MKE-Trooper – Rogue One Death Trooper WIP

Hey Everyone,

After a lot of research, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a finished helmet and armor kit from Armory Shop Props! I decided to put this WIP post together after seeing it recommended in other posts. Hopefully I can get some feedback from others who have purchased a finished kit from ASP and point out any other parts/supplies I may be missing.

Here is my shopping list and current progress:

Helmet: Jimmiroquai Armor/Jim Tripon - Ordered 6/1/22 - Received 6/17/22

Helmet: ANOVOS 2018 Disney / Lucasfilm Ltd. licensed product. - Ebay - Purchased 2/15/24 - Received 2/23/24

Armor: Jimmiroquai Armor/Jim Tripon - Ordered 6/1/22 - Received 6/17/22

Belt Kit:  

Gloves: Endor Finders (USA) - Ordered 11/21/21 - Received 11/26/21 -   https://www.endorfinders.com/shop/rogue-one-trooper-gloves   

Boots: IB "Killer" (China) - Ordered 12/06/21 - Received 12/22/21 - https://www.imperialboots.com/product/killer/

Undersuit: - Ordered 11/21/21 - Received 12/10/21 - Jim Tripon via Facebook: www.facebook.com/jim.tripon

Armor Straps:  IB EZ Strap  - Ordered 1/8/22 - Received 1/26/21 - https://www.imperialboots.com/product/ezstrap/

Rubber Wrist Bands: A&J Projects (Facebook)  - Ordered 2/15/24

_________________________________________________________________________________

Blasters:

E-11D blaster:  Imperial Arms - Ordered 12/15/21 - Received 9/2/22 (Finished and Built)  https://www.imperialarms3d.com/product-page/death-trooper-e-11d-blaster-rifle-prop-with-functioning-light-and-stock

SE-14R blaster: Imperial Arms - Ordered 12/15/21 - Received 9/2/22 (Finished and Built) https://www.imperialarms3d.com/product-page/star-wars-custom-se-14r-light-repeating-blaster-pistol-prop

SE-14R holster: A&J Projects - Ordered 12/18/21 - Received 1/31/21 - www.facebook.com/ajprojects/

___________________________________________________________________________________

Helmet Add-Ons:

Helmet Audio System: Ukswrath - Ordered 12/18/21 - Received 12/23/21 - Death Trooper Audio System with PTT Cable

Helmet Cooling System: Ukswrath - Ordered 12/18/21 - Received 12/23/21 - Cooling System (non bracket style)

• Like 5

Nick, Welcome to the Detachment.

You've got a great list.

There really aren't any vendors for a complete strapping system due to the fact that each armor vendor produces their pieces which vary in size and build from the others. UKSWRATH did sell a strapping system for the Sith Trooper which some of us modified to work with our DTs. Your best course of action is to find ASP work in progress builds and see how each person strapped their kits and then pick and choose what works best for you.

If ASP and DSC are not making undersuits right now, contact Jim Tripon or Geeky Pinks Gaskets. 

As far as your blasters and holsters, the vendor's list has a good selection, any one of the vendor's are a good source. 

Helmet audio system I use UKSWRATH'S helmet system and am very pleased with it, so much so I've used it in two of my helmet set ups.

Cooling fans I went with Trooper Tronix, well built and at a great price.

All of the vendor's I mention have their contact information listed in the vendor's list.

Best of luck with your build.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Nick, Welcome to the Detachment.

You've got a great list.

There really aren't any vendors for a complete strapping system due to the fact that each armor vendor produces their pieces which vary in size and build from the others. UKSWRATH did sell a strapping system for the Sith Trooper which some of us modified to work with our DTs. Your best course of action is to find ASP work in progress builds and see how each person strapped their kits and then pick and choose what works best for you.

If ASP and DSC are not making undersuits right now, contact Jim Tripon or Geeky Pinks Gaskets. 

As far as your blasters and holsters, the vendor's list has a good selection, any one of the vendor's are a good source. 

Helmet audio system I use UKSWRATH'S helmet system and am very pleased with it, so much so I've used it in two of my helmet set ups.

Cooling fans I went with Trooper Tronix, well built and at a great price.

All of the vendor's I mention have their contact information listed in the vendor's list.

Best of luck with your build.

Thank you very much @Chaos I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, this is very helpful. 

7 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

Great list Nick, looking forward to your build! Be prepared for a looooooooong waiting time for your ASP armor (I know what I'm talking about?).

