The Snipers Animated Swamp Trooper WIP

Hi Spec Ops troops, just realized that I haven't started a WIP of my Animated Stamp Trooper in this area, so the first few comments will be cut and pasted. Them will update everything from here.

Update time, here is what's going on.

Armour: SC have here and just started on it, like later today.

Neck Seal: Arrived today.

Scout Blaster: Not neccessary for Stamp Trooper Animated, but arrived today.

1.5 inch green webbing: Awaiting arrival, ordered 3 weeks ago.

Flight Suit: Ordered from a member on BikerScout forums.

Green Marine Vinyl for boots: Arrived last week, local supplier.

Flechette Launcher: 85% complete, see build thread.

Swamp Trooper: Researching, going with Desert Eagle, I think...

Modified Thermal Det: Painting now, first 2 coast on, will post up pics, later.

Gloves: Had SA gloves, but have bought more suitable gloves. Need to send in size.

Cummerbund: Will be sourcing material this week.

Still need to buy, Desert Eagle, Cummerbund, alternate lenses, 2 inch green webbing for belt and a LOT of out of the box thinking and patience.

Stay tuned

That was at the 30th September.

Ok fast forward to today 25th November 2013.

Here is the armour progress.

Costume made Thermal det, making the belt clips now.

IMG_0486_zpse228480e.jpg

SC armour, need to "Swamp it up"

IMG_0494_zps6c2d8d9a.jpg

IMG_0497_zps4b6ee567.jpg

IMG_0498_zps710ccafa.jpg

IMG_0500_zps09f93550.jpg

IMG_0501_zps0128a4f2.jpg

The Swamp pistol.

IMG_0540_zps4fdcda70.jpg

IMG_0542_zpsca917cfa.jpg

Fletchelle Missile launcher

IMG_0547_zpsa23e4cb3.jpg

IMG_0548_zps854f7e28.jpg

IMG_0553_zps52a0b60d.jpg

WORK LEFT TO DO.

1.Helmet has been made and roughly painted, just needs weathering, lenses (grade 5) approval of the costume snout and final touches.

2. Flight suit has been made and got a message today that it's on the way.

3. Starting the boots soon, have green marine vinyl.

4. Need to add belt clips for the thermal det, need to check clips for approval before attaching.

5. Need to source correct material and colours for cummerbund. Have someone that will be making it.

6. Need to send in colour matches for the belt, before starting that area.

7. Replacement gloves have arrived so will be posting them up in the next few days.

I'm trying to have this finished by April 2014 for our next may event CoastNova and Dreamworld 2014. I'll be posting up WIP as things get done. Working fulltime and a partner that lives down the coast means spare time is limited. But will have this done ASAP.

Thanks for the fantastic comments troops. I haven't done much the last few weeks, as I have just started a new relationship with someone very special, so travelling an hour each way to see her.

Also when I posted this, stupid me put "Stamp" instead of "Swamp".

So can anyone with command access change the title of this topic? Not sure how to do it myself... Beyond my computer skills.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Justin, just checked my Ebay records, the stuff is just green marine vinyl, bought from a local supplier here in Queensland. However I did carefully colour match it to my armour so everything matches.

Haven't started the boots yet. Will post them up when I start them.

• 2 weeks later...

Had boxing day to work on this Swamp Trooper.. Here is the helmet, minus the blue-green bolts, have to find the right colour this week.

IMG_0625_zpsaa8c6832.jpg

IMG_0626_zpse0fb9332.jpg

IMG_0627_zpsc40bc9dd.jpg

IMG_0628_zps9b0c1116.jpg

IMG_0629_zpsb3bb2918.jpg

The lenses are Grade 5 and the ears are plactic, covered in black cotton. The snout is hand built and the fish hooks are the analog type on each side.

Thoughts Spec Ops troopers?

Great job. You will be the first video game version of this character. Really nice work on the detail (TD, snout, greeblies, color, etc.). Although I'm a traditional scout guy, this one will look great due to your hard work and attention to details. Keep it up and can't wait to see you in this one! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
14 hours ago, splinter said:

Unfortunately, Craig passed away Jordan. But the Redbacks completed the build for Craigs wife. :)

Oh man. Please forgive me. Still new around the 501st. This is sad news though and didnt mean to drag it up. 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, splinter said:

Unfortunately, Craig passed away Jordan. But the Redbacks completed the build for Craigs wife. :)

And she looks awesome @splinter!