Battle Worn TX

So another summer is here and another project is about to get started. Hope you all are doing great, and glad to see the boards active per usual!!!! I think back to our picture on the steps in Orlando and how I can't wait to do another photo opp with you guys!

That being said, do we have anyone that has done a battle worn TX yet? I tried a search but really didn't find anything. Was thinking about doing that for my summer project, and wanted to see if anyone has done it or tried it yet!

Cheers,

Brixz

Good to hear from you Brother - Hope you're doing well.

As far as a Battle Worn TX goes the look has got a number of people talking.

As of right now the "battle damaged TX" hasn't been officially approved by the 501st.

So in short you're more than welcome to do one for your own costume but not for an official 501st costume.

Personally I think if weathering on a TX becomes official there will be a guideline for acceptable looks and a guide of how to do it so we'll all have a similar looking costume in the end.

Good to hear from you Brother - Hope you're doing well.

As far as a Battle Worn TX goes the look has got a number of people talking.

As of right now the "battle damaged TX" hasn't been officially approved by the 501st.

So in short you're more than welcome to do one for your own costume but not for an official 501st costume.

Personally I think if weathering on a TX becomes official there will be a guideline for acceptable looks and a guide of how to do it so we'll all have a similar looking costume in the end.

When you say TX, are you referring to the Blacks and Reds?

Cus Swampy is already partially weathered and soon to be more weathered.

Doing very well... have been off the grid for a while... my son was born last November, so at 7 months old, I am actually able to start functioning semi-normal again... HAHA :)

So who offically declares what is weathered or not... is it our group or someone else who dictates what we do with our gear to get it approved? I haven't been around long enough to know how the process works. I would think we would come up with our ideas and then show them and let them decide?

Regradless I am going to start doing some research and will put something together before I decide to more forward. I just am starting to have a problem looking at my gear all shiny and such.. makes me feel all "green" HAHA

Ok here is the deal, until a few months ago there wasn't a single reference of a non fully gloss Blackhole. Then Sideshow made a 12 inches figure that isn't shinny and shows some battle damage. It is the one and only reference. I do like my armor as shinny as possible, is fact I ussually use some novus before each trooping but that's just my choice.

I certainly don't mind the shine... but then I have always wanted to be different and stand out as much as possible.... guess I was the kid yelling "LOOK AT ME" growing up.. HAHA

Indeed I did see the Sideshow figurine.. and will take a closer look at it..

Crazas you gonna be in Orlando next fall??? :P

Dart - Sorry I was talking about the weathered Blackhole as there isn't any information about a weathered costume, except for the single figure that Crazas referenced.

And for my 2 cents I'm with Crazas - Got Novus polish in my kit and a microfiber cloth - Nice and shiny.

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday I went to my door to find the Sideshow Blackhole Stormtrooper sitting on my steps. I must say this is a wonderful addition for anyone who collects Blackhole gear. After careful inspection of the figurine I must say that the battle worn effects are amazing. You still get your Novus polish like gloss with the effects of rolling around and getting into some trouble. It is the best of both worlds. I am surpised no one has attempted to replicate this out of sheer fun yet.

Being that I have three weeks of vacation left, there is a good change that I may dable in this... SO....... stay tuned... :)

So yesterday I went to my door to find the Sideshow Blackhole Stormtrooper sitting on my steps. I must say this is a wonderful addition for anyone who collects Blackhole gear. After careful inspection of the figurine I must say that the battle worn effects are amazing. You still get your Novus polish like gloss with the effects of rolling around and getting into some trouble. It is the best of both worlds. I am surpised no one has attempted to replicate this out of sheer fun yet.

Being that I have three weeks of vacation left, there is a good change that I may dable in this... SO....... stay tuned... :)

We did have one until very recently.......<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I was slapping some tx lids together today and thought of doing a weathered up TX and Nova with a couple of them. I think it would be awesome, but then I love all things dirty and scuffed. If you're looking for scorch and ash detailing try "Notch Weathering Powder" found on ebay....... the kit has several types of weathering from sand to rust etc. Yep it has soot and ash too. Another trick is the liquid latex if you want "chipping". My .02 is a TX would look cool with some chipping giving way to grey or even a bit of white since the story I read was that the armor was "coated" with some Stygian whatever juice.................................. :geek:

I think BH fell victim to a "Wraith Prank."

-iz

I love how i get the blame... pretty sure you were as involved as I was in this.. and ELP might have had a hand in it too :P :P

I love how i get the blame... pretty sure you were as involved as I was in this.. and ELP might have had a hand in it too :P :P

No fair! You can't use my dog and then blame me! It's not like I was there to make sure my dog was smiling at the camera or anything... :ermm:

-iz

id be down for a hardcore damaged tx..

just me but i look the wore hard look ..

my heavy gunner is fun and i keep my ti dull and all black -- and i don't novus up the tx much

i like the heavy worn look ..... so done be surprised if i show up at c6 with the least shiny and most abraised tx of the bunch

i do get compliments on the real world look of it ....im not normally misteakin for a prop ..lololol,

but id love to rock some blaster marks someday --or a sandy version of the tx .hmmmmmmmmm?????

• 1 month later...

I have looked at the Sideshow Blackhole Trooper and I have decided to start saving my pennies and build one, Im already 501st as a IC so it will be for my own personal satisfaction and if it gets approved someday then all the better. Problem is how to get started.

blackhole_trooper_shadowtrooper_01.jpg

blackholetrooper.jpg

It might not be as it was, but it looks like as it should have been to me.

Somebody has added quite a few pieces to that sideshow trooper there. Those weapons and jet pack are add ons. As far as the weathering, we'll be looking at that as an option probably after we get the VCRL's finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...