Finalizing CRL Proposal - SCAR Squadron - Task Force 99: Sergeant Kreel (#59/60)

Here is what I'm posting for the Kidney Armor and Posterior Armor on the 1st page:

Kidney Armor

• The kidney armor is separate from the posterior armor (ANH style) and lines up with the abdomen armor.
  • The top of the kidney armor is flush to or under the back armor.

Posterior Armor

• The posterior armor is separate from the kidney armor (ANH style).

• Like 1

Not sure why I said legs…we still need belt, TD, and holster first.

For belt…highlighted some elements to make sure we are good on wording or to make sure we are good on keeping them (particularly the Level 2 reqs).  Removed the one L2 req regarding belt placement in relation to ab buttons ('cause none exist).

TD…just a few highlights of things to examine or clarify.

Holster…likewise just a couple minor details highlighted for verification.

@darthRivera if you're able to post some references here to support lines, that'd be great.

Belt

• The ammo belt shall be made of similar material and color matching the overall armor. It is comprised of 6 rectangular boxes, with three square buttons, one centered in the middle and on each end of the belt.
  • The soft belt proper is made of white canvas, or material with a canvas covering and must be 3” to 3.5” (75-90mm) wide.
  • The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the plastic belt face via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.
  • The belt closes by overlapping in the rear center of the kidney/posterior armor where the thermal detonator is attached.
  • There are two square metal rings that hold the large pouch on the right side.
  • There is a lightsaber holder/hook on the right side of the left drop box.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The corners of the black plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the canvas belt.
  • The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.
  • Drop boxes must be attached using white elastic and must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed.
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

belt1.PNGbelt2.PNGbelt3.PNGbelt4.PNGbelt5.PNGbelt6.PNGbelt7.PNGbelt8.PNGbelt9.PNGbelt10.PNG

Thermal Detonator

• (A.K.A O2 canister) is attached to the center back of the belt.
  • Detonator consists of a gray cylinder with 2” to 2.68” (50-68mm) in diameter with white end caps on each end and a white control panel pad. The white control panel pad faces upwards, with the controls/round washer-style detail closest to the right end cap.
  • The total length is approximately 7.5” (190.5mm).
  • No silver stickers or silver paint is allowed.
  • The detonator is attached to the white canvas belt with 1” (25mm) silver metal or metallic-appearing clips. 

• Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws, and painted black (two per clip). V-head screws are not permitted.
  • Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.
  • Belt clips shall be made of metal and must be silver.

TD1.PNGTD2.PNGTD3.PNGTD4.PNGTD5.PNG

Holster

• It is made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • It is worn on the left side of the canvas belt and is attached via two or four leather or leather-like material straps to the canvas belt from behind. Affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom, one on each side, painted in white.
  • Fasteners may be rivets, snaps or Chicago screws. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The Holster is affixed with four fasteners, two of each side, painted in white.

holster1.PNGholster2.PNGholster3.PNGholster4.PNGholster5.PNGholster6.PNGholster7.PNG

• Like 1

Haha no worries! I was wondering about that but didn't want to stifle any progression. I added a "Drop Pouch" into the mix on the first page so that we can identify that with the square clips we talk about on the belt. I was going to try and snip a few photos for this for references but can't do that on this Chromebook.

With the belt below I added "silver" so that we didn't get anything that didn't match the comic reference.

Belt

• The ammo belt shall be made of similar material and color matching the overall armor. It is comprised of 6 rectangular boxes, with three square buttons, one centered in the middle and on each end of the belt.
  • The soft belt proper is made of white canvas, or material with a canvas covering and must be 3” to 3.5” (75-90mm) wide.
  • The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the plastic belt face via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.
  • The belt closes by overlapping in the rear center of the kidney/posterior armor where the thermal detonator is attached.
  • There are two square silver metal rings that hold the large pouch on the right side.
  • There is a silver lightsaber holder/hook on the right side of the left drop box.

• The corners of the black plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the canvas belt.
  • Drop boxes must be attached using white elastic and must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed.
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm personally good with the TD text!

Thermal Detonator

• (A.K.A O2 canister) is attached to the center back of the belt.
  • Detonator consists of a gray cylinder with 2” to 2.68” (50-68mm) in diameter with white end caps on each end and a white control panel pad. The white control panel pad faces upwards, with the controls/round washer-style detail closest to the right end cap.
  • The total length is approximately 7.5” (190.5mm).
  • No silver stickers or silver paint is allowed.
  • The detonator is attached to the white canvas belt with 1” (25mm) silver metal or metallic-appearing clips. 

• Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws, and painted black (two per clip). V-head screws are not permitted.
  • Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.
  • Belt clips shall be made of metal and must be silver.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I did have a question about the "two or four' leather part. Is that to double layer the strapping? I was thinking of pulling some of this from the ANH Hero TK. It appears that it is similar to that TK in this photo:

5173b552c8c37f871a02d55f7ca0d51c.jpg

I did make an update to the L2 text to be similar to that of the ANH Hero TK.

Holster

• It is worn on the left side of the canvas belt and is attached via two or four leather or leather-like material straps to the canvas belt from behind. Affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom, one on each side, painted in white.

• The Holster is affixed with four fasteners, two on the top, two on the bottom (two per strap), painted in white.

Got ya! So here is what I have now then for the Holster:

What I did was allow for 4 or 2 fasteners for L1 and may be painted white. That allows us to make the 4 fasteners and white required for L2.

Holster

• It is worn on the left side of the canvas belt and is attached via two leather or leather-like material straps to the canvas belt from behind. Affixed with either two fasteners at the bottom (one on each side), or four fasteners (two on the top, two on the bottom equaling two per strap) and may painted in white.

• The Holster is affixed with four fasteners, two on the top, two on the bottom (two per strap), painted in white.
  • Like 1

Looks good.  Just fix “may BE painted in white”

I prob wont have time till tomorrow to post legs but feel free to post if ud like.  Id say split the thigh pouch out separately like we did the other accessories.

• Like 1

I know we will check the text when it publishes but a couple things…

hand plates are marked as black. should be white

id say list the pauldron as simply that since the description lists the color

• Like 2

Now for the leg portions and we are close to finished!

For thigh armor I highlighted a couple things to verify against references.

Thigh pouches I have as one entry unless you think we should split into 2 separate.  I highlighted where I added elastic as an option for the left thigh strap. For the right thigh, I highlighted one little word that I just need verified…there is just one strap looping behind the pouch and connecting to the belt metal rings @darthRivera?  I'm also wondering if we need to be any bit more descriptive of the pouches shape, if they have flaps or not, approx. measures, etc..  What do you all think?

I didn't notice anything of question on the shins or boots, but verify just to be sure we didn't miss anything from references.

Thigh Armor

• The thigh armor may open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed.
  • The small ammo belt is installed on the bottom of the right thigh.
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt shall be rounded off.
  • Overlap construction is only allowable for kits that come with the cover strip molded into the part.
  • Cover strips must end at the top of lower ridge in front and back.
  • If the two parts of the thigh armor cannot fit the user, cover strip should not be too wide. Instead, shims can be used to close the back of the thigh armor. Shims shall have a similar material and color to the whole armor, should be flush without seams. 

• The thigh ammo belt must be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
  • Rivet diameter should be approximately 5/16” (8mm).
  • The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. Standard pop rivets are not allowed.
  • Must be constructed using the butt joint cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

thigharmor1.PNGthigharmor2.PNGthigharmor3.PNGthigharmor4.PNGthigharmor5.PNGthigharmor6.PNGthigharmor7.PNGthigharmor8.PNGthigharmor9.PNGthigharmor10.PNGthigharmor11.PNGthigharmor12.PNGthigharmor13.PNGthigharmor14.PNG

Thigh Pouches

• There is a medium pouch on the left thigh held by two straps.
    • The pouch is black in color and made of leather or leather-like material.
    • Pouch is proportional to the size of the wearer and must match dreferences.
    • The strap is approximately 2" (50mm) wide. Black in color made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material.
  • On the right thigh is a large pouch, held by strap. The straps are fastened to the belt with square metal rings.
    • Pouch is proportional to the size of the wearer and must match references.
    • The strap is approximately 1.5" (40mm) wide. Black in color made of leather, or leather-like material.

thighpouch1.PNGthighpouch2.PNGthighpouch3.PNGthighpouch4.PNGthighpouch5.PNGthighpouch6.PNGthighpouch7.PNGthighpouch8.PNGthighpouch9.PNGthighpouch10.PNGthighpouch11.PNGthighpouch12.PNG

Lower Leg Armor

• The shin armor is able to open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed. The trapezoid knee plate is affixed to the top of the left shin.
  • Overlap construction is only allowable for kits that come with the cover strip molded into the part. 

