TFU Shadow Stormtrooper #2

• 2 weeks later...

You know that moment when you forgot to put some sorf of mold release on, yeah just had that.... :(

Set this aside for a couple weeks, went to demold it today and the mold stuck to the forearm. Good thing I used my old Nova forearm...

On the other hand I'm now offering a limited edition, one-time run of a Novatrooper Forearm preserved in clear silicone! :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you guys!

Well with the success of one thing (my really cheap recast molding.....) comes the failure of another.

I tried attaching the thigh belt to the thigh the other day, the LED strip was of course making things difficult, and pretty much everything came undone. So I instead glued the LEDs to the thigh, and will now figure out another way to get this dang thigh belt on, I'm probably going to have to make some sort of spacer or something.

orezeviF

:D

How to make a Back Plate: Part 1

So you need a backplate, but have plenty of parts to make one. So why not just make one?

We begin with a messed up backplate (that is too small as well) on the left and a General Veers backplate on the right.

93DhfIZ.jpg

We proceed to cut out the O II design out of the old backplate to attach into the new one. It also doubles as a nice bowl to eat out of as well.....

Fo8HgQo.jpg

But we proceed to cut it in half to later extend for the new backplate (since it is a bit wider than the other one).

cHi6QiD.jpg

We also take this time to draw out the lines to cut for the new detail that is going in.

Finally we craft the extensions to begin extending the details.

lgYUNAI.jpg

And that ends Part 1.

Fivezero

How to make a Back Plate: Part 2

While glue dries, we cut the new hole for the detail stuff.

dUgO23E.jpg

And begin gluing in the new parts.

FCPwESY.jpg

All done gluing. Not bad for an hour's worth of work, just needs some love and Bondo...

OIadf-1.jpg

And no it didn't hurt to cut either backplate since they were both extras that were laying around and the black one was unusable for anything anyway (stupid recast Ebay armor). So might as well save some money instead of buying a new backplate and just make one.

And I thought this project was enough of a Franken-armor already........... :D

• 3 months later...

Hi! I'm back to working on this thing finally... After meeting everyone at CVI I was reinspired to work on this thing again. So now I'm going to be in a mad dash to finish this thing!!! :D

So here's what I've done since I've gotten back.

Needed the ab plate detail thingamabob so decided to use the one from my Nova (since it popped off at CVI).

See where this is going?!?

DSCF0002-1-3.jpg

That's right, I just poured liquid urethane in the detail plate... :shok:

DSCF0003-2-2.jpg

Curing. Accidentally spilled some when I hit my work table and had to quickly clean it off the outside of the plate (didn't care for the table too much).

DSCF0004-2.jpg

And now I felt better knowing it came out of the other plate. Some sanding and spot putty and this thing will look fine.

DSCF0011-1.jpg

Also got some more LEDs for the butt plate and the chest plate. I'll end up gluing the strip to the buttplate and letting the belt cover it

DSCF0007-1-1.jpg

DSCF0010-1-1.jpg

^^ Never get tired of that ^^

I've also spent some time finishing all the strapping. Tomorrow I start the painting with the shiny/chromy looking pieces first!

Fivezero