Purge Trooper Phase 2 build

Hello I would like to start building this armor and print it myself. The problem is I don't know if there is now a 3D print file suitable for the 501st (armor and helmet). Does anyone have an idea?

This one doesn't seem precise enough to me!

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/naval-phase-2-purge-trooper-full-size-armor-stl-files

I don’t know of any files out there that are perfect…. I know that in the files you have listed, the helmet is incorrect in almost all the details and the chest peice has several parts that are wrong, haven’t looked at the rest  

Yosh studios has a set that is closer than these files but they have to have work done to them as parts of the armor, like the legs is wrong (can’t recall which part at the moment) 

But Yosh studios helmet is also incorrect in several details 

you could definitely get a set of armor files and make them work (the helmet would be the hardest part as I haven’t seen a good set of files yet)

I made the helmet for the CRL model and had to have a 3D model made as their just wasn’t a good helmet out their, but I don’t sell the files for the helmet currently. 

but I’m using Yosh studios files for my kit and I’m just fixing the parts post print. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, thanks for your reply Kenyon. It sounds like the Yosh file with post-processing is the only option. Too bad they don't sell the helmet file, will they think about it in the future?

As far as 3d print files Christhepropguy has the most accurate files. His kenobi clone trooper is very accurate witch is the same armor. If you buy those files and message chris he will give you the purge trooper specific parts aswell. Definitely get the helmet from kenyon. He is the only one who has a totally accurate helmet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Snowball said:

Ok, thanks for your reply Kenyon. It sounds like the Yosh file with post-processing is the only option. Too bad they don't sell the helmet file, will they think about it in the future?

I most likely won’t sell the file anytime soon but if you don’t care about a resin cast I’m going to start selling 3D printed versions soon for much cheaper than the raw cast. 

My raw casts are $180 plus shipping including prewired LEDs and primed ready for paint. 

I am going to start selling the raw 3D prints for around $80 plus shipping soon. 

But definitely go with Chris the prop guys files as recommended….i forgot about his files and might actually go back and reprint my armor with his files. 

• Like 1
Oh yeah, that looks good, great tip. All that would be missing is the back plate, the backpack and the helmet. I will simply order the helmet from Kanyon in the near future. The only question that remains is where can I get the remaining 3 accurate parts?
 (except textiles)?