Cdraudt17 Shadow Scout WIP

Just got my kit and I’m so stoked to get going. It’s mostly trimmed but I think I want to sand the edges to even them out a little more. 

I have a little work on the helmet, as it was already assembled. The visor cut out is a little lopsided so I’ll try to fix that too. 

I haven’t seen many belts that are not one piece, and that come separated. Is this something that can still be approved?

I’m sure I will have lots of questions through this process, so thanks in advance. 😆

bibvOdA.jpgLeBwTqk.jpg9kD8HYg.jpeg08wrbyv.jpegBfgG1Hd.jpeg

Welcome to the true dark, in the dark side. The shadows are where the fun truly happens. 

As far as the belt, yes that can still be approved. The one piece requirement is only a L2 requirement. If you havent already, take a look here at the CRL which will be used for your approval by your local GML. 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_scout

If you have any questions or concerns, or progress photos, please keep us updated and lets get you approved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How flush do I need to get the tank against the back piece? I’m nervous to take too much more off. I think I will just be trying for basic approval, as I don’t think the strap will work very well with what I have. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

13 minutes ago, Cdraudt17 said:

How flush do I need to get the tank against the back piece? I’m nervous to take too much more off. I think I will just be trying for basic approval, as I don’t think the strap will work very well with what I have. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That doesnt look too bad. When you go to put the rivet in the bottom make sure you make it tight. But what do you mean "basic because the strap wont work"? There isnt a strap required for L2. Also reach out to your GML and see what they say

36 minutes ago, Gree23 said:

That doesnt look too bad. When you go to put the rivet in the bottom make sure you make it tight. But what do you mean "basic because the strap wont work"? There isnt a strap required for L2. Also reach out to your GML and see what they say

You know what?? I was thinking of the biker ROTJ biker scout. I didn’t realize that part didn’t carry over. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cdraudt17 said:

You know what?? I was thinking of the biker ROTJ biker scout. I didn’t realize that part didn’t carry over. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah no worries! Its an easy thing to mix up, and about 99% of it is the same. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Darth Vinnious said:

Where did you get the helmet from? I have the rest of the armor from Moncals but am having issues in finding a helmet.

I would recommend Studio Creations for all your armor needs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1