Nordic TX (AM) under construction [Now Constructed]

Okay, here we go!

I got my complete AM kit yesterday, and today I unpacked everything and took some pictures. Allot of parts in this kit. :thumbsup:

p10202561280x768.jpg

I'm probably going to start building this next week. Are there anything special I should be aware of, or can I just build it after the normal stormtrooper recipy? I'm thinking of strapping, return edges, cover strips and stuff like that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Lars didn't mention here is that this is the 1st Prize from the Spec. Ops Raffle!

Congrats Again Lars on winning the Grande Prize! That was literally the last AM Shadow Stormtrooper kit available.

Any questions you know where to ask.

And as far as construction goes it can be done same way as a TK, as Crazas said please post pics as you go!

Have fun and thanks for posting!

Just looking how wonderful ths pic is with everything laid out nicely then i noticed the helmet and memories came floating back to me of how much drama i had putting my TK AM helmet together.

I still have it but it is now a dust collecter and i currently use a AP helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

It took some time, but I've finally started trimming parts. I'm going to build it just like my TM stormtrooper suit, with cover strips, so I'm trimming away a lot.

Waiting on a shipment of new rare earth magnest (most of my old ones are crushed) so I can start gluing. I have trimmed the arms, and started on legs. The shins are putting up a fight, due to the wrong integrated cover strip problem AM has.

shadowstart.jpg

Just looking how wonderful ths pic is with everything laid out nicely then i noticed the helmet and memories came floating back to me of how much drama i had putting my TK AM helmet together.

I still have it but it is now a dust collecter and i currently use a AP helmet.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do with the AM helmet. I've ordered a better one, so I might build it and sell it, or just keep it in the collection.

• 1 month later...

Okay, here we go!

I got my complete AM kit yesterday, and today I unpacked everything and took some pictures. Allot of parts in this kit. :thumbsup:

p10202561280x768.jpg

I'm probably going to start building this next week. Are there anything special I should be aware of, or can I just build it after the normal stormtrooper recipy? I'm thinking of strapping, return edges, cover strips and stuff like that.

I love all the little extra goodies that the AM kit supply. Hand plates 3 different kinds. 2 knee plates incase you kneal to hard :geek:

• 4 weeks later...

man..! This took way longer than I first was planning. I got a bit derailed with a Bacara.. and helping other people build stuff.

BUT I have finished the arms and started on the legs now. I have also finished the helmet I bought in here.. Except for the tube stripes and frown. Do you use flat black on the tube stripes? And what colour is most popular to use on the frown?

*The frown must have either 6 or 8 teeth cut out and any coloring must not leave the indented area. Acceptable colors are: black, gray or silver. If there are spaces between the teeth the wearer's face must not be seen

*The tube stripes are black in color and may number between 9 and 15 per side with the curve bends extending backwards. These may be hand painted or decals. There does not need to be the same number per side.

You obviously can do as you wish within the parameters. Most do a flat black decal for the tube stripes and paint the frown silver. My opinion, If you do the silver frown you should do the mirrored lens look though so it's uniform. Up to you though. :)

Okay, I'll do it like that then. Flat black and silver. I already got the mirrored lens.

I'm not used to having a choice in how to do stuff to get it accurate.. If you're going for Centurion Stormtrooper, everything is pretty much locked down.

• 1 year later...

wow.. is it really a year since I was in here? The TX costume was put on hold right after my last post, but now I'm back in the game, and have almost finished it. The only part left to do is the belt. I'm going for a black canvas version.

I have cut and bent and really worked almost all the parts of this AM kit to make it look as good as I can. I'll post pictures later.