While it was exciting to place my order yesterday, the reality that I won't actually get it for 3-6 months has now kicked in. Hopefully I can use that time to work on my blasters and obtain the other required pieces. 

• 1 month later...

I am hoping to get some guidance from those of you who have ordered from Armory Props Shop. I ordered the Finished Death Trooper armor and after reading through the forms I am super concerned about having to do modifications when it arrives. When taking measurements I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Now that I have received the undersuit should I resubmit them while wearing the undersuit?

Thanks, Nick

8 hours ago, MKE-Trooper said:

When taking measurements I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Now that I have received the undersuit should I resubmit them while wearing the undersuit?

Nick, what I can say from my experience is that it doesn't really matter. I also wore t-shirt and shorts when I measured (and I measured exactly) and my armor still had a lot of space. So when you will resubmit the measurements with undersuit put on, I'm afraid you'll have even more space. From my understanding the measurements are approximate figures for ASP, otherwise I cannot explain these deviations when I received my armor especially for the shins, thighs and forearms. You won't get around adjustments mate, as everyone here had to do so in any way?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

Nick, what I can say from my experience is that it doesn't really matter. I also wore t-shirt and shorts when I measured (and I measured exactly) and my armor still had a lot of space. So when you will resubmit the measurements with undersuit put on, I'm afraid you'll have even more space. From my understanding the measurements are approximate figures for ASP, otherwise I cannot explain these deviations when I received my armor especially for the shins, thighs and forearms. You won't get around adjustments mate, as everyone here had to do so in any way?‍♂️

Thank you Dan, I really appreciate you taking time to reply. 

• Thanks 1

I did not go with a finished set of armor from ASP, so I can't speak on any adjustments that would have to be made after paint (which sounds like a nightmare). I typically would check sizing and then finish with painting. I feel like I was very fortunate in not having any issues with sizing (not approved yet, so I could be wrong). The upper body and legs have fit nearly perfect for me. Only assembling the midsection (belt came in last week) remains, and I am a little nervous about the midsection and the belt because I am so slim (29" waist), and I will try to update you with any issues that I run into.

-Michael

• Like 1
23 hours ago, therealtotty said:

I did not go with a finished set of armor from ASP, so I can't speak on any adjustments that would have to be made after paint (which sounds like a nightmare). I typically would check sizing and then finish with painting. I feel like I was very fortunate in not having any issues with sizing (not approved yet, so I could be wrong). The upper body and legs have fit nearly perfect for me. Only assembling the midsection (belt came in last week) remains, and I am a little nervous about the midsection and the belt because I am so slim (29" waist), and I will try to update you with any issues that I run into.

-Michael

Keep us posted Michael, very interested in your progress. Were you wearing your Death Trooper undersuit when you did your measurement's? 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MKE-Trooper said:

Man I can't wait to get my Armor from Armory Shop Props. Just putting on the undersuit and boots is exciting!

Gloves: Endor Finders 
Boots: IB "Killer"
Undersuit: Jim Tripon via Facebook

1804297137_IMG_2497(1).thumb.jpg.d13222f10e40d2e7c44520b89a493595.jpg

oh man that is FIRE!

• Like 1
On 1/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, Lt. Dan said:

Hey Nick,

I think I asked another member yet, but are the ribs of Jim's suit stitched seperately? 

@Lt. Dan

Jimmi's undersuit and gaskets are individually sewn. His seamstress takes the leather like material and sews in cording so the ribs hold their form. The result is much better than Mood's Ribbed Faux Leather Spandex material.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

@Chaos @MKE-Trooper Thanks for that Nick and Chris! Just asked, because I am thinking about upgrading to level 2, which isn´t possible with my Darkside Closet undersuit with fake ribs material.

@Lt. Dan

Daniel, there is a way to make the spandex ribbed fabric ridged enough to retain the ribs. Where we see the loss of ribbing is mostly in the abdomen gasket. If you can back the fabric with a stiffer no elastic fabric such as a rhino canvas or a rubber sheet, the spandex fabric will not flatten out the ribs. It is a little warmer but not that much more. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, MKE-Trooper said:

Keep us posted Michael, very interested in your progress. Were you wearing your Death Trooper undersuit when you did your measurement's? 

No, I hadn't received my undersuit yet. 

Took a few months off from my build (work and life haha). Your undersuit looks good!

-Michael

• 3 months later...

