Bombtrooper Build

Since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the Darktrooper, I thought I would go ahead and start a thread for my next project....the Bombtrooper! There is no progress yet as I'm going to finish up the Darktrooper first. But I have done some research into materials and thinking how to go about this particular project.

First off for the helmet, I'm thinking one of the full brim hard hats similar to this one (with some mods of course).

E1SW-01_120x0.jpg

Then I would create a separate shoulder/chest piece and stretch fabric from the helmet over the armor.

But like I said I've just been thinking about until the Darktrooper is finished.

Fivezero

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm going to start this in September probably. I'm leaving August to make adjustments to the Darktrooper as it goes through the approval process. I also have another little project I want to do real quick before the Bombtrooper build commences. So if anyone notices no progress on this, that's why. :)

Fivezero

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored yesterday. After fighting myself on whether to start ANOTHER armor project, I remembered I still need to start this one...this hobby is getting a little too addicting...

Anyway got a template built for the face of the helmet.

DSCF0003-1.jpg

The outline on the top of the piece on the right is going to be a raised portion (which is what the piece on the left is for). It's also got a very nice field of view, I can just about see everything perfectly.

I haven't started any work on the actual pieces yet since I'm waiting for a hard hat to arrive (coming tomorrow) to make some adjustments (if any) to my template.

I also found some nice dark blue vinyl to make the gloves (looks like an almost exact match).

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/vinyl-fabric/color-vinyl-fabric/dark-blue-vinyl-fabric-.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on this a little more since I was bored. After hurting my brain thinking about sewing I made a mock up of the chest pieces and the ab/belt box. Also did some doodling to wrap my head around some of the other parts.

DSCF0002-3-1.jpg

I'm considering making a cut along that line on the right side of the chest to make it closer in shape.

Maybe I'll start actually making some armor tomorrow while I repaint some Darktrooper pieces.

Here's a mock up of the front of the boot. I'm thinking there is going to be a hard part for the front and a soft, fabric portion for the back of the boot with a piece of armor for the shins.

DSCF0002-3-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

So now that my secret little build is just about done, it's time to get back to my other projects.

So I whipped up this kama for this build real quick.

DSCF0002-7-1.jpg

I think I'll use some Underarmor as well for the shirt and pant base then make some mods from there.

Fivezero

• 2 weeks later...

Did some messing around last night.

DSCF0003-2.jpg

Made a little cowl (?). Anyway just a test of the template I made, now I just need some white vinyl. Right now the whole head/shoulder is going to be two separate pieces, but I may do some more experimenting later to make it one (but it'll be two if I can't figure something out).

Alright so here's the beginning of one of the boots, I'm kind of in the middle as to if I like or not. What do you guys think? I'm mostly concerned with the hard armor toe part.:confused:

DSCF0013.jpg

I still need to make a little shin guard looking thing and run some strapping over the hard armor part.

Very difficult this build is... :D

• 3 years later...

Nope, I had some other, more interesting projects (EVO and TFU Shadow) that kinda killed my interest in this guy unfortunately. And I keep finding other troopers I really want to do. I may pick it back up one day, but for now it's dead. :confused: