neoakaj's Imperial Security Trooper build

11 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Shoulder bells look much better when you have the suit on, at first I was scared they were a little large! Seeing this R1 tanker back plate makes me happy, takes me back to getting my R1 tanker completed!

Yeah I am a very skinny guy so I tend to pad my softgoods to fill out the suits a little more. That and the metal hanger on the shoulders puts them up and wide for my normal build. 

And I am right there also with a R1 Tanktrooper. I was working on mine with the nice weather yesterday 

• Like 1

Shorter boots and a little more worn out. They should work. I still think I was sent tall jackboots like the ICAT/Mud trooper style from IB. But these shorter ones look more of the part for this trooper

Also my little girl made a photobomb hehe. That’s Ahsoka the little Shiba Inu. 

1QvFbVR.jpg

• Like 3

Well one of my helmets shipped! Hopefully this weekend I can finish up a few parts on the Tanktrooper and get this one knocked out so that its ready for when the CRL discussion starts.

• Like 2

After some adjustments to the suit, still more to come(need to work on the arms a bit more) and with the proper boots I think it’s getting closer. I put a picture of my knee bent to show how far up the boots come up my calf, half way. 

kN3obh5.jpg

EEi3PeS.jpg

7bDnmU1.jpg

4stv5tr.jpg

I’m still recovering from surgery on my left arm so the picture with me pointing is as high as I can reach up with the armor on(extra weight on the arm and shoulder). 

tomorrow I hope to get the shins glued, and the biceps finished. I have been looking more and more at the Montana Shock Black and it really looks good for a color match, so hopefully I can help “argue” that color for the CRL. Speaking of, when are we gonna start working on that? 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Question...

The helmet should be the same as the one used by mudtroopers? According to some screen captures I have seen I would say it is. WDYT?

However, I have doubts about the part shown in the atached picture. It definetly different from the one used by the mudtroopers. 

Any thoughts are wellcome 🙂 

Thanks!

Marco.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 20.48.34.jpeg

From Fraser (who was on set as a extra in uniform) the helmets are the same used for the green troopers in the checkpoints scenes, and those were repainted to the dark grey after the Rix road scenes were filmed. Many of the parts used came in boxes marked R1 but it is likely the case that the armor and helmets were new. Several parts of the armor bits did not survive these scenes for use at the later filming dates for the security checkpoint. 

The helmet is somewhat different from the mudtrooper helmet, but the text for the checkpoint version has already been completed. 

• Like 3

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback.

It is good to know the helmet is painted in drak grey. Now the issue would be to find the proper one thant matches that seen on screen. 
Regarding the helmet itself I hope to read about details soon, as to be able to purchase the helmet or a 3D model to print it myself. I was already going to print the bigger parts of the helmet from a mudtrooper 3D model but do not want to waste the effort/materials if it is still unclear how different from that of the mudtrooper is it going to be. 

I'm willing to get more details 🙂 

Regards,

Marco.

50 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

All the research and the test paints were done in the Andor topic. The black color appears to be Montana Gold Anthracite. 

Ordering that today! Gonna get this build finished up!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

All the research and the test paints were done in the Andor topic. The black color appears to be Montana Gold Anthracite. 

Ordering that today! Gonna get this build finished up!

• Like 1
On 2/19/2023 at 2:53 AM, Kjeldo said:

Jason, where did you get the shorter height boots?

I have a couple sets. The ones from my post on Jan 6th are vintage jackboots and the ones from the post on Jan 16th and the suit up pictures are from crow props

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is looking really good.

I just got my WTF armor and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to show me how you attach the armor, what kind of system you use to keep the shoulder buckles in place and such ?

16 hours ago, mobius said:

This is looking really good.

I just got my WTF armor and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to show me how you attach the armor, what kind of system you use to keep the shoulder buckles in place and such ?

I will take some pictures this weekend. Mine is a IS kit so it may be pretty different in how it would be put together but it would give some ideas

1 hour ago, neoakaj said:

I will take some pictures this weekend. Mine is a IS kit so it may be pretty different in how it would be put together but it would give some ideas

Perfect thank you ever so much :)

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Hoda said:

Bumperarooni on this post!

@neoakajdid you ever paint this set of armor with the new paint? I think we're about to get started with knocking this CRL out!

No I was not able to get to it yet. Between a birthday trip and a winter in Colorado that won’t let up it fell behind. But I’m ready as soon and I get some nice weather now. The only thing I’m missing is some updates to my helmet 

10 minutes ago, neoakaj said:

No I was not able to get to it yet. Between a birthday trip and a winter in Colorado that won’t let up it fell behind. But I’m ready as soon and I get some nice weather now. The only thing I’m missing is some updates to my helmet 

Happy belated!

No rush - giving you a heads-up this is coming up soon!