Small update for those following my build. After ASP’s post on May 4th on Instagram I decided to submit a case in PayPal requesting a refund. After review, PayPal decided in my favor and issued a full refund. I really want to support Denis but based on his post those funds were frozen in the European banks and he may never see them anyway.

After doing some research on others builds, I have decided to purchase Jim Tripon’s kit and commission someone to Finish/paint it for me. I would love to do this myself, but I just don’t have the space or tools do the work.

For those who have ordered or plan on ordering from Imperial Arms. I purchased a fully finished and built version of the SE-14R blaster and E-11D blaster on 12/15/22. I reached out to Imperial arms on 5/9 and received the following response “I apologize for the delay. I am still working by myself due to the virus issues. I appreciate you patience. I'll be in touch with tracking info. Thank you, Trevor”

• Like 1

Small update for those following my build. After ASP’s post on May 4th on Instagram I decided to submit a case in PayPal requesting a refund. After review, PayPal decided in my favor and issued a full refund. I really want to support Denis but based on his post those funds were frozen in the European banks and he may never see them anyway.

After doing some research on others builds, I have decided to purchase Jim Tripon’s kit and commission someone to Finish/paint it for me. I would love to do this myself, but I just don’t have the space or tools do the work.

For those who have ordered or plan on ordering from Imperial Arms. I purchased a fully finished and built version of the SE-14R blaster and E-11D blaster on 12/15/22. I reached out to Imperial arms on 5/9 and received the following response “I apologize for the delay. I am still working by myself due to the virus issues. I appreciate you patience. I'll be in touch with tracking info. Thank you, Trevor”

Was your ASP order still in processing or already cancelled? I am still hopeful it may go through as their most recent video of shipping their goods outside of US mentioned completed Armor Kits, which weren't shipped yet due to DHL limitations in Russia. I will give it a bit more time and then reconsider.

5 hours ago, TookBreaker said:

Was your ASP order still in processing or already cancelled? I am still hopeful it may go through as their most recent video of shipping their goods outside of US mentioned completed Armor Kits, which weren't shipped yet due to DHL limitations in Russia. I will give it a bit more time and then reconsider.

@TookBreaker My order was still showing as "Order Processing" and still is actually.  I never received any communication about my order being cancelled. I tried reaching out via email and Instagram but didn't hear back. 

If you are thinking about cancelling your order and requesting a refund from PayPal, you may want to look into what the PayPal buyer protection window is. I think saw somewhere it is 6 months. I submitted my case just a few days before the 6 month date. 

• Like 1

@TookBreaker My order was still showing as "Order Processing" and still is actually.  I never received any communication about my order being cancelled. I tried reaching out via email and Instagram but didn't hear back. 

If you are thinking about cancelling your order and requesting a refund from PayPay, you may want to look into what the PayPal buyer protection window is. I think saw somewhere it is 6 months. I submitted my case just a few days before the 6 month date. 

Thank you for the PayPal buyer protection window. I think I ordered January 8th, which is now close to 6 months. Will check with ASP again, but I am in the same status as you are.

• 1 year later...

I am excited to say that I finally have an update to my WIP! It has been a very long journey and an exercise in patience and understanding. My original purchase in November of 2021 was for a finished Armory Shop Props kit, which by now we all know that story. Luckily I was within the 6 month window and was able to get a refund from PayPal.

At the time, I was not interested in finishing/painting the kit myself as I didn't have space in my home to do so. I reached out to Jim Tripon and asked if he provided finishing services and while he only sells the kit, he did connect me with someone on Facebook who he has worked with in the past for commissioned builds. So on 6/1/22 I ordered Jim's kit and it was sent directly to someone in the US who would be painting and finishing the kit for me. 19 months later and SO many missed deadlines and lack of communication I finally received the finished kit in February (2024).  

Now the work begins! I have already begun making it my own:

• I sprayed the inside of every piece with Plasti-Dip to help with the itchy fiberglass
  • Added felt to the areas where the armor overlaps
  • Adding a shelf to the lower abdomen to attach the belt. Thank you @Mal86 for the detailed post in your WIP. I picked up the same PVC board off amazon. 
  • Ordered Rubber Wrist bands for the left forearm. (Still waiting on those to ship)
  • Scored a Anovos bucket off of ebay and have been hounding Chaos with questions about how to customize it. Sorry Chaos...

As you might be able to tell by now, I am super excited to finally have it in hand and having a blast customizing. Yesterday was my first partial suit up for the upper body and I couldn't stop smiling. My wife just kept laughing at me. 

spacer.png

• Like 4