SDS Shadow Trooper Armour

Hey Guys,

I was over at the Shepperton Design Studios website and noticed that he sells complete Shadow Trooper Armour.

What are people's thoughts on this armour and is it as good as they say it is.

I have seen his white armour very briefly on a troop but i thought i would get other opinions from those who know best.

From what I hear it is expensive and if you dont fit the body type its a little harder to mod it cause of its "comes out of box" readiness but the straping sucks and likely need to adjust all the velcro n stuff ...its an upgrade from a rubies for sure in looks but its still needs work for you...i dont like t he lopsided helmet that SDS usually has as a signature.

Pro:

It comes out of the box ready to ware,

He makes it in black and or white

He work on the movies so he has more accuracy then some armor out there

Cons:

Cost too much and can find better sources of armor

If your bigger, taller and/or shorter then those in the movie then not too much fun stripping and moding/ shimming

velcro system doesnt stay so likey invest in industrial strength velcro/ snapping system

He doesnt ship to america

the lopsided helmet in the back

issues with fan base because of the lawsuit with ownership of armor with Jorge Lucas

least thats all i can think of hope it helps

From what I hear it is expensive and if you dont fit the body type its a little harder to mod it cause of its "comes out of box" readiness but the straping sucks and likely need to adjust all the velcro n stuff ...its an upgrade from a rubies for sure in looks but its still needs work for you...i dont like t he lopsided helmet that SDS usually has as a signature.

Pro:

It comes out of the box ready to ware,

He makes it in black and or white

He work on the movies so he has more accuracy then some armor out there

Cons:

Cost too much and can find better sources of armor

If your bigger, taller and/or shorter then those in the movie then not too much fun stripping and moding/ shimming

velcro system doesnt stay so likey invest in industrial strength velcro/ snapping system

He doesnt ship to america

the lopsided helmet in the back

issues with fan base because of the lawsuit with ownership of armor with Jorge Lucas

least thats all i can think of hope it helps

Thanks for the info. I nearly went this way when i first did my TK because i fell in love with the armour but ended up going AM due to the cost and the way the Aus $ was 12 months ago. The black does look preety nice though, I also read that he does ship the armour and helmet unmade as in no strapping and you basically build it the way you would do with a AM or AP etc.

I need to finish start my Shadow Scout first and then once that is finished i may go the Black Armour.

Thanks for the input guys.