Imperial Flametrooper (Jedi Fallen Order)

Hi there !
Well, not much to show unfortunately but I did do something today ! haha :)

I prepared the belts. My dyied ones were not good in color so I ordered some new ones that fit perfectly the original color scheme.
IMG_20210717_175812.thumb.jpg.46e957d8efa58b4aeff8a451afc9d81a.jpg

Next step will probably be the shoulder straps ^^

Cheers ! 

• Like 1

Today's small progress : painting greeblies :)
IMG_20210719_155503.thumb.jpg.1176944150910c47a48984bc8cf4af35.jpg

After that I realized that the T greeble is supposed to be off white for the flametrooper so I'm gonna give this look by sanding and weather it. Should look cool ;)

So as you guessed, no shoulder straps for now haha, but it will come soon ^^

edit : Duster and pouches received and they are great :) 

- Steve

• Like 1

Hey there :)

Huge improvement today

- all holes done
- side D rings posed
- center belt greeble posed
- pouches placed (I'll moved them for the future dying process)
- croch piece straped 
- knee pads strapped
- shoulder straps done and mounted
- all straps for the backpack are ready
- chest piece is started

IMG_20210725_173239.thumb.jpg.da462a905c5963dff20f1d7b7d8adb7a.jpg

- Steve

• Like 4

Hi guys ! 
Well, I tryied again to source the boots that are covered with the gaiters but could'nt find something really relevant.
If anyone as any idea for something, at least validable, I'll be really happy to look at it ;)

Also, I received the flamethrower's hoses, my friend as strated printing the backpack main part and my pants are on their way :)

"almost there...." as some rebel scum once said ?

• Like 1

I think they could work.  The only difference I see, once a covering is put on, is the sole in the front…has some cuts while the reference looks smooth.

12 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

You're right but I guess there is no model to match the references :(

I'd need to go for the closest or to custom ones ?

to me they work.  worst case, can make that sole a Level 2 req like the shadow scout boot cuts.

• Like 3

Today's update

- Dye color received for the pouches
- Pants received, a bit tight fit but I guess I can modify them as the button will not be visible in the end ? 
- White spray cans ordered to paint the helmet and backpack
- Molotow chrome marker ordered to paint the aerators of the helmet.

Things to do : 
- Paint and mount the helmet
- Wait for the 3 other parts of the backpack to mount and paint it
- Glue and paint the flamethrower
- Find the material and make the gaiters 

• Like 2

Okay big question here.
I tryied to put the vinyl "skirt" on the mouth of my helmet. But the amount of details and recessed areas makes it really impossible to get it clean. 

Any idea on how to mount it, please ? I imagined gluing it on the bottom (but it is a really short area), then add some filler and spray paint the whole thing in white. 
What do you think ? 

Also, I need to get rid of the glue I put on the helmet not. Hot glue on a PLA helmet is not my best idea to date ? 

7 minutes ago, stevechewbacca said:

Okay big question here.
I tryied to put the vinyl "skirt" on the mouth of my helmet. But the amount of details and recessed areas makes it really impossible to get it clean. 

Any idea on how to mount it, please ? I imagined gluing it on the bottom (but it is a really short area), then add some filler and spray paint the whole thing in white. 
What do you think ? 

Also, I need to get rid of the glue I put on the helmet not. Hot glue on a PLA helmet is not my best idea to date ? 

have a pic of what we are looking at?

Oh yes sorry ^^
canva.thumb.png.3e66905941b7c343b09a61c0a3242922.png

I'm starting to think that I'll need to re print the mouth part ?

IMG_20210806_155622.thumb.jpg.a462ba06776b064971c9cef181284f44.jpg

Also, on the in game shots, the material seems to be the same as the pants. It could be easier for me to go for that than the vinyl/faux leather I used today. What do you think ?

To be honest with you I think the overall approach is correct but the mouth piece looks wrong. You have quite an extended ledge there which I am having a hard time trying to put into the context of the original game model. 

As for retaining features when applying a material over top, you will need to calculate the thickness of the material into the depth of the features in your model. I.e material thickness =1mm  add 2-3mm depth to the feature on the model

If you plan on using leather, it’s a simple and time consuming task of molding the leather to the surface before gluing

If you’re using a faux material or some kind of plastic. You will need to ensure it is malleable enough to be glued and shaped to the surface

I would say that depending on the material you go for and it’s thickness will determine the depth of the features you will mold to. 

8 hours ago, nanotek said:

To be honest with you I think the overall approach is correct but the mouth piece looks wrong. You have quite an extended ledge there which I am having a hard time trying to put into the context of the original game model. 

As for retaining features when applying a material over top, you will need to calculate the thickness of the material into the depth of the features in your model. I.e material thickness =1mm  add 2-3mm depth to the feature on the model

If you plan on using leather, it’s a simple and time consuming task of molding the leather to the surface before gluing

If you’re using a faux material or some kind of plastic. You will need to ensure it is malleable enough to be glued and shaped to the surface

I would say that depending on the material you go for and it’s thickness will determine the depth of the features you will mold to. 

Hi ! Thank you for your answer :)

Which extended edge do you talk about please ? 

Considering your point, may be i'll model this part again ? ^^

Today's update

We did an armor party with 2 friends and I

- glued all my flamethrower together and sand it.
- got the 2nd quarter of my backpack.
- started painting my helmet. But I just realized now that it have an horizontal line in half the dome that is bigger than the rest. Seems like a seam line between 2 printed pieces :( 
So, I'll have to sand this part again and start the paingin process again. 

See ya !

Cheers !

- Steve

• Like 1