Posable Mannequin with moveable base

Like most of you I am extremely happy/proud of my finished Death Trooper armor and wanted a way to display it when not in use. I thought it was as simple as purchasing a mannequin off of Amazon but I quickly realized that wasn't going to work. After lots of research I came up with a pretty cool posable mannequin with moveable base. I thought I would post this just incase anyone else was interested. 

First, here is what it looks like finished :)

spacer.png

Shopping list:

References:

Steps:

• Removed the arms that came with the Mannequin torso and cut a hole to insert the PVC pipe into the shoulders 
  • Attached a Curtain Rod Corner for each shoulder joint
  • Measured forearm and upper arm, cut PVC pipe to length and connected them to the Shoulder Curtain Rod Corner and Elbow Curtain Rod Corner
  • Wrapped forearm and biceps with pool noodle and foam packing material for shape
  • Followed the How to Make a Posable Mannequin video for creating posable hands

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Outlined my body on piece of cardboard and then laid the mannequin torso in place. 
  • Measured remaining space for PVC pipe

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Cut PVC to length and secured joints with JB weld to to keep hip joints from bending. 
  • Wrapped legs with pool noodles and other packing materials I had laying around to shape legs.

spacer.png

Once I have the boots on, it can pretty balance on its own, however I did attach a PVC pipe to the base for extra support which spray painted black. Getting the undersuit and armor on the mannequin is a bit of a process but the result is pretty impressive. 

Hopefully one or two of you will find this post helpful. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

• Like 3