Imperial Flametrooper (Jedi Fallen Order)

11 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

It almost looks like you'd want to glue/heat and press that upper part into a 3D printed part or whatever plastic you are usually for the details. It is hard to see where the face covering starts and the plastic part starts with that piece. Either way, we'll have to see the detail for the CRL.

It is exactly what I'm doing :) 
But I obviously didn't cut the canva the right way :(

This part is very difficult to figure out

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys !

I'm back from my vacations and I wanted to try the new color and fitting of the face skirt.

Sorry for the blury image. Also, the helmet seems a bit too up but it is because i tried some thick foam in it which definitely won't be in the final version haha :p

IMG_20210925_175821.jpg

• Like 3
On 9/29/2021 at 4:11 AM, stevechewbacca said:

Hey guys !

I'm back from my vacations and I wanted to try the new color and fitting of the face skirt.

Sorry for the blury image. Also, the helmet seems a bit too up but it is because i tried some thick foam in it which definitely won't be in the final version haha ?

IMG_20210925_175821.jpg

The colour looks great, too blurry to see the details just under the nose bridge part

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there !
Long time without posting. Been busy with "real" life haha ^^" 
But here is the progress of today as I received my custom gloves from a Slovenian leather handcrafter.
They are reaaaally comfortable and trooping with them is gona be easy. I'm really happy.

Original piece with cut lines to fit my (tiny) hands. 
IMG_20211014_201648.thumb.jpg.9bce95de3a645c91bb496b442fb2ba75.jpg

Ok, obviously I have really tiny hands ooooor the maker made his kit to fit a wookie or something :D
IMG_20211014_201913.thumb.jpg.517fc9ba56fcaaf998dcc4e214f1df5e.jpg

And voilà ! 
IMG_20211014_202727.thumb.jpg.15224e35446ae6228795ae916330b474.jpg

I tried them with the forearms armor and it looks cool. 
Can't wait to show you more ;)

See ya !

Steve 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

Here is my little progress (I'm slow now as we are in the process of moving from a rented appartment to our own house with my gf).
Anyway, I manages to dye a bit the pouches which were way too white ^^", I glued the hand plates and the com. I also weathered a little bit the canva part of the helmet to get a better look at the details. 

Of course the weathering will be constant all over the costume when I finish it ;)

IMG_20211024_131136.thumb.jpg.b3354a7a63b7f5ac87725ed56f34ee8c.jpg

IMG_20211024_115537.thumb.jpg.4a961b7e79fb992295817d16ade05388.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@IcyTrooper considering the steps on the CRL, do you think I can build my suit in the same kind of material as the helmet skirt ? 
It is more off white than light grey but with a bit of dyiing and/or grey weathering, I think it should match. Also, I dyed the pouches into a beige/off white color is it ok or as above, should i change it a bit ?

Now the project is on stand by for a few weeks as I'm moving into my new house during December. So all the kit is being packed up today ?  

13 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

@IcyTrooper considering the steps on the CRL, do you think I can build my suit in the same kind of material as the helmet skirt ? 
It is more off white than light grey but with a bit of dyiing and/or grey weathering, I think it should match. Also, I dyed the pouches into a beige/off white color is it ok or as above, should i change it a bit ?

Now the project is on stand by for a few weeks as I'm moving into my new house during December. So all the kit is being packed up today ?  

I'd say off-white is fine for the pouches, that seems like it would be good when referencing the reference images.

As far as the suit and helmet skirt. I don't think they'd be the same material based on the pictures I'm seeing. There is enough of a sheen between the helmet skirt and the jumpsuit that appears to be two different materials. That is probably one of the features that is similar to that of the snowtrooper.

Congrats on the move!! :duim:

18 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'd say off-white is fine for the pouches, that seems like it would be good when referencing the reference images.

As far as the suit and helmet skirt. I don't think they'd be the same material based on the pictures I'm seeing. There is enough of a sheen between the helmet skirt and the jumpsuit that appears to be two different materials. That is probably one of the features that is similar to that of the snowtrooper.

Congrats on the move!! :duim:

Thanks for the reply :) 
I'm glad I don't have to work on these parts again ? 

