Starting my Build

Make sure to use plastic specific paint. I used some of the Painters Touch 2x (Says ok for plastic on the label) for my belt and had HUGE problems with the paint not adhering to the plastic as well as not curing properly. Krylon fusion for plastic worked great on the other pieces. I didnt like the "Satin" finish the fusion ends up with. it was more of a semi gloss so I hit it with a matte clear coat which took the luster down a few notches.

For the finish ike the other said, go with what you like. I went Satin for the armor and Gloss on the greebies. The finish works out well with the SC sticker kit since they are gloss black and accent the satin finish very nicely. .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evening bud...

few little points that you may want to address.

1: Thermal Det is on upside down. (rectangle on the left as you look at it)

2: Drop boxes are low, they ideally want to sit about 3-4" below the belt line.

3: Pouches look like they are on the wrong sides. The straight down bit of the flap should be innermost. (might just be because of the lack of padding).

4: Elastic butt-strap on your bund is shimmying off to one side. It should go straight up.

5: The flight suit does seem a bit baggy. Might be worth taking it in a touch around the legs.

And as a last consideration, but hell... why not.

Adding in the patches, flaps and straps to your suit and making a flak vest. Go the whole hog!

But coming along nicely bud. Keep up the good work.

Sorry to use the standard scout to illustrate it... but it's one of the better references I've got.

If you look here, you'll see that the boxes sit more on the Hips, than on the thighs.

scout-front-chronicles.jpg