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
  • The sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.
  • Shins are constructed using the butt joint cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

lowerleg1.PNGlowerleg2.PNGlowerleg3.PNGlowerleg4.PNGlowerleg5.PNGlowerleg6.PNGlowerleg7.PNGlowerleg8.PNGlowerleg9.PNGlowerleg10.PNGlowerleg11.PNG

Boots

• Boots are above ankle height and made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • Small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle.
  • Flat sole with a short heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
  • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

• There is no seam present on the front of the boot.

boots1.PNGboots2.PNGboots3.PNGboots4.PNGboots5.PNGboots6.PNGboots7.PNGboots8.PNGboots9.PNGboots10.PNG

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RAIDER said:

For the right thigh, I highlighted one little word that I just need verified…there is just one strap looping behind the pouch and connecting to the belt metal rings @darthRivera?

That strap on the right thigh only appears once.  the rest of the images are missing.

About the size of the pouches, there is no consistency in the pictures, they have different size.  But, I used as a guide the size armor thigh vs pouche as a ratio

20210826_072145.jpg

• Like 1

@darthRivera Alright

So lets clarify this n give me your thoughts…the strap from what we can see loops behind the pouch.  Yes?  I dont see any visible loops on the side of the pouch.

Pouches…Id like some approx measures so we dont get a crazy array of pouch sizes and stay in a certain “pocket”.  Can you provide some as guidelines?  Are these similar to pouches we see on Sandtroopers for example (like Cav has what looks to be a modified medium Spanish pouch)?

10 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

the strap from what we can see loops behind the pouch.  Yes?

In my opinion, yes.

12 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Are these similar to pouches we see on Sandtroopers for example (like Cav has what looks to be a modified medium Spanish pouch)?

I build mine using those pouches as a reference. With some adjustments.  in thickness and shape.

When I get back from work I can give you the measurements of mine so you have an idea.

I went ahead and added focused images to each of the posts where we had the text so that we can have the reference images right there instead of the entire pic.

Here is what I have

• Thigh Armor - Although I wish they would draw the ammo pouch on the right thigh further down, it almost looks higher up on the thigh, which we could consider L2. It looks like a video game thigh armor piece (see the TK Commander L2, etc.)
  • Lower Leg Armor - Good
  • Boots - Good

For the L2 text on the Thigh Armor we may want to consider:

• The thigh ammo belt shall be positioned on top of the lower ridge (not like ANH).

I have to spend a little more time looking at the thigh pouches text and reference images.

15 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I went ahead and added focused images to each of the posts where we had the text so that we can have the reference images right there instead of the entire pic.

Here is what I have

• Thigh Armor - Although I wish they would draw the ammo pouch on the right thigh further down, it almost looks higher up on the thigh, which we could consider L2. It looks like a video game thigh armor piece (see the TK Commander L2, etc.)
  • Lower Leg Armor - Good
  • Boots - Good

For the L2 text on the Thigh Armor we may want to consider:

• The thigh ammo belt shall be positioned on top of the lower ridge (not like ANH).

I have to spend a little more time looking at the thigh pouches text and reference images.

Im not familiar w the TK Commander thigh…but would these indicate ANH? visible top ridge

image.png.0885f4a0132c843f21e80fa36a420095.png

image.png.47051975794db962b4b6ca8b3a0b868f.png

Though of course theres this shot showing it higher up tho the bottom corner does look rounded…also no rivets.

image.png.6537895055a809ccd3d02c235ec7b0c5.png

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Just pinging a follow up @darthRivera on pouches and @IcyTrooper on those thigh/ammo observations.  holler!

Sorry, just got back from vacation! Work has been pretty steady again but I did look at the thigh pouches for both the left and right side.

I believe that the left side pouch text is good as it has the two straps holding it on. With the right side dangling strap I'd say remove or keep away any reference to a thigh strap and instead focus on the bag just hanging like scouts do but with the straps. I do agree that we should have some general measurements on there for proportions.

The text would be as follows:

• Pouch is proportional to the size of the wearer and must match references.
    • The strap is approximately 2" (50mm) wide. Black in color made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material.
  • On the right thigh is a large pouch, held by two straps. The straps are fastened to the belt with square metal rings.
    • Pouch is proportional to the size of the wearer and must match references.
    • The strap is approximately 1.5" (40mm) wide. Black in color made of leather, or leather-like material.

