hello all.

Today I took the measurements to place the largest pouch on the belt,

So I took the opportunity to test the position of the thighs with the torso, and the left pouch, which I was worried about hitting the holster. But, everything seems fine.

spacer.png  spacer.png

I did the comparison with my old TK, built by the guys at RS PropMaster who are experts. And I think my Kreel build is similar, not bad. ?

spacer.png

• Like 1