Thanks ! The next weeks are going to be a real adventure ^^ I cannot wait

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys ! 
Long time without posting here but I'm struggling with the gloves :(
Here is the latest I found but I'm not sure it will be ok.
IMG_20220218_181755.thumb.jpg.8f193e1ce5da26ec55a050016c6564ea.jpg

Also, still trying to find some not too expensive forearms. 
As soon as I can get back to sanding the printed parts I'll also try to find some material to make (or order) the suite and then sell my unusable duster ^^

Edit : I just found these nomex gloves. Would they be acceptable ? Seems more comfortable than the welding ones ^^"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144097393944?hash=item218cdfbd18:g:xh8AAOSwhaFg3hq8&var=443399368077
But they lack a seam line (which I can add I guess)

Edited by stevechewbacca

Hello again @stevechewbacca!

So here are my thoughts since L1 (to me) should be about accurate look to all extents possible while considering locales and supply for parts, etc. that we can perhaps look at allowing some flexibility for the gloves while pushing super detailed seams and such to the L2 requirements. @nanotek what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

Hey there, sorry it's taken so long to respond! It looks like you had a set of gloves and then decided not to use them? I would be keen to understand some of the issues you're having in a little more detail. They kinda looked like you were on the right track?

While I agree that some things can be pushed into L2, it will depend on the type of seam and how visible it is. 

For example, looking at the gloves from this angle I can see the seam very clearly (even though the pic is low res)

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 7.59.41 am.png

It is my opinion if it can be seen, we need to replicate.

I started to have a Google to see what is out there but I run out of time and need to get to work. I did find some cheap close matches, and will get back to you in the next 24hours

For a seam like that, along the gaunt part, you could split the glove and restitch it, then reinforce it on the inside to keep it from coming apart. 

Maybe it was another topic but I though we had already discussed the content of the glove, and came to the conclusion that it was nubbly like Nomex, which is what the German flight gloves are. 

• Thanks 3

I have a set of hoth speeder pilot gloves from PilotBay in Sunrider Base area.  Shannon made my gloves special, and they sure look like these, but all leather.  It would be worth reaching out to her, show her the glove reference, and see if she can make them.  Im super happy with my gloves, and I didnt have to wait for a wave to order them, even though she doesnt show gloves in the posts anymore. 

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

For a seam like that, along the gaunt part, you could split the glove and restitch it, then reinforce it on the inside to keep it from coming apart. 

Maybe it was another topic but I though we had already discussed the content of the glove, and came to the conclusion that it was nubbly like Nomex, which is what the German flight gloves are. 

I tried to cut and restitch but it went really wrong xD 

Yep we talked on the CRL topic about nomex gloves but what i found on the web is different from the german flight gloves. I'll definitely look more in this direction, thanks :)

8 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

I have a set of hoth speeder pilot gloves from PilotBay in Sunrider Base area.  Shannon made my gloves special, and they sure look like these, but all leather.  It would be worth reaching out to her, show her the glove reference, and see if she can make them.  Im super happy with my gloves, and I didnt have to wait for a wave to order them, even though she doesnt show gloves in the posts anymore. 

Interesting thank you ! :)

9 hours ago, nanotek said:

Hey there, sorry it's taken so long to respond! It looks like you had a set of gloves and then decided not to use them? I would be keen to understand some of the issues you're having in a little more detail. They kinda looked like you were on the right track?

While I agree that some things can be pushed into L2, it will depend on the type of seam and how visible it is. 

For example, looking at the gloves from this angle I can see the seam very clearly (even though the pic is low res)

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 7.59.41 am.png

It is my opinion if it can be seen, we need to replicate.

I started to have a Google to see what is out there but I run out of time and need to get to work. I did find some cheap close matches, and will get back to you in the next 24hours

I agree, if it is seen, we have to be as close as possible. The seams on my latest glove is definitely wrong. 

I'm curious about what you found ^^"

I managed to adjust the brightness of one of the source images to see the inside of the glove to help determine the correct glove. Good new is there's no padding or complex seams sewn into the inside!

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 12.18.57 pm.png

From what I can tell the glove is four pieces sewn together, 2 for the glove and 2 for the gauntlet with 4 seams and a hem at the opening.

So the closest I could find for an "off the shelf" glove was this one here:

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/leather-white-welding-gloves-23882415230.html

But it still has some stitching that is missing, most notably at the opening of the glove, but could easily be fixed.

The next option is to build it yourself, this is a very simple glove pattern and wouldn't take much effort to sew. Otherwise if you're not confident in your sewing, you could approach someone for the commission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the research Mark :) 
Well I think I'll try to make my own. As you say, they are pretty simple in their pattern so I should succeed (I hope) ?

Plus, I have to order some material for the suit and kama (or just the kama if I found a good match for the suit) so let's go :D

• Like 1