Imperial Super Commando - Gar Saxon animated costume

9 minutes ago, MisterxM said:

@RAIDER Ok, I'm ready. Any help will be very valuable for me. So i'll be waiting for information. 

To start we review our reference materials we have collected so far to see if we have enough to be able to cover the costume

At first glance we look a little little light?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We could use some more reference images of Gar Saxon's jetpack I think. The only one we have in the thread is close to the file that you link to above. My one concern is whether the orange cross shape in the centre of the missile tube is formed in that shape, or whether it is a square shape with the cross painted on (as the Etsy file seems to show).

reb_ca_1831_bab1cbe1~2

Etsy Gar Saxon Jetpack

It's not easy to find a right photos of Gar's jetpack, but i found something. In my opinion shape of this part is little bit rounded, not straight. What do you think guys?

Sabine_refuses_killing_Saxon.jpg.2836c0f9e8d8e1ebf470b31725df759c.jpg

Maybe we could look also at Sabine Wren photos. As you know she used a jetpack, which was captured on one of ISC grunt's. Here we have more straight shape.

jet.jpg.4f86e9f10784658affa77cd695b840f0.jpg  28456595174_fa49ecd342_b.jpg.e1bc442b845c2bc2e65c0ccb08036118.jpg

• Like 1

Good job. Yes, I'd agree there's a slight curve to it, but a little sanding might be all you need to achieve that effect. If you can also fill in the gaps at the side, I'd say that model will give you a close approximation of what we see in the references.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this clone trooper undersuit & i looked at the next photos. Maybe you will see that undersuit is very similar to Saxon's suit, but the color is to dark. Is it possible to "repaint" this CT undersuit? What do You think about this suit?

https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/843898456/clone-trooper-costume-armor-under-suit-2?click_key=01ae7883e719d7b3f67dd043c007e941d8b2b0a1%3A843898456&click_sum=665315a9&ref=shop_home_recs_1&pro=1&frs=1&sts=1

painting fabric like this in my experience never works. you are going from the darket color, black to something else. As soon as it stretches, the paint breaks. 

Try contacting the seller and see if they can do it in the color you need, they may be open to doing it. If they arent, find someone making something similar, and see if they are open to new work. I went to Sheevs Emporium and they did brand new items for me that had not been done before. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, MisterxM said:

Finally i can come back to project. Here's the files which i buy couple days before. I know a guy who does great helmet's & he can do it for me. 

https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/1461746431/mandalorian-gar-saxon?click_key=1f4f842b2e75f34ff93425314eb7e28e053b7946%3A1461746431&click_sum=129943cf&ref=search_recently_viewed-6

the teeth and the ffront slit look off on it to me, unless that is the version from the game, then could be right and i wouldnt know.

i will be modeling the helmet from the show and posting all my wip's in my thread, feel free to comment on the ways i can improve the model im making.  I will be modeling the whole armour 

Unfortunately I don't have any skill's in 3d modeling so I must use others models. But I can help with my comments & suggestions. Luckily I didn't spend too much money. 

Maybe i can buy accurate files from you, when they will be finished & approved here on forum. Of course if you want to sell them. 

12 hours ago, MisterxM said:

Unfortunately I don't have any skill's in 3d modeling so I must use others models. But I can help with my comments & suggestions. Luckily I didn't spend too much money. 

Maybe i can buy accurate files from you, when they will be finished & approved here on forum. Of course if you want to sell them. 

thats fine. ill do the modeling.  I woudl appreciate the eyes on the models for angles and things i might miss. i try not to miss stuff, but when you stare at somethign so long, sometimes little things slip by.

Yeah, if the files are approved and accepted, then i would sell or whatever the files.  the more super commandos the better

• Like 1