Darth Emphatic Bucket

So, guess what. This nice new bucket I have been trying to complete, the one I paid to get its nice new paint job, I have all but ruined.

Apparently, my glue gun was hotter then I thought and it had a weird reaction with the plastic, actually sucking it in. I don't know if its the plastic, or the surface coat/sealer, but I essentially have divots all around the dome. They are very easy to see in person, but do not photograph well. I did the best I could in this pics:

dsc0120dy.jpg

dsc0121mj.jpg

The worst thing is I had already pulled a lot of items out of my other bucket so it is out of commission right now and would be difficult to get back up as well. I could sand down the bucket all over again, fill, and sand, and then get it repainted, but I would then have to pay for it all over again. I really should have fiberglassed the whole thing inside, I knew it was thin.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Usually I only use the glue gun in certain areas, things i know I want to be able to pull out later without too much hassle. Guess this bucket was just too thin for it.

The only solutions I can see are Option 1) to sand it back down, fill the divots with bondo, sand that even, and then have it repainted. Before repainting, I would fiberglass the entire inside of the thing to strengthen it up and make it so I can safely glue in there. A lot out of pocket for me but cheaper then option 2) to buy a new bucket. Any one got one laying around, non FX/AM :yes::confused:? Or I can buy a kit, hope to get it in time to assemble before SDCC. I open to suggestions

Since it's a scootch bucket, I could just send you a dome. (when is sdcc?) Then you could just reassemble and get it repainted. I've never had that story of reaction to a hot glue gun with his stuff. Strange. Is it a high temp or a low temp craft gun?

-iz

Its not super high temp. Its the type you get at the craft store. it could be because my bucket was a little thinner. I will need to check the rest of the bucket to see if it happened anywhere else. I may want that dome, why do you have one laying around?

Im gonna need like 3 sets of lenses, or items I can use at lenses. 1 mirrored, 2 smoke. Any thoughts?

Izzi, your dome all fiberglassed up for strength

dsc0131w.jpg

The old painted dome, testing the hot glue on a fiberglassed spot

dsc0132r.jpg

Yet, you can see hear, it still pulled in the dome. I couldn't believe it. I really have no explanation

dsc0133pf.jpg