Death Trooper building in Germany (Jim Tripon kit)

I used the Tamiya Metalic black with an airbrush.  I masked off the black areas which were painted first, then clear coated over everything. I then masked off the non matte black areas and did a matte clear coat over the gloss one to give the matted finish

1 hour ago, Deathwatch said:

Did you use matte black for the recesses/lines on the shoulder/biceps/thigh too? 
I think chrome would be too bright for those lines…I was ogling gun metal like colors for those lines…what did you use? 

I did not weather my armour, so the recessed lines were not painted but left gloss black. For weathering, most use a grey/white wash for the effect

Okay I see…

I kinda like the look with the painted silver/gun metal recessed lines (see biceps part 501st crl) …probably will go with gun metal color and weather with black enamel wash…

• Shallow grooves are present in a pattern matching the photo.
    • The grooves may be a matte black, metallic black, matte silver, or gray.
    • If coloring is used, the shoulder bells, biceps, forearms, and thighs must match.
10 hours ago, Deathwatch said:

Okay I see…

I kinda like the look with the painted silver/gun metal recessed lines (see biceps part 501st crl) …probably will go with gun metal color and weather with black enamel wash…

• Shallow grooves are present in a pattern matching the photo.
    • The grooves may be a matte black, metallic black, matte silver, or gray.
    • If coloring is used, the shoulder bells, biceps, forearms, and thighs must match.

Make sure that that you use  matte or metallic black, matte silver, or dark gray and must match the rest of the armor and make sure that all of the recesses that state "may be painted" are all done to match. There is no "gun metal" color in the Color Scheme but I am going to assume that you are referring to the "metallic dark grey" which is Tamiya Metallic Black - TS40. The silver is a "matte silver" you can dull it down with a "black wash" if using that as a "weathering" it must be consistent with the rest of the armor pieces.