Imperial Flametrooper (Jedi Fallen Order)

As others said, keep at it! A little at time, that will get you there. Stay concentrated on the one piece in hand, don't worry about the whole build. Progress is progress, no matter how large or how small. Also once the sanding is done comes the painting, detailing and assembly (the really fun stuff, when the build really comes together). The build will fly by when you get there. :teehee:

I've spent many, many hours sanding and sculpting for all kinds of projects and troopers. It can get daunting, but if you keep slowly chipping away at it, you will get there one day. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll echo what has been said because I've faced burn-out with costume creation. Take a nice break and come back to it with fresh ideas and you're brain and body will love you for it!!

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys ! 
So, I'm back :) And while I let some mastic dry on the backpack, I found new ref pics.

Let me know what you think please, but I'm pretty sure these will change the way we went regarding the flametrooper suit compared to the snowtrooper's one. (it never ends does it ?)

1850188738_flametrooper.thumb.jpg.140721a2a837981a69b327b278182574.jpgsnowtrooper.thumb.jpg.1b066ec72db34dc254c44475f73439b9.jpg1999904990_flametrooper_CU.thumb.jpg.3c31d17fd523a54a1351ea539f7fd659.jpg

What I notice from these are : 

The kama and suit are definitely the same as the snowtrooper (so I need to re re re change my plans).
My boots are the wrong color : everything must be offwhite/grey and no brownish.
My helmet is definitely too small so I need to rebuild it.
The part under the visor as a recessed center line.
I cut too much my hand plates so I need to find new ones.
The soft part of the helmet is the same color as the helmet itself. Just more weathered.

Time to cry I guess ?

• Confused 1

Yep some colors seem to indicate this is not the original rendering (especially on the shoulder bells).
I'm trying to figure where to find the original rendering and not the in game files I shared at the beginning but it is really hard to find. 
I can litteraly find every single trooper from the game except this one XD

[EDIT] Just found this source : https://www.redhotgameart.com/en/by-title/jedi
Seems legit then.

Edited by stevechewbacca
Found
On 9/30/2022 at 6:28 PM, stevechewbacca said:

Yep some colors seem to indicate this is not the original rendering (especially on the shoulder bells).
I'm trying to figure where to find the original rendering and not the in game files I shared at the beginning but it is really hard to find. 
I can litteraly find every single trooper from the game except this one XD

[EDIT] Just found this source : https://www.redhotgameart.com/en/by-title/jedi
Seems legit then.

Yep they check out, I managed to grab their renders as well

• Like 1
7 hours ago, nanotek said:

Yep they check out, I managed to grab their renders as well

Considering that, what should I do for the suit ? 
My thoughs are : snowtrooper suit all the way, make the shoes greyish and no more beige. 
I hope the other parts can do their job ?

shoes to me are dirty white/ very light grey. You may be able to paint those shoes you got, or otherwise cover them with vinyl like making a scout boot. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

shoes to me are dirty white/ very light grey. You may be able to paint those shoes you got, or otherwise cover them with vinyl like making a scout boot. 

I'll ask my girlfriend to help me. She has some tips to do it she told me ?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hi there ! 
Little update :)

I took the dimensions of a snow helmet and resized mine according to them. 
Printing will start this week end. The "aerators" as I call them have already been re printed with the new size and this time on my resin printer so the chrome/metal effect will be far better ^^

The sanding process of the backpack got a new start.

And I finally have a quote and estimated delivery time for my suit : june 2023 as my seamstress is a bit busy ? 
This will let me finish the armor by then.

I'm baaaaack !

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Looks awesome! Keep up the amazing work! I recently got this helmet to hone fully one day make this kit as well. I have always told all of the local snowies here that the only way they would get me into a kit is if it were for Spec Ops…..and so this is close enough. I also love anything with a flamethrower! I look forward to seeing this ! 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:00 PM, stevechewbacca said:

I'm thinking about hosting an armor party so my local friends can help me with sanding and finishing the printed parts such as the backpack and flamethrower 😛

You should totally get a lot of sanding with extra hands to help! Lol. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there !
Little update : got my flight suit and it fits me perfectly :)
The kama and gueters are being made this week.

The helmet is fully printed and I need to smooth it now.

Now, what i need is to find the right material for the cowl. The first I used for my previous helmet version is not that great.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

New update ! 
Got the gaiters and kama today. They are gorgeous.
I really understand why almost everyone in my garrison ask her to make new costumes 😛 

So the motivation kicked in and I made a harness to make the backpack (which is pretty big) stay in place and not beeing hold only by the chestplate. I tried it without a harness for my first tests and it almost choked me haha by raising the chest onto my throat so I had to figure something out. 

I also painted the new aerators/mic tip/whatever we will call them 😛 

Next steps : 
- going to the work store to get some bondo like material to fill the helmet.

- sand the helmet, the backpack and the flamethrower
- paint
- getting ready for the new game release

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ! 
Quick question here :P

As I have almost finished sanding the helmet, I'll soon assemble it. 
The question is for the cowl. Last version was made with fabric but it is hard to cut without getting some fraying and threads. Would some heated vinyl sticker (like automotive ones or for kitchen customisation) do the job ? 
It will be opaque and with a heatgun or hairdryer, it can go to the impossible flametrooper's mouth's shape. But I'm affraid about the loose area and how it will react and stay 🤔

What are your thougths please ? 
(it is possible that I go to the store today for the paint so if this solution is correct I'll by some vinyl too)

Cheers !