Neo-Crusader Build

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is he the guy that made the darth bane and the imperial dude with red armor? if not sorry i dont know him i hope he doesnt see this :(

Thomas is the guy who will approve you. He does the Clone Emperor, Durge, Ganner Krieg (Imperial Knight),Prince Xizor and Darth Bane. Here's a link to his site. http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/avatarprime.html

ok well i got the chest plate fixed yay all it needs if more putty to make it nice and smooth

Taped it so it would keep its shape:

P9060001.jpg

Damage here:

P9060002.jpg

Work done:

P9060003.jpg

putty'd and sanded:

P9060005.jpg

P9060006.jpg

looks good huh?

small update for left gauntlet top has 1st layer of spot putty:

P9060004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got to do much do to school and work but I did get some smoothing work done on the chest plate and I did a test fit the rigging for the chest and back (when I start it) is going to be like this except the belt on the inside 'cause if you look at my ref.pic you can see the belts/straps on the outside of the undersuit

Edit: harsh criticism is allowed i need it lol

P9160001.jpg

the only downside to my build is my helmet is heavier then dirt i'll have to get some foam sometime to get some pressure off the shoulders

What you could do is make a plaster mould of it, and the slush/resin cast a lighter one. I have a friend here who's doing that for my scratch built TR bucket I've been working on when not working on the seatrooper :P It's also what I'm doing for the seatrooper bucket. That way you get a lighter one out of it, and you have a mold to produce more, say if you wanted a yellow or red one as well. I think he's going to do my TR bucket in polyurethane. Much lighter than the fiberglass bucket one of the other guys in my garrison has, maybe not quite as strong though. You should see if there are any professional prop makers in your garrison and ask them for help. Not sure if this process will be the same for your helment, but if it's going to work on a TR bucket, I'm sure it will be much the same for yours.

Same friend also suggested I get my seatrooper armour done up as moulds and give them to the local vac formers to do in ABS. Then I get nicer looking armour (cause it's in shiny plastic) and it's a bit stronger and more weather resistant (and in my case waterproof). Gotta do the bondo layer for detail on it, and fiberglass for strength, but it might help with the issue you had with it cracking when you flexed it.

Sorry if I have confused you with this as you can probably tell, I'm no pro at it and I'm still confused about what I need to do for my seatrooper. If you have people with the skills in your garrison though, I'm sure they can help. Let me know if you want me to find anything else out for you. This process also allows you to make up some kits :D , I'm sure there are a few people interested in this costume :P