-------------------------------------------------

Circling back to the lower thigh ammo pack, I'm noticing the discrepancies between the various panels. I'd like to rescind my request about the TK Commander where it sits higher as there isn't enough reference to warrant such for any level, especially L2. Therefore the text would match that of the regular TK and TX.

• Like 1

To muddy the waters further lol...

IMG_2929.JPG

Higher up…rivet, squared bottom corners.

IMG_2930.JPG

Here looks lower…no rivet.

And here it's hard to tell, but I'd say high again.

IMG_2944.JPG

So all that to say…it looks like 50/50 on it being higher or lower…50/50 on the rivet…and 50/50 on the bottom corners of the ammo pouch.

Not sure if there's a way to ok both or if that makes it too confusing.

• Like 1

Haha of course, I'd say we just keep it simple with the regular TK for it. Too much variance with that otherwise, and we'd run into the same thing with the boots without having the "U-elastic" on some panels, etc.

6 hours ago, RAIDER said:

darthRivera on pouches

Here are the measurements, sorry for the delay.

Left bicep:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Left thigh:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Belt / right thigh:

spacer.png  spacer.png spacer.png

About the pouch of the bicep, I think it should be a little bigger, BUT the distance between the shoulder armor and armor bicep (the rest of the bicep, because it's on top.) makes them a bit more difficult to have consistent size references.

• Thanks 1

Here is the new Thigh Pouches text:

Thigh Pouches

• Pouch has the approximate dimensions 5.5" x 4" x 1.75" (140mm x 101.6mm x 44.5mm) and must match references.
    • The strap is approximately 2" (50mm) wide. Black in color made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material.
  • On the right thigh is a large pouch, held by two straps. The straps are fastened to the belt with square metal rings.
    • Pouch approximate dimensions 7" x 5.5" x 1.75" (178mm x 140mm x 44.5mm) and must match references.

--------------------------

After adding the dimensions for the pouches we should go back and update the bicep pouch text to also include this:

Bicep Pouch

• There is a small pouch on the left bicep held by a strap around the bicep.
  • The pouch is black in color and can be made of leather or leather-like material.
  • Pouch has the approximate dimensions 3" x 3" x 1.75" (76mm x 76mm x 44.5mm) and must match references.
    • Pouch closure is trapezoidal in shape.
    • Pouch closure has a snap that is black in color.
  • The strap is black in color and made of elastic, leather, leather-like material.
  • The strap is approximately 1.5" (40mm) wide.
  • Like 1

sounds good to me!

once thighs are posted i will get the lightsaber and blaster prepped tomorrow and the text should be wrapped up

then we will need model pictures of everything to make sure the build matches the standards (and determine if adjustments to the build are needed) @darthRivera

i will let @IcyTrooper determine how he wants to coordinate that with you

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

sounds good to me!

once thighs are posted i will get the lightsaber and blaster prepped tomorrow and the text should be wrapped up

then we will need model pictures of everything to make sure the build matches the standards (and determine if adjustments to the build are needed) @darthRivera

Sounds good. Thanks 

5 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

sounds good to me!

I have added the finalized text for the Thigh Pouches and updated the text for the Bicep Pouch!

I will also get a Google Drive folder started for the pictures and PM that out. I'll try and get that setup tomorrow.

• Like 1

The final bits...

Lightsaber...not sure exactly how we should rock this.  Not a common thing I've ever dealt with...if I remember right, it was discussed earlier to put this in the mandatory reqs.  I get it...but w/ the line about local laws...I think it just sounds better to leave that out and move it to optional.

Is there anything else we can type up about the lightsaber description?  Again, I have no idea how typical sabers from SLD or TFE are written.

E-11...standard issue unless anything special was noticed in panels.  For this (and any other weapon)...being optional...I'm ok including whatever weapons any version uses like most of our other CRLs.

Lightsaber

• The lightsaber is accurate to what is shown in the illustrations within "Star Wars by Marvel Comics (2018) - Issue #59.
  • The lightsaber is only included as long as it's in compliance with the applicant’s local laws.

E-11 Blaster (Optional)

• Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the E-11 is standard-issue for many Imperial troops. Light, compact yet powerful, the E-11 blaster is always in high demand throughout the galaxy.
  • Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

• Folding stock.
  • Stock does not need to function.
  • A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - should be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Correct style scope.
  • Two power cylinders on the magazine.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters should have a total of 6 t-racks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the Hengstler side un-covered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.
  • This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.
  • Thanks 1