TookBreaker's Death Trooper - COMPLETED

Hi Everyone!

First of all I wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope everyone is at good health (especially these days).

I am already a 501st member as a ESB TK and could not wait any longer to pursue a Death Trooper build as this is one of the coolest cosplay. Even though being located in Florida and a black cosplay may not be ideal, but who cares. Right? ?

I followed several WIP posts in this forum and these were very helpful, especially @MKE-Trooper yours was very helpful. In order to follow the WIP sharing process, here is where I am as of the time posting this topic. As the armor will take the longest time for delivery, I will order the rest over the next weeks.

UPDATED 08/18/2022 due to recent unfortunate changes of getting parts.

Costume Parts

Blasters

I may give these ones a shot to 3D print on my own as I did build an E-11 Blaster for my TK with good results.

Accessories

Thank you!

Tarkan

COMPLETION Update: An updated documentation about my build summary has been added at the end of this build post: 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MKE-Trooper said:

Welcome and thanks for posting! I got my undersuit from Jim Tripon and am super happy with it. His communication was great and it came WAY faster than I expected. 

I’m going to go that route it looks then, DarkSide Closet just confirmed no more orders, though “At this time we are looking other alternatives and hopefully to find more material very soon

@MKE-Trooper Do you have photos of your jumpsuit? I can’t seem to find any.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, stnc said:

I’m going to go that route it looks then, DarkSide Closet just confirmed no more orders, though “At this time we are looking other alternatives and hopefully to find more material very soon

@MKE-Trooper Do you have photos of your jumpsuit? I can’t seem to find any.

I just posed a picture in my WIP  thread. 

• Like 2

@TookBreaker

Tarkan, Welcome to Spec Ops, looks like you are well on your way with your list. Jimmi is probably your best bet for an undersuit, it might be a little more than the others but his seamstress individually sews the ribs over inserted cording which makes the ribs hold their form when stretched (this is a Level 2 requirement should you go that route as you build your kit)

Its good that your are in contact with Andrew (PAD) he is a wealth of knowledge and one of the original DT Troopers. 

Best of luck with your build, we are all hear if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Thank you, @Chaos! Andrew knows a lot and he is one of the first 10 DT's on the planet. Had a good chat already with him. I would love to go after Level 2, hence will reach out to Jimmi. Will keep this build updated and assume it will take a while. ? 

All stay well!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A short update for getting the armor from Armory Shop Props. With the current situation in Russia, they are really challenged with deliveries. Currently, they cannot ship any large boxes (especially armor kits) due to the restrictions they face. DHL only picks up 10 small boxes (42cm x 33cm x 32cm) once per week, sometimes maybe one more time.

I have the option to request a refund from PayPal but want to wait as these guys have the best DT armor, but wanted to share it in this forum,

Wishing only the best for Armory Shop Props and any other business being affected as these are tough times.

1 hour ago, TookBreaker said:

A short update for getting the armor from Armory Shop Props. With the current situation in Russia, they are really challenged with deliveries. Currently, they cannot ship any large boxes (especially armor kits) due to the restrictions they face. DHL only picks up 10 small boxes (42cm x 33cm x 32cm) once per week, sometimes maybe one more time.

I have the option to request a refund from PayPal but want to wait as these guys have the best DT armor, but wanted to share it in this forum,

Wishing only the best for Armory Shop Props and any other business being affected as these are tough times.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not in a rush so I'll wait it out.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TookBreaker said:

I waited seven months for my kit regularly. If you ordered in February, you don't have to worry. Not even without this damn war! ?

• Haha 1
On 3/24/2022 at 8:00 AM, TookBreaker said:

I wish both you and them well, but I'm not as optimistic as things seem to be getting worse, not better.  I ordered with them back in November of 2021 and still hadn't gone into production as of yesterday, so I went ahead and cancelled my order with them and charged back through my bank (Which was actually their suggestion based on the situation), and am currently looking at Jimmy and a couple of other options.

• Like 1

I'm in the same position. Waiting on armor from ASP and waiting on a helmet from Ukraine ? While the situation is grim for the shop in Ukraine, as I'm pretty sure they've been force to evacuate, I also feel for Denis and his team and I hope they're able to stay afloat. I've seen their work and was already mentally prepared to wait a couple of months for my armor. If it takes a little longer, so be it. I know it will be of superb quality.

Hopefully, the confilct ends soon and innocents on both sides can get back to living their lives. 

I know you said that you've held off on purchasing other pieces until the situation with Ukraine/Russia is more clear, but I gotta second @MKE-Trooper if you haven't already pulled the trigger on an undersuit. I just got my suit from Jimmi yesterday and that thing fits like a dream. He also included the rectangle fabric covers for the boots, which I wasn't aware I was going to receive, so that knocks out another requirement for the suit!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HRivera7322 said:

I'm in the same position. Waiting on armor from ASP and waiting on a helmet from Ukraine ? While the situation is grim for the shop in Ukraine, as I'm pretty sure they've been force to evacuate, I also feel for Denis and his team and I hope they're able to stay afloat. I've seen their work and was already mentally prepared to wait a couple of months for my armor. If it takes a little longer, so be it. I know it will be of superb quality.

Hopefully, the confilct ends soon and innocents on both sides can get back to living their lives. 

I know you said that you've held off on purchasing other pieces until the situation with Ukraine/Russia is more clear, but I gotta second @MKE-Trooper if you haven't already pulled the trigger on an undersuit. I just got my suit from Jimmi yesterday and that thing fits like a dream. He also included the rectangle fabric covers for the boots, which I wasn't aware I was going to receive, so that knocks out another requirement for the suit!

Appreciate everyone's perspective and this is helpful. If you say Jimmi, I assume you mean Jim Tripon, right?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TookBreaker said:

If you say Jimmi, I assume you mean Jim Tripon, right?

Yes, Jim Tripon is Jimmi

I have used his undersuit/gaskets with my Jimmi DT armor since July 2017 and it is still in very good shape. @jimmiroquai

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just an update on the Armory Shop Props order for my armor parts and accessories. I tried to get hold of Denis on several channels without success. I know the situation is dire and unfortunate. Also, I read so many good things about Denis and Team, wish I could really wait and feel confident to get it at some point, but had to file a dispute on my payment as over 7 months passed with no progress and complete silence since March/April.

Will re-consider which other builder I may use. Based on my Squad's feedback, good options are 850 Armor Works or KB Props. Will keep this post updated as I progress. In the meantime, I have a AOTC Count Dooku ongoing as my spouse is now a 501st member with Asajj Ventress Nightsister.

• 1 month later...

Update: After over 9 months of waiting to make some progress and changing plans to another supplier for the armor, in this case to Jim Trippon, I received my main parts today (updated original posts for parts received today).

Let the work begin! ?

PS: Ignore the gym items, they do not belong to the kit! ?

2GhUDVT.jpg jdUTLHq.jpg

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...