Dark Trooper - Generation 3 - Mandalorian - 3D Modeling Discussion

Hello everyone

What about the Hot Toys figure of the Dark Trooper, I compared it with the film pictures and I have to say it is very good. I measured this figure and completely converted it to size. I then built a suit of armor out of cardboard to test whether it could be worn by a human. Then I built all the deep-drawn molds. I've spent 2 years on this now. Then I developed the joints, which are fixed and movable in two levels and visually closed at the front and back. We would have to discuss whether this is ultimately enough. The only question I now have is whether it has to be 100% accurate or to what extent deviations are permissible.

greating

Andreas

The main problem will be the narrow waist circumference and the knee joints at the back. I think the hands will be doable The side closure of the breastplate will be difficult to reproduce in some cases on the stomach. What do you think ? 100% will be very difficult. Since most of the joints are hollow and you can see through them, I work with mirror foil here

• Like 1

Hello to all dark trooper fans

I'm now sending a few pictures that you can discuss together. These are my preliminary shapes from deep drawing, the details are not yet accurate and some parts are not yet. But the main thing was whether it could even be implemented as a costume and in my opinion it is. As a deep-drawn costume, it is very light and easy to wear and the HIPS is very flexible and already has a high gloss finish. I will start a construction report in the next few weeks as soon as I have everything finished. But take a look at the pictures and have a discussion. I am also grateful for every suggestion and idea.

greatings

Andreas

For now it is only the prototype and not yet the final end product. I'm still making some changes and additions. For example, the shoe armor can be adjusted to the wearer so that everyone is the same size, as the dark trooper is 1.90 meters tall. The size can be adjusted using different shoe soles. I am 1.78 meters tall and with the shoes in the photo and later with the helmet I am 1.90 meters tall. The armor is designed so that different body figures can fit into it. Of course, once you reach a certain limit, it's over at some point, but it's adjustable.

I would be happy if you would show a few pictures of your projects so that we can exchange ideas and avoid any unnecessary mistakes that may already be there. For example, my hands are not yet accurate and the side closure of the breastplate is not there yet, etc. So send a few pictures and let's discuss in advance whether all this effort has any chance of being successful. I've been building the project for 2.5 years now and have already made a few changes and new buildings. So friends of the Dark Trooper lets start. Talk about it.

Andrew

@Andreas Funk well done on solving the joint process. I think your solution to conceal as much of the elbow, knee, and wrist undersuit works great and would be acceptable as a method or concealment. I will post up what I have done when I get a break from work and can sit down and do some screen shots. I am excited that we are bringing this costume back to life. 

Hallo alle zusammen 

Heute werde ich mit dem Baubericht starten, dies wird einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Ich werde alles so wie vorgeschlagen mit der crl des death trooper auflisten. Denkt bitte später bei der diskusion daran das die Greeblies noch nicht das endprodukt sind sondern nur rohlinge die noch nicht ganz von Form, Farbe und positionierung 100 % sind. Alle anderen Teile sind von der Hot Toys Puppe entnommen , skaliert und gezeichnet worden. Aus den Zeichnugen wurden die Tiefziehformen gebaut und der Prototyp gerfertigt. Hier sind auch noch leichte änderungen möglich da die Formen noch nicht versiegelt wurden.

Die Seitenplatten muss ich noch konstruieren und die Bauch und Rückenpaltte noch ändern, aber ich werde alles hochladen damit wir gemeinsam diskutieren können. Wenn einer eine gute Lösung für die Hände hat, dann bitte her damit. Alle anderen konzeptlösungen wegen der Gelenke poste ich mit. Ich freue mich schon auf eure konstruktiven Meinungen. Also für alle die es interessiert die Rüstung ist auf schwarzen hochglänzenden HIPS tiefgezogen und muss nicht mehr lackiert werden. Alle Greeblies werden abgeformt und in  mattschwarzem Resin gegossen. Die Chrome greeblies werden mit chromfarben lackiert.

Die Rüstung kann später von Personen mit einer Körpergröße von 1,70 - 1,90m getragen werden.( optimal wäre eine Körpergröße von 1,75 - 1,85 m. Mein Helm ist von der Grundbasis das erste Modell von Nikkos Industries. Habe hier eine komplette Kamera elektronik verbaut damit die Augen richtig rot rüberkommen.Heisst man hat monutore im Helm und schaut über eine Kamera. Bewegungssound habe ich auch generiert welche über einen Handschalter ausgelöst werden kann des weiteren wird der Blaster mit sound versehen, über diesen können unter anderem Musik, Blaster sounds und die Bewegungssound abgerufen werden. Aber da kommen wir später zu, ich hau mal rein 

Gruss

Andreas

•