Gree's in the Tree's!!! A Forest Trooper Build story...

Ok so here we go! I am hoping to get this build done and give the Spec Ops another costume to add to the amazing list. The Forest Trooper is a Scout, but with the forest/wetlands "camo like" scheme overtop. I believe the base of the armor should be white, with the heavy green and brown overlay. 

Currently searching for boot options, as it seems the boot is a "flat" sole boot with a grey color sole. The boots also appear to be missing the standard "dog bone" construction of the original Scout boot, but I believe I have a workup for that already, just need to find the right base boot. Do we think a level 1 element could allow the basic scout boot base? with high levels being a flat sole? definitely want clarification before purchasing a base and it not being right. 

As far as the back of the armor goes. It appears to be that the tank does not have the tank topper detail. Is this something that would be allowed for level 1? or for conformity over all the costumes? how would the detachment want to proceed with that? 

This is going to be a fun build! 

Using my Biker scout as a Base, and having a shadow scout already approved, I will be pulling and "kit bashing" this build to get the desired outcome for this costume. I pray with the help of this awesome detachment, we can achieve a game accurate costume, while being able to allow a slight variation of levels of approval. any and ALL suggestions and input is welcome and appreciated!

spacer.png

Scout used for base

elPSv0w.jpg

Cummerbund is the exact same as the Shadow Scout, minus the black Cod. Will be making a new Cod using material from the swamp trooper cummerbund

• Like 2
On 6/4/2024 at 3:53 PM, Gree23 said:

Found what I will be using for the base boot. The sole will be modified and painted to match reference. 

spacer.png

I think this will work.  Just so this could be a possible build guide as well, would you share the boot name/brand/etc?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 10:54 AM, Masek said:

Found these tie fighter boots on crowprop could these be a good start for a forest trooper boot.

Screenshot_20240625-164927_Chrome.jpg

Looking at the reference images, it looks like the sides of the soles have some texturing like an outdoor boot. We haven't finalized the boot text on the CRL discussion thread yet to my knowledge, that is something I'm going to dive into this week (had a death in the family). It may be worth discussion on L2 detail to have that detail on the side of the sole, kind of like how scout boots are cut out.

Sorry to hear that condolences to you and family. I know I'm a complete novice at this but I have been talking to Crowprops about if this is something that they can construct and have sent them some reference pictures. Part of their reply was (The soles must to be made in white eva with the side excaved details, we need to make an hybrid between Bo Katan gaiters and tech animated boots) and they could make them in black or white only. If this is any help in the decision making.