Need advice

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Full set (includes undersuit,gloves, and holster)-$680 (w/o shipping)
    • Just armor-$660

Hey everybody, I am trying to get a set of TX atm, and I have a choice between two sets. One has all the armor almost completely put together including the helmet and has the undersuit, gloves and holster as part of offer for $680+shipping, the other is just the armor, but probably higher quality and is $660 with the shipping included, which should I go for???

both include the helmet and everything needed for a full armor set

I personally like to buy my own undersuit as it is VERY form fitting and I like to try it on before you buy it... and if the undersuit is used... HAHA deal breaker right there.. lol

but in all honesty.. best to get the better quality, in my opinion.. the other stuff is just fluff and you'll end up changing those things out at some point or another.

And you said the cheaper suit is "probably" better quality? Id do some research and make sure for a fact before you make the purchase! You can always make your own holster if thats the case.. and if you carry a DLT or something it won't even be necessary.

I personally like to buy my own undersuit as it is VERY form fitting and I like to try it on before you buy it... and if the undersuit is used... HAHA deal breaker right there.. lol

Lol, yea, I see what you are saying, but it is in completely new condition and even still has tags

and It is one of the lycra dive suit under suit type thing

it really depends on the quality, personally i would get armor cause the other stuff i can find locally or have it done by some one i know

If it's a choice between the old FX with extras and the new AM in a kit, then the quality will be the same, you're mainly just paying for an updated mold with the AM.

My FX armor is great and I have no complaints. I'm still buying the AM because black ABS runs are rare, and I like the new look. The helmet in both kits are pretty much the same though. So that doesn't matter. However, if I was on a budget, I'd probably choose the one that came with extras.

I can't give you a real answer though with out seeing a link to the potential armor.

-iz

I guess it depends on the undersuit. Personally, I prefer the moisture wicking under armour, or some other varient (starter, nike, etc...) . It really comes in handy when it's hot, and you REALLY dont want anything else than the armor you're already weraing to hold in that heat (and that black armor is an oven). Another thing I've noticed over time is you want the tight fitting (compression) gear, maybe a size larger than what you may normally wear, or the loose fit stuff, but a size or two smaller than what you would normally wear. The reason why is I hate having any loose material flapping out of the gaps in the armor (elbows, arm pits, knees, hips, etc..) It helps when slipping in and out of the armor and in general just looks better, not to mention helps you deal with the heat.

Another thing to keep in mind, when adhering velcro to your armor, always have the loop (soft/furry side) of the velcro facing in towards you, while having the hook (hard/plastic side) facing away from you. The reason for this is that hook will grab a hold of your undersuit and will ultimately cause damage. BTW, I'm not saying to put velcro on your undersuit, I'm refering to the velcro you put on the armor, where velcro is necessary to hold pieces together.

Just throwing those things out at you.. but I suppose the first thing is to get what you can afford, then upgrade to the better gear when you can afford it.

If it's a choice between the old FX with extras and the new AM in a kit, then the quality will be the same, you're mainly just paying for an updated mold with the AM.

My FX armor is great and I have no complaints. I'm still buying the AM because black ABS runs are rare, and I like the new look. The helmet in both kits are pretty much the same though. So that doesn't matter. However, if I was on a budget, I'd probably choose the one that came with extras.

I can't give you a real answer though with out seeing a link to the potential armor.

-iz

The helmet is unchanged as there is no new FX helmet molds. The chest/back are still a bit off, but the rest of the AM kit is much better than the FX it replaces. Also note that the FX is not being produced anymore, hence the difference in value. That said, the FX can be pimped out to look really nice and more accurate w/o much expense.

I'll agree never to buy a used body suit. :)

As Izzi says, w/o pix it's a bit of a general answer.

haha or if you are handy with some velcro and a sewing machine... make your own modifications... flip er down go to town and then back up again and stromtroopers will rejoice in your ability to come up with a way to stand at a urinal.. I can see the pics now! hahaha

haha or if you are handy with some velcro and a sewing machine... make your own modifications... flip er down go to town and then back up again and stromtroopers will rejoice in your ability to come up with a way to stand at a urinal.. I can see the pics now! hahaha

Nice one Joe! :D you could even make a video of a stormtrooper doing everyday things and turning around after using the urinal and getting mad at whoever is videotaping and whatnot, lol

Shade ... So what did you do?

- Pre-built, unbuilt?

- Who's the maker: Cap-W or FX/AM or darkend white kit?

- Which Helmet: Cap-W or FX/AM or MR/eFX or darkend white helmet?