Neo-Crusader Build

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i need your guys opinions should I paint the helmet and that be that or save some money and ship it out to someone in my garrison and have them mold it ????

Edit: option 3 buy plaster stips and plaster of paris and put vacolean on the helmet and make it out of plaster and possible some bondo or fiberglass???

Just a note on that Iz, with the seatrooper I have been PMing The Clone Emperor asking for his advice before I start to mold it for vacforming. He said he wasn't happy with the way it looked in cardboard/bondo and basically said he wouldn't approve it at that stage (needs alot of modding). While the neo-crusader isn't the seatrooper, spanos has some harsh requirements when it comes to getting brand spanking new costumes into the costume base.

Not saying it isn't possible Lunar, but I'd recommend trying to contact him with your progress to get his thoughts. He might tell you to go and get it molded anyway, or make some mods to it, which would mean you've spent the money on paint for nothing. The impression he gave me was that he wasn't going to approve the seatrooper until it was on a comparable level with an MC scout (so vac formed parts as opposed to cardboard/bondoed), he might have a similar comparison in mind when it comes to the neo-crusader. He's pretty harsh when it comes to things like the Nova, Incinerator, Shadow Scout etc, but even more so when it is an entirely new armor type. He did refer me to look at his durge build; http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/DURGE_htm/Durge09.html , as to start with he used a similar method to what you and I have been looking at doing, although I believe he ended up sculpting his final product.

Just sharing my experience with you, would hate to see you put so much effort in to get knocked back. Looking great so far!

He's on the Main boards. You could see if he's a member of the detachment, not sure. Might be best to talk to someone approved in your garrison, maybe the GML, to ask Thomas if you can't find him. It can take a while for him to respond though.

why is it that after every stage of something i find a spot that wants to peel up?

Helmet small repairs and a repaint (after i took pics i found 2 more places that are crack and need fixed):

pb130035.th.jpg

pb130034.th.jpg

Chest primed its a mess i have a lot of work left on it :

pb130032.th.jpg

pb130033n.th.jpg

pb130031.th.jpg

Yeah, I'd go darker mate. Something else to keep in mind is that apparently the color blue dosn't Photograph well, so it could be darker in person than what we can see here. But I'd still go a bit darker.

Other than that it looks great. Good work so far, all the hard work will pay off in the end and you can be like, "Yeah, that's right. I made that." :thumbsup:

Thanks Josh. Adam im 25 and still live at home if that helps. I am responsible your parents really dont have to worry. Depending where your located we have armor parties all the time (mostly Mando kits). Ill be joining the 501st soon and be offical with